[GIT] IceSkull

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

[GIT] IceSkull

Post by ChefChelios »

this is my ice skull...
it is a increased fire skull.. i just pixeld over it to get the right perspective..
it is a lil bit transparent to improve the ice-look...

regards "a pixel noob" :lol:
Attachments
iceskull-4-4.png
iceskull-4-4.png (18.42 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
Last edited by ChefChelios on 26 Dec 2010, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [wip] IceSkull

Post by Reid »

skull wasn't on the right perspective :p not a lot of monster in tmw are in the good perspective... but I like it, you did it really well
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i like it alot ... :twisted: ....great good on its death frames :mrgreen: .. perspective is not bad imo...
would also be cool to see a full body one :wink: ...

----------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Since our recent discussion on art, consistency and perspective, this does hit "player sprite perspective" in that it matches the player sprite, like many monsters (like the skull).

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=11665 <- Discussion

Comments on it are appreciated and will help determine if future monster art, like the "Ice Skull" is acceptable. Right now, I am still a proponent of art that takes on the player sprite's perspective as well as the more correct 45 degree. I'd like more opinions and discussion on the direction this game is taking on art, though it does seem we are siding more with staying more open to a variety of art styles (inconsistent art).

Sorry for presenting a tangent on this monster, but I'd like to see it added, but I really want to make sure there are enough active, contributing voices to the mix on how art should be done for the game as well as voices from players who enjoy this game.
Current character is "Abolish".
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

seems pretty nice :-)
Keep up the good work.

Although IMHO (a pixel noob as well) there is something missing, but I cannot tell what is missing.

regards
Pjotr
---
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

Good job. I liked too. But 45° view perspective is useful in some cases. Is boring transform all concept art in the right perspective, but this will became easy over time.
pateame

Re: IceSkull

Post by pateame »

Nice! I just found it today using search button :oops:
Here's a spritesheet for testing, I just fit frames on 45 X 60 gridlines to can create a nice .XML for it, also a shadow on floor was added,
but all the credits are for you, great work ChefChelios!
monster-iceskull.png
monster-iceskull.xml
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [GIT] IceSkull

Post by Alige »

Ice Skull was added to database. Thanks to ChefChelios for the graphics, thanks to pateame for the xml and co.