Spanish Server (Draft)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Seth
Newly Registered User

Spanish Server (Draft)

Post by Seth »

Hi, first of all, I would comment that my english is not the best, because I am Hispanic. However, I come to the community to seek counseling.

I've played the world of mana (TMW) and really the game I love. But there is not a server for the Hispanic community in the world. That's why I would like from here, wonder to the community and the administration, if there is a future possibility of a Spanish server.

If not so, as I considered, I would like to know. What are the chances that a person pay for a server to play and a community in Spanish? I'm talking about someone like me, who wants to contribute to the community, without expecting payment.

Something I admire the staff of the game, is that they have made a GPL licensed project. I want this to continue, a free game for free people, but in a version for the Hispanic community.

I've even thought about bringing people together to translate the game into Spanish. I am a Web programmer, little or nothing of scheduled games. But I want to collaborate with the community, not whether now or in the future, but I would so expand the Hispanic community in the world.

Is it possible to get the game to uploading server to the Hispanic community? Without charging money to players.

What would be the requirements for a server TMW? 1,000 people, for example.

Thanks and I apologize for my poor English. :oops:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Spanish Server (Draft)

Post by Crush »

A server for 1000 people? You can consider yourself successful when you have an average online user number of 10.

All you need for a small TMW server is a broadband flatrate at home, a second pc you can hook up on it and a dynamic dns service like dyndns.

When you want to do it a bit more professional, you could lease a server in a data center. The prices start at about 50€ a month.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Seth
Newly Registered User

Post by Seth »

Hello Crush.

1,000 users is a future goal, long term. TMW has about 6,000 registered users worldwide, but few are Hispanic.

In Latin America, for example, most people do not have modern PCs, let alone internet connections attractive. In Latin America, the connections are on average 1024kbps. This makes the modern MMORPG play is a nightmare. So a game like TMW consuming fewer resources and bandwidth becomes appealing.

As I said, I am a web developer, that is, mine are my web pages. So I looking here, the requirements of a server. Usually I buy a server for the web, but I don't know the type of server you need for this type of game.

I can use a conventional server?
or...
Should I use a VPS server?
Seth
Newly Registered User

Post by Seth »

Apologies for double post.

I want to make the specifications of some packages of VPS servers in my country, so that you recommend me one to serve for 50/100 users online.

Package I
Dedicated 256 MB RAM
384 MB Burstable RAM
20 GB Disk Space
250GB Monthly Transfer
100Mbit Port Speed
1IP
163 USD per Year

Package II
Dedicated 512 MB RAM
768 MB Burstable RAM
20GB Disk Space
500GB Monthly Transfer
100Mbit Port Speed
1IP
221 USD per Year

Package III
1024 MB RAM Dedicated
1.5 GB Burstable RAM
30 GB Disk Space
1 TB Monthly Transfer
100Mbit Port Speed
1IP
372 USD per Year

Package IV
2048 MB RAM Dedicated
3 GB Burstable RAM
50 GB Disk Space
2TB Monthly Transfer
100Mbit Port Speed
1IP
582 per Year

These are specifications for VPS servers. What other kind of servers I can use? Does the VPS is correct?

Thanks.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

If you want kaster got a spanish server, all is translated in spanish and it can may be useful to launch a community... I wonder if his server is still available, but you can always use his work for your server.

Good luck, its a hard work ;).
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Seth
Newly Registered User

Post by Seth »

Hello Reid.

You said that already has a server in Spanish?

That would be good, could launch a web portal for the Hispanic community and look for partners, through web portal.

If Reid is a tough job, so can not be considered a short-term. But bit by bit we comes to goals.

Well, I'm very interested in this, to expand the community of TMW to Spain and Latin America. Always with the same original project concept.

Thanks, if anyone knows which of the VPS packages that I explained is good to begin with, would appreciate your guidance.

Greetings.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Hello Reid.
Good morning ^^.
You said that already has a server in Spanish?
Yes, but like I said, I dont know if it always exist.
If Reid is a tough job
I'm a tough job? O.o
so can not be considered a short-term. But bit by bit we comes to goals.
I got only one thing to say, if you work hard and if you do a good job, it will work, like every project.
Greetings.
Bye, and try to see Kaster in game, he dont come a lot this time but.... ^^

Good luck again.
-- Ford Prefect
Seth
Newly Registered User

Post by Seth »

Reid wrote:I'm a tough job? O.o
Hahahaha No... you're not a hard job ... I'm talking about the game ... Sorry, but my English is very bad.
I got only one thing to say, if you work hard and if you do a good job, it will work, like every project.
Thanks, I'll remember.
Bye, and try to see Kaster in game, he dont come a lot this time but.... ^^

I'll try ... seeketh to Kaster. I guess this in the official server.

Thank you very much for everything, Reid.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

You're welcome, I hope that you won't finish as other project, forget in a side of the pc and uncomplet...
Again(again or again again?) good luck ^^ You will really need it.
-- Ford Prefect