Mana client question

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Menny
Newly Registered User

Mana client question

Post by Menny »

Hello, could anybody tell where could i get the up-to-date mana native client's res files, like maps, monster, equipment,players, etc sprites?

I tried this link: http://gitorious.org/mana/mana/trees/ma ... cs/sprites

Bu there seems to be no any game sprites.

Thank you.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Mana client question

Post by Kage »

The "game" data like sprites are kept in another repo ( http://gitorious.org/tmwdata/mainline/trees/master ) because server data is unique to each server. But you can get the server data for TMW at the repo listed.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Menny
Newly Registered User

Post by Menny »

Thank you for the information.
Menny
Newly Registered User

Post by Menny »

And could you tell where does the client store the sprites?

I patched the client for alternate world, entered the game perfectly, but couldn't find the sprites in the data folder. Does it store the sprites files somewhere else?
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Menny wrote:And could you tell where does the client store the sprites?

I patched the client for alternate world, entered the game perfectly, but couldn't find the sprites in the data folder. Does it store the sprites files somewhere else?
Generaly its in clientdata/graphics/sprite If not then clientdata/graphics/sprite/equipment
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Menny
Newly Registered User

Post by Menny »

It's strange, i have only 2 png, 4 gif, and 3 xml files in the sprite folder, and there no equipment folder. But somehow i still can play with that client without any errors. I've noticed that in the logs/updates/server.thealternateworld.org/data exist some *.zip patches with the sprites and so on. Maybe client takes sprites and other stuff from that folder somehow?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Reid wrote: Generaly its in clientdata/graphics/sprite If not then clientdata/graphics/sprite/equipment
This information is wrong.

When the client performs an auto update it stores the zipped updates in your user directory (the location depends on your operating system). The zip files you've found are exactly where the client loads its updates.

But unfortunately, when you want to do content development, you can't just tamper with these files because they will be overwritten when the client checks for updates.

A detailed description how to make the client skip the updating and load data files from an unpacked directory structure instead can be found in the thread "how to play around with tmw resource files" in the content development forum.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Menny
Newly Registered User

Post by Menny »

Thank you for the information.