Friends In Game AND Donations ??

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
BadLink
Newly Registered User

Friends In Game AND Donations ??

Post by BadLink »

This new, maybe till I finish the game :oops:

1) I know in setup you can place a friends name in the Player area.

Is there any way to know if your friend is playing when you sign on ??

2) Most games have a shop to buy game items, a donation section or simply buttons
so we can vote our appreciation for the game and advertise to get more players.

I've looked all over for a shop section, a donation button and a way to vote for the
game and found nothing.
Of course I'm probably older then most players so that may be why I can't find
anything. :(
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Friends In Game AND Donations ??

Post by Kage »

BadLink wrote:This new, maybe till I finish the game :oops:

1) I know in setup you can place a friends name in the Player area.

Is there any way to know if your friend is playing when you sign on ??
No, that list is purely client side. However if you are your friends are in the same party it will let you know when they are online.
BadLink wrote: 2) Most games have a shop to buy game items, a donation section or simply buttons
so we can vote our appreciation for the game and advertise to get more players.

I've looked all over for a shop section, a donation button and a way to vote for the
game and found nothing.
Of course I'm probably older then most players so that may be why I can't find
anything. :(
This project is purely driven by volunteers. Most developers have been opposed to the idea of "pay for a better game experience." So we don't have a item shop.

We use to have a link on the home page for donations but I think our goal have been met. A while ago the server the game runs on needed a new hard drive, and we had a fund raising: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=5073 But that has long since been met. Any donations made would go to Playtna to help her maintain the server or Elven for the domain. As thats really the project's only expense.

As far as for voting for us. I am sure we are on countless voting websites but we don't not officially advertise anywhere. And I am sure countless more wouldn't even consider us a serious project.

But anyways, by far if you want to help the project the best thing you can do is help improve the game. By art, documentation, mapping (its not that hard), quest design, scripting, other content, or client / server development. There are many ways to contribute. :)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P