Magic - cannot get it working

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
pakos
Novice
Novice

Magic - cannot get it working

Post by pakos »

Sorry i wasnt clever enough to take off shield, now spells are working :roll:

Second question: i'd like to ask you for spells, which are useful? I'd like to play a bit with magic but i'm newbie :)

More: ok so i got:
magic: lvl 1
nature magic: lvl 2 - are there any useful skills?

i got also lum spell which needs lifestones, so far eleonore says she can make them for me for herbs, and i'm too weak to make them myself. when i will be able to make lifestones myself? And how should i get Life Magic skill in my skills window?
pakos
Novice
Novice

Re: Magic - cannot get it working

Post by pakos »

Oh and what do i need to heal other players?
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

ok you got lum. to heal someone you need a lifestone and you say #lum name
To heal yourself you say #lum
To make lifestones you only need maggot slimes or buglegs and you say #manpahil
If you can't do the spell yet, see me in Hurnscald or whisper me and I make you some.

Also useful is warmagic which you start by talking to the sword in the woods.
If you don't know the way you can also whisper me or any mage ingame or just ask in hurnscald. Someone will show you the way.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Also you can search the forum and/or the wiki and have the satisfaction of discovering at least a few things by yourself. You will run out of things to do sooner or later anyway. Ask in-game spoilers... errm... helpers only after you think you looked everywhere.
pakos
Novice
Novice

Post by pakos »

Kill3rZ wrote:Also you can search the forum and/or the wiki and have the satisfaction of discovering at least a few things by yourself. You will run out of things to do sooner or later anyway. Ask in-game spoilers... errm... helpers only after you think you looked everywhere.
Yeah sure, i will but some spells like healing is really cool to have fast :)
Leela wrote:ok you got lum. to heal someone you need a lifestone and you say #lum name
To heal yourself you say #lum
To make lifestones you only need maggot slimes or buglegs and you say #manpahil
If you can't do the spell yet, see me in Hurnscald or whisper me and I make you some.

Also useful is warmagic which you start by talking to the sword in the woods.
If you don't know the way you can also whisper me or any mage ingame or just ask in hurnscald. Someone will show you the way.
I've tried to lum someone but nothing happened. Shouldnt i have life magic skill? Where do i get it? Is it needed to make lifestones aswell?

edit:
i'm kinda lost, some ppl say i can heal ppl now, some say i need lvl 2 magic and then she will give me life magic skill.
Gimme a step by step guide to heal ppl O_o
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

SPOILER WARNING:

First you drop all the metal that you're wearing. Get naked if needed. Your shield alone (even the wooden one) is enough to make magic impossible. Your mana bar (next to the xp bar) should be blue, not gray.

Second: get life stones. Elanore can make them for you, but I strongly advise you to ask some advanced mage to make some life stones for you. 1 leaf (any color) or 100 gp should be a reasonable price to pay per life stone (Elanore is MUCH more expensive). Some mages will make it even cheaper than that, but the price I mentioned is reasonable both for you and for them.

Third: get hurt or find a hurt person - healing magic experience is counted in the HP points you heal (yourself or another player)

Fourth: say "#lum" to heal yourself or "#lum playername" (without "" and using the player's actual name)

Appendix 1: advanced healing (of others only) will be available at magic lvl 2. To get there you must practice many kinds of magic a lot and then touch the mana seed again.
Appendix 2: to check if your magic is working at all or not, say "#abizit". It is a free spell (it gives no magic experience) and it also tells you when the time is right to get more magic power from the mana seed.
Appendix 3: at magic lvl 2 you can make the life stones (to heal yourself)
pakos
Novice
Novice

Post by pakos »

sweet thx,
pakos
Novice
Novice

Post by pakos »

oh one more question, i heard that if youre casting same spell youre not getting magic exp for it, so when i was training my magic to lvl 2 i used to cast chiza and lum and so on. I'll have to use that style forever? Or i can cans inma everytime on players?
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

I suggest you also learn VERY good transmutations. If you practice war magic, you should now that the good spells consume stuff that you have to transmutate and the raw materials are rare enough. You don't want to get a lot of failed transmutations and once you get good at it you will notice how important a good transmutation rate can be to your own economy. That is if you plan to be a mage for a long time.

Second level healing is cool and it doesn't consume anything, but just achieving magic lvl 2 is not enough (even if magic lvl 2 is the maximum at the moment). You can be a lvl 2 noob or a ready-for-lvl-3 mage and the spells are more effective in the second case. You can really see a huge difference in your transmutation rate, in how many animals you summon with one spell, in the lightning or fire damage you do and in how much you heal with one spell. So, if you like magic, you should keep practising with 2 or more spells even after getting magic lvl 2.