Drakula asking for password

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Drakula asking for password

Post by Leela »

That Drakula person went on when MrWho was afk.
He asked me if I am MrWho. I said yes for fun and he said, that "PW" and "username" openly and said it doesn't work. So I told him it is wrong and gave him some different randomly chosen. Well i have no screeny but I think that is important anyway.
Some people were around and not afk... maybe they can write something too... Hayakawa and Axalix were there too.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

Scamming is not an actual rule, so he can't be banned for this :(

However, thank you both for the warning - I hope as many people as possible read your post. If anyone has friends who don't bother with the forums, and might fall prey to this type of scam, warn them! All I can say is this:

**Never give anyone your log-in and password!!**

Note: I will leave this thread open at this time, but if random non-sense is being posted on it I will lock it.
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I would like to see this kind of 'scamming' made a ban able offense. I know that scamming isnt against the rules, but come on. This isnt a simple not adding a zero scam. What can we do about getting rules changed?
sexy red bearded GM
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The problem with making a rule against trying to trick people into revealing their passwords is that it is not enforceable.

Screenshots don't prove anything because everyone with a tiny bit of expertise can fake them to frame someone they don't like. And we don't log private conversations for privacy reasons.

So it could only be enforced when a game master witnesses it in person, and you would need to be really dumb to ask someone for their password when a GM is around.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Well, if it happens, you could always whisper a GM; ask them to appear invisible and watch it happen. And, if a GM does catch them, they can be punished.
Anna
Novice
Novice

Post by Anna »

ok change the rules so you can log personal conversations just for the fact of this situation...this isnt a chat room, ban the person due to the fact that they are trying..thi is getting worse than myspace
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

:lol: MrWho that's a very funny trap.

well to mention another such while i was noob a long ago...

In town, in broad day light :D a player was trying to sell lvl 100 char named "11111" or so.
He was looking for any descent amount before he releases the "user" & "pw" of that char.
I tested similar way to check where it turns to. At last I end up doing nothing.
I didnt know if I should report to GMs or how.

EDIT: he wasnt joking & mentioned lvl 100 to increase the probability of potential customer.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Anna wrote:ok change the rules so you can log personal conversations just for the fact of this situation...
No, we are not spying on our players and their private conversations. It's a question of trust. When we create the technical means to eavesdrop on password phishing we also create the technical means to eavesdrop on cybersex sessions.

Surveillance is evil.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.