Estellise

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Should Estellise be added as GM

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 70
2@NG0
Peon
Peon

Estellise

Post by 2@NG0 »

Make Estellise a GM
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Re: Estellise

Post by snoopy »

oh you are going good with the vote:P
(°_°)
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

2@ngo again, tell me why should Estellise be a GM?
(didn't vote yet)
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

I've voted yes, but not because she is my capitan, and yes because she have pink eyes and pink hair, is soooooo cute!

Ok, im kidding. I belive that Reid,Estellise, is a good option for GM because she is communicative and this is very valued by new players (or anothers players).

And now you ask: for be GM is needed to be communicative?
My answer: No! need be impartial in any situation and i belive that Reid have this characteristic.

I voted yes!
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Reid: i don't think the "no" has something to do with not liking you. many just vote no because they don't know the person.
As for me I don't vote at all if i don't know the person. yes or no has always a reason.

With you I am still undecided.
Pro: You are online pretty much. You know the game well. I never saw you breaking any rules.
Contra: Your english. Sorry, but sometimes it is difficult to understand you because you use words in the wrong context.

I am going to vote just atm i am not decided, yet...

cu ingame
Leela
Salaza-Shi
Peon
Peon

Post by Salaza-Shi »

Esty for the win :D
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

I voted yes! :wink:
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

i voted no.
here reasons:
- language: as i told in my previous post. A GM should know English more fluently.
- nice: You are very nice, maybe a bit too nice.
- clan: You are a clan leader. i don't know how stressful it is right now (the clan is young) but think about when the clan gets bigger and all the time someone wants something clan connected. Then you are GM too and won't have a free second anymore, cause GMs are getting whispered and have to do their job, too which is pretty time consuming. Big Clan + being GM = no time to play (at least that is what I think)

and the only valuable reason for yes from my side was:
- You are online very much. Which is good, cause I see you online at times when no GM is online. You would totally fill a gap.

cu ingame
Leela
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

For a unknow reason, i am liking of the way how Leela is choosing the GMs.

Look like the responsable way of choose a Game Master.

Congratulations Leela.
2@NG0
Peon
Peon

Post by 2@NG0 »

Leela wrote:2@ngo again, tell me why should Estellise be a GM?
(didn't vote yet)
She is very friendly, she has authority and leadership skills plus she helped me so many times in the game and always willing to help any new player.
She has always replied to any whisper i sent to her. To my knowledge she has never been rude to a player on The Mana world server. even if she is AFK she notified me when she would be back as well as any member of her team.
2@NG0
Peon
Peon

Post by 2@NG0 »

2@NG0 wrote:
Leela wrote:2@ngo again, tell me why should Estellise be a GM?
(didn't vote yet)
She is very friendly, she has authority and leadership skills plus she helped me so many times in the game and always willing to help any new player.
She has always replied to any whisper i sent to her. To my knowledge she has never been rude to a player on The Mana world server. even if she is AFK she notified me when she would be back as well as any member of her team.
One other reason whih many people doesn't seem to consider. There are many french players from france or canada these players needs some help. Estellise speak french and english though u can't communicate as fluently she would be adequate for the other players. Its not always about communicating with GM but with the players. Be fair to the french players and let her be a GM some players are even from germany and soon you might need someone who speaks german and english well why being stuck with only english speaking GM's be a bit more open?
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Well there are players who speak french very good and also a very well english. I have seen announcements in the past when help for translation was called. Every GM can do that if he/she can't communicate with someone. English is what is needed, as it is the official language. French is a nice bonus but the english is not good enough.

btw i have to say that Estellise is very willing to get better. She takes advice very well (talking about english now).
2@NG0
Peon
Peon

Post by 2@NG0 »

Leela wrote:Well there are players who speak french very good and also a very well english. I have seen announcements in the past when help for translation was called. Every GM can do that if he/she can't communicate with someone. English is what is needed, as it is the official language. French is a nice bonus but the english is not good enough.

btw i have to say that Estellise is very willing to get better. She takes advice very well (talking about english now).

I guess what you are trying to say is that you agree with me that Estellise can make a big difference as she can speak both english and french. But you also think that she will have too much responsibility and that she wont have time to deal with both Red Corsair and GM. So at the end of the day, its just a question of your point of view between you the voters and mine.I also partially agree with you,but the votes speaks for itself. We have to consider the votes our point of views are here to help the voters and players to make a decision..
katil
Peon
Peon

Post by katil »

Estellise great only go so.....!
katil
Peon
Peon

Post by katil »

Sure i voted yeahh :) :D :( :mrgreen: