Leela [does not wish to be GM]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Leela for GM

Yes.
53%
No.
47%

Total votes: 74
wolf_pack
Novice
Novice

Leela [does not wish to be GM]

Post by wolf_pack »

xD Wanna nominate Leela for GM. Swear she's been nominated before but can't find it any where. Must be gone. :/ Anyways.... Figured she'd make a good GM considering who she is, the time that she's actually on TMW, very active in the Forums, not to mention been with us for well over a year. She always has a fair opinion on any discussion no matter how big or small and relatively open minded. Besides what else does she do but sit in town any ways :p. Sorry if u didn't want the nomination Leela, or renominated if that's the case. Best of luck if you do though.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: That um...Futurama chick for GM

Post by enchilado »

wolf_pack wrote:Besides what else does she do but sit in town any ways :p.
Plenty. If she only sat in town she'd make a terrible GM - the reason you only see GMs in town is because when they're not there they're off bot-hunting.

Also, please don't nominate people just because they're girls. I really like Leela, but that's no reason to vote for her. I'm not convinced she would make a good GM, so I'm not voting for her at all.
wolf_pack
Novice
Novice

Post by wolf_pack »

o.O That's not at all the reason I nominated her. I nominated her, because of who she is in the game. And the sits in town was a joke. -_- Besides, in case you haven't noticed most of the GM's have been female. o.O Least the ones that I've seen. Aside from Doors and Cap'n. Neither of which we're very active. I nominated Leela for her activity in the game, not for her gender.
Vesta
Peon
Peon

Post by Vesta »

poison_ivy wrote:
wolf_pack wrote:Besides what else does she do but sit in town any ways :p.

Also, please don't nominate people just because they're girls. I really like Leela, but that's no reason to vote for her. I'm not convinced she would make a good GM, so I'm not voting for her at all.
Maybe he like leela so he nominate her :lol:
Sincerely,
Vesta
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: Leela

Post by yourmistakes »

she's a member of my party and a good friend so i have to vote yes on this one.
katil
Peon
Peon

Post by katil »

Lol Leela GM great,take guess how it would be Leela GM

i Think Good GM
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

:shock:
I was just very very surprised to see my name in here!!!
:shock:

I am not going to speak for or against myself.
Let's see where this poll leads us :wink:

Reasons for both "yes" and "no" are welcome.
e.g. as enchi said he voted "no" i'd be interested why.

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I didn't vote 'no'; I didn't vote at all. I don't vote for people just because I like them.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

+ve => active in game, relatively open minded

-ve => sometimes behaves SILLY
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

@Reid: no reason to argue with those who already rated. But thanks, anyway :)

EDIT: this was an answer to a post that is now gone.
Last edited by Leela on 17 May 2010, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
iamWayne
Novice
Novice

Post by iamWayne »

poison_ivy wrote:
Plenty. If she only sat in town she'd make a terrible GM - the reason you only see GMs in town is because when they're not there they're off bot-hunting.

I wouldn't support this idea about her being in town only will offend the possibility of making her a GM or because of her being a girl. The qualifications of being a GM wasnt based on such like gender discrimination .

A player has the right whether male or female to be a GM. The qualities and preferences of a player is what esteem such possibilities for the office of a GM.

Lets not make our decisions on such shallow ground but fair qualities that stands tall, Fairness and Justice, equal rights.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

wayne: actually i don't think every player has a right to be gm - the server would be a gm server if that would be the case. But I think everyone can be nominated.
As far as i know, it isn't even said that someone who gets the 75% (min 60 votes) for yes, will become gm. Only the chance to get chosen as such gets higher like that.

or am i wrong at whoever knows that better then me?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

[quote=Wayne]I wouldn't support this idea about her being in town only will offend the possibility of making her a GM or because of her being a girl. The qualifications of being a GM wasnt based on such like gender discrimination .

A player has the right whether male or female to be a GM. The qualities and preferences of a player is what esteem such possibilities for the office of a GM.

Lets not make our decisions on such shallow ground but fair qualities that stands tall, Fairness and Justice, equal rights.[/quote]

What? I said 'don't people just because they're girls', not 'don't nominate people if they're girls'.
slicer07
Peon
Peon

Post by slicer07 »

:D I Vote for Leela because she is awsome and very helpFul..Fun All around person to have watchin the folks
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Leela wrote:As far as i know, it isn't even said that someone who gets the 75% (min 60 votes) for yes, will become gm. Only the chance to get chosen as such gets higher like that.

or am i wrong at whoever knows that better then me?
Yes, the GHP reserves the right to veto the decision of the community.

9. If a person collects the required votes, a supplied evidence will be analyzed by the other GMs and developers.
10. However, final decision is still our.

The reason for this is that we don't want to force ourself to make someone a GM we can't work together with.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.