[PASS] Alons for gm

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you wish Alons to become the next GM?

Yes.
98%
No.
2%

Total votes: 61
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Alons for gm

Post by Alons »

Before saying anything, thanks everyone who voted and specially those who replied, I encourage everyone to post here the reasons for both 'yes' and 'no' votes.

I want to post here the replies to Crush questionary on player talk.

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

- In my opinion, the best way to help a new player is trying to find a ballance between leaving them alone and do all for them. As I see it, leaving them might make them leave playing, and giving them too much may encourage them to beg along the whole server. Finding a ballance between those two bad behaviours towards a new player may catch their attention thanks to the attention received as well as they can realise the real value of the items when they have to earn them.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

- One of the forum rules is no begging. If I started to give items to people, this rule would be uncontrolable. So no one should get anything from a GM command.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about this behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them.

- 1. botting, 2. spamming/insults, 3. not speaking english on public 4. advertisement
About the scam thing, as a GM I could do nothing because it is not punished or forbidden by the current server rules.

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

- Well, he/she is insulting another player, so the reaction on my part should be the same as if I was a normal player (so he/she is insulting another player). I would warn him/her, and if he/she persists I would have to ban him/her.

Thanks everyone again.

Regards,

Alons.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
Isah

Post by Isah »

of course I voted Yes. Alons is very friendly and respectful... One of the best choices for GM.
Last edited by Isah on 19 May 2010, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

People who vote no, should state why. As described in this section guidelines it is not recommended to vote no just because you don't know a person in question.

Regards.
Syzlack
Novice
Novice

Post by Syzlack »

Off course I vote YES :mrgreen: I don't know you but seem people like you so I vote YES

Regards
yaypunkrock
Peon
Peon

Post by yaypunkrock »

He's one of the nicest people in TMW. Always willing to help, he has my vote.

I'm not surprised that no-one has had a single bad thing to say about him, and would urge all those who voted no to reconsider.

Regards,

Jero
kai_62656
Novice
Novice
Location: Either somewhere in a place called "Earth" or in TMW

Post by kai_62656 »

I voted YES.
People SHOULD say why they choose no.
kai_62656, level 92

Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

My vote is for yes. I have met Alons on several occasions and I have always found him to be a good player. His interactions with other players is well done also.

He is a player I would be happy to see join the GM team if the rest of the GHP agrees and he passes the election.

Good luck Alons :)
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

Yes votes almost done men, and why all coments are positives if 30 accounts voted NO for you? people who said NO, please, say WHY. This is being one of fatest polls ever seen getting the number of votes, some reason must be :-)
Congrats Alons, not for the poll, for the big amount of people for you ;)
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Looks for me like someone just waited untill the needed percent and amount of voices was there and then put in a few "no"s by using different accounts.

Sorry it doesn't seem fair to me, to no make him a GM.
There are no negative comments about him in three pages and he had the needed votes.
Something is wrong in the voting system if this is not taken into account.

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

You should forget the needed % and see votes + comments cause you can't see any bad coment in 3 pages as Leela well say. It's like poeple who do not know him or don't like name is just voting no.. not fair, almost 80 yes votes
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Voting rules should be changed, no ?

Why that many of no votes ? out of jealous only ?
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Platyna, as I know you have access because of you're Borg Queen. Can you make out who theese 23 people voted "no" and ask them, why they made it?

Regards
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

i think the only thing she could maybe look up is, if the votes are all from different ips... but that would be already pretty helpful
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
JatLee
Novice
Novice

Post by JatLee »

Go Alons GO :D :D :D
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Leela wrote:i think the only thing she could maybe look up is, if the votes are all from different ips... but that would be already pretty helpful
XD Good idea..! :!: :wink:

Refards.