Why is it?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: Why is it?

Post by yourmistakes »

well, if i'm one of the people this is directed at: basically, i missed trolling. there. i said it. i'm a huge f***ing troll: so here, have a drink:
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Lord of the Flies wrote: If you think this is going to gracefully let you bow out with some dignity you are mistaken.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 25&t=10629
You mean you are Mistakes.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

mistakes you are out of cigarette/drink :lol:

btw, it doesnt matter much who wants to keep on fighting & who doesnt. Up to him/her.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

i thought something like this would be coming.

Ok, so, i am one of the people who first let the poll run, then closed it.
And I can only speak for myself (and i explained it to several people ingame, before):
1. The RPG-Reason:
This game gets very very VERY boring once a higher level is reached and once you did all the quests with many characters. So you need something to make it interesting and fun again. I normally like hosting events every now and then. And that someone opened a poll for me was my chance to make it fun for me once more. I started a campaign! Noone who seriously wishes to become GM would do that, because it makes a bad impression. But I did. It was funny to read the whisperes my tow advertising characters got, it was funny how people reacted when I kept posting my campaign slogan ingame over and over again. It was funny to host advertising events and telling everyone what cool/stupid things i would do. I literally said things like: "I am going to pick people who wear purple, I will ban everyone who sits on green areas, etc" I did not stop trolling or anything. I played my campaign as long as I had ideas for it. When i ran out of ideas for the campaign I stopped the poll.
2. The Experience-Reason:
I have experience in administration and moderating. I did it long enough to know how to deal with trolls and people who break rules. But I am tired of being called because "he said gross to me!" "he advertised that page". I am tired of checking links, enforcing rules and observing people who have to be observed (yes sometimes that happens). I am tired of having to shut up whatever is going on inside a team. I am tired of everyone thinking I am their friend just because I have higher userlevel (in this case GM).
3. The I-don't-wanna-change-Reason:
I play a role here, like everyone else. And I don't want to change it. I want to express my bad moods as well as my good moods. When I feel like an idiot I want to behave silly, when I feel like refusing help or refusing answering, I want to do so. And when I feel like helping and talking much I want to do so.
4. The Team-Reason:
The TMW-Team has problems. After over a year playing this and reading in the forum and talking to many older players and devs and gms (mentioning no names) I decided that i do not want to be in such a team. A team should work different in my opinion. For example devs and GMs should work together. For example a head of GMs should be ingame often enough to know what GMs have to put up with. For example personal or team intern stuff should stay intern and not slip through to the community. And those are only the most obvious things.

As I said, I can only speak for myself. I never wanted to be GM in the first place. Everyone who knows me ingame (by that i mean someone who had conversations with me more then once and more then 1 minute at a time) , knows that very well.
I don't know what reasons others have.
* Maybe some get scared that they would not get all the points.
* Maybe some people simply didn't think of the job as being more then only getting a red cap and came to realize that.
* Maybe some found out they don't have the time.
* Maybe some get pissed from the trolling that starts in many polls.
etc etc etc

It doesn't mean "i am a pussy" in all cases.

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

I have only truly quit once in my life. I will not do it again.

Secondly.

The group holding power would rather format the servers hard drives, burn the hardware, crush it into a small ball, and toss it into the deepest part of the ocean, rather then give me any power what so ever, why quit then they will say no anyway.

I can guarantee that they have a thread on one of the hidden forums about me, about how I have too much power now because some of the gm's happen to be my friends. Once removed from power is enough for them.

Lastly, change does not happen, unless you are willing to commit to it, zero people around here are willing to commit. You are willing to suck it up, face the facts, and deal with the consequences of your actions.

I will never be gm, which is fine, I never want to have to shut and go with the herd, I need to be able to speak up and out for the community. And being under the thumb of someone, that can not happen.

The gm's that are my friends know one thing, if they screw up, I will call them out. I only wanted them to be gm, so the rules would be enforced evenly. A equal playing field for all. We have that. I wanted the poll to prove that the powers that rule this server, are singly the most closed minded, power hungry, backstabbing people that has ever decided to work together, and I work in Hollywood. They will remove what ever they view has a threat. They are not working on a community project, but a closed source, closed mouth, closed minded, good old boys club, in which it is their way or no way.

Bottom line, everyone should try to improve this server has much as he/she can. For me, it is complaining, seeing wrong and screaming it is wrong. Standing up for those that can not speak, because they can not find the words to speak. And a gm-ship will not allow me to do that, but it will show the community what the group holding power really think of them.

If you missed the memo, they think that you are just above pond scum and if you really suck up, you can be a lap dog.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

MrWho wrote:The time you decided to grow a brain? :lol:
No, I put a loaded gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger. Lucky for me the gun misfired.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

MrWho wrote: Guns are dangerous, why on earth would you put that in your mouth?
I was very young, very scared, and I found how mean the real bastards in this world can be. I decided I wanted to die. So I loaded the gun, and pulled the trigger. I tried twice, but the gun was destoried. Then I tried to take a handful of painkillers, did not work either.