XJ_RAY for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for XJ_RAY to be the next GM?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 67
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Re: XJ_RAY for GM

Post by Leela »

Ok I thought about this vote a bit longer.
XJ_RAY is a very good ingame friend for me and alone for that I would like to cast a yes BUT as I said there are few things and maybe Ray can help clarify those, because those things are the things that would make me vote "no".

Just a short time ago, may it be two or three weeks you told people you will quit this game and you started giving things away. You really showed that you don't care about your things anymore which is a very strong indicator that showed that you are serious.
So how can I know that you are not only staying in this game because a gm poll got opened for you. How can I know that you stay for the game itself, for the people, etc?

Second thing, you told me you would enforce the rules the same way on everyone, no favourites. You made very clear that you would even kick a friend because you make no difference.
If I think a bit farther (correctly spelled?) it sounds hard for me. It sounds like you'd just be coming ingame with a thought like "i am here to do my gm job". Which I would not only find sad but also a little scary.

cu ingame
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
xj_ray
Peon
Peon

Post by xj_ray »

Ok, DarkWater was obviously trying to influence players judgment and their votes with her ridiculous post, which she has clearly accomplished. A pat on the back for you my dear.
Let me clear up a few things for you, firstly you bring into question the player that nominated me (Davius). As you so rightly know Davius is a new player and new players make big mistakes, one I'm sure he regrets. I didn't even know Davius at the time of his ban and quite frankly what another player does has nothing to do with the way I run my own char. The poll isn't about the nominator but the nominee so for this reason it should be my character you need to judge.
You mention that I have some problems with my character in which I intentionally like to exploit the system. These accusations are based entirely on the fact that I have around 500 Bent Needles in my storage. I also have over 4,000 Silk Cocoons but I didn't know collecting items was an attempt to exploit the system or against the rules. Are you aware there is a char called Tradebot? If so wished you can purchase items by there hundreds and if your really quick you can grab a bargain. I've just noticed that at the time of my post Tradebot has 398 Bent Needles for only 3k each.
You also brought up the subject of my capital. I thought the idea of the game was to improve your character in all ways possible? Unfortunately money is something that all players need if they wish to better their weapons/armor, preform quests and if lucky maybe treat themselves to a rare item. Again the amount of capital I have acquired over the period of playing TMW has nothing at all to do with my character unless it was acquired illegally. For DarkWaters information I am not a player that likes to spend hours sitting in Hurnscald town listening to idle chit chat. Any player can raise 500k a day if they are willing to get involved in the actual game. Kill monsters, collector their drops and sell items, which is why I have money.
Just maybe you should have tried to speak to me first before going ahead with your post.
Well I do hope this has put the record straight, so to speak. Sorry I can't hang around here all day, got to exploit the system. I do hope TB still has those Needle LOL.

Thanks to those of you that didn't judge me on another players stupidity.

XJ-Ray :D
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Ok, so be it. I vote no. If you can not take a little criticism with out calling people stupid, you would never be able to handle being a gm.

I said I did not vote and was waiting for your response, instead of taking the adult way out and replying in a respectful manner, you took your natural way out. A gm can not name calls and accuse because someone disagrees with him/her. They just can not do it.

We have seen your true character here. It is nice to know we got it out in public before we did something we would regret.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
xj_ray
Peon
Peon

Post by xj_ray »

Thank you DarkWater, this is just the type of response I expected from you. In no way was I rude in my reply to your post, I simply pointed out how untrue your original post was. Before making any accusations about another player you should always get your facts right first. I believe the way I handled your accusations was truly on a professional level.
Many players didn't really want me to respond to your post but I have the right to stand up for myself when another player is making false accusations. I believe the only thing I have shown in my last post was that I am someone that will not tolerate slander.
I will not be responding to any more of your remarks, you made a big mistake and these kind of posts are not just childish but unprofessional.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

lol i so had to laugh right now.
What is this?
xj_ray just made clear that basing a vote on something that has nothing to do with the player the vote is about, is not exactly smart. he also explained his way of playing and by that made clear how he gathered his gp and items. that is unprofessional?

i voted yes by now - exactly because of the reaction he showed here. Dealing with trolls in a professional way is a good thing.
Wish you the best, mate.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Last edited by iceslice on 29 Aug 2010, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

xj_ray wrote: Thanks to those of you that didn't judge me on another players stupidity.

XJ-Ray :D [/b]
You called her stupid, not a good move. Vote is no. The only thing you did in your post was attack, when you should have defended. Not smart.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

thedarkfinder wrote:
xj_ray wrote: Thanks to those of you that didn't judge me on another players stupidity.

You called her stupid, not a good move. Vote is no. The only thing you did in your post was attack, when you should have defended. Not smart.
XJ =>
2.3gif.gif
2.3gif.gif (22.51 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
:(
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

thedarkfinder wrote:

XJ_RAY probably have meant Davius & not DarkWater :)
Guys, DarkWater is an experienced player here in tmw. I think she knows what she's doing. I wouldnt interfere her unless i see serious reason to tackle her.
Last edited by iceslice on 27 Aug 2010, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

I voted no, (at least you get a comment from a no vote)
dont hate on my choice.

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

thedarkfinder wrote:The only thing you did in your post was attack, when you should have defended. Not smart.
where was it an attack and why should he defend? There was nothing to defend. DarkWater was talking about stuff that does not count here and XJ_RAY answered it.
Look Davius just started the poll, the topic is not about Davius, it is about XJ_RAY
XJ_RAY has GP and items - big deal? everyone has gp and items. some more some less. I have like 1,5 million gp and several rares. Wanna discuss here too?
He played for what he had but even that, is not a matter of this discussion!

A matter of this thread is:
Will he be fair?
How will he judge?
When will he be online?
Is his English good enough? (well he is native speaker)
Does he have any experience in GMing/Moderating/being Admin?
Why would he like to be GM? And: Would he like that at all?

@Admin: Please check for sockpuppeting in the votes. I have the feeling there could be some sockpuppeting going on (even with the new minimum of posting to vote)
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Leela wrote:
thedarkfinder wrote:The only thing you did in your post was attack, when you should have defended. Not smart.
where was it an attack and why should he defend? There was nothing to defend. DarkWater was talking about stuff that does not count here and XJ_RAY answered it.
Look Davius just started the poll, the topic is not about Davius, it is about XJ_RAY
XJ_RAY has GP and items - big deal? everyone has gp and items. some more some less. I have like 1,5 million gp and several rares. Wanna discuss here too?
He played for what he had but even that, is not a matter of this discussion!

A matter of this thread is:
Will he be fair?
How will he judge?
When will he be online?
Is his English good enough? (well he is native speaker)
Does he have any experience in GMing/Moderating/being Admin?
Why would he like to be GM? And: Would he like that at all?

@Admin: Please check for sockpuppeting in the votes. I have the feeling there could be some sockpuppeting going on (even with the new minimum of posting to vote)

No Leela you are wrong, dark water&co surely said at her manafriend to vote no for him... that do me vomit :)
Leave her alone Leelala and continue to help XJ to be a GM without take care of her.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
xj_ray
Peon
Peon

Post by xj_ray »

Hello people it's me again.
Didn't really want to add any more to this subject but I feel I must clear something up.
thedarkfinder mentioned that I called Darkwater stupid so he gave me a no vote. Please read my posts carefully before casting your votes. At the end of my sentence I simply mentioned that I didn't want to be judged on someones stupidity. Sorry if I didn't make it clear but this was in reference to Davius, at the moment I am being judged because of his error.
I would also like to point out that players should be able to make up their own mines how they want to vote and not be influenced by another player.

See you all ingame.

XJ :D
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i vote for axalix!
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Firstly - I really don't think who nominated him should be considered at all. It's a matter of who was the first to do so, and that can be someone "undesirable" for anyone. If some annoying spammer had nominated Tiana, does this mean she would have been voted against based on that? I hope not.

Second - comments like this are supremely irritating (no offense iceslice! :P). "Guys, DarkWater is an experienced player here in tmw. I think she knows what she's doing. I wouldnt interfere her unless i see serious reason to tackle her."

Understand, I mean no offense to DW or anybody at all in saying this. But come on - I don't care who somebody is, what level they are, or how respected they are/think they might be... But if you'll avoid doing something you'd normally do, because of who someone is... in a GAME... that is pretty damn silly to me. So, walk on eggshells around certain people all you wish, but come on - I don't care if you're Bill Gates in real life, if you're a jerk I'll tell you so.

Random Note: Regarding the whole Bent Needles thing, and exploiting the system... I myself bought 100 off TradeBot, and suspect I know who got them all and put them up lol. It wasn't XJ_RAY. Chances are most of the game's Needles came from the same person, as he camped the haystack for... well, the entire time the quest was out. Either way... If a quest allows some exploit, why should somebody not be considered for GM because of it? I bet at least one GM used the exploit where you could do the Easter quest at level 1 to get more rabbit ears.

It's just kind of saddening that picking a GM comes down to "do I like him/her or not?" I don't think we need to adore said person, and we're picking a rule enforcer, not a new friend. So, feel free to base your vote on whether you and your friends like this candidate, but know that this is exactly what is wrong with the voting system in general. (Again, not directing this to anyone particular, more in general.)
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself