A few questions about a mage stats...

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

A few questions about a mage stats...

Post by Dyna »

I've been around for a while...but I mostly was here pre-magic...so I am asking the people who have used magic and what you think are the better stats to use? The character has all two levels of magic so I already have that part done...now I am just tweaking and getting tired of spending so much gold.

I know its best to have a 99 int...but what to do with the rest of the points? I would guess vit next...but after that? Do you need dex or agi or luck? What good is each stat to a mage particularly?

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Re: A few questions about a mage stats...

Post by Cotillion »

Dyna wrote:I've been around for a while...but I mostly was here pre-magic...so I am asking the people who have used magic and what you think are the better stats to use? The character has all two levels of magic so I already have that part done...now I am just tweaking and getting tired of spending so much gold.

I know its best to have a 99 int...but what to do with the rest of the points? I would guess vit next...but after that? Do you need dex or agi or luck? What good is each stat to a mage particularly?

Dy
HowD D.

95 Int is plenty, if you need to save the points.
90 + vit will come in handy for your lack of armor and useful for healing
you might want 5-15 str, depending on what you want to carry around. I personally don't mind hitting up storrage, so i leave str at 1. choose your preference.
The rest in Luck for the typical reasons.
no need for any other stats if you are going pure mage. various stats can change if you want to arch-mage, but pure mage is my preference.

Hope all else is well with you.

-Cotillion
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Not sure what I am trying to build...

Is it worth loosing the ability to wear the armor to be able to cast as an archer/mage? Would think having a healing spell would be handy...whats the minimum int needed to wear the basic armor (warlord, the chaps, leather gloves and fur boots) and still be able to cast?

Pure mage build is easy it seems...had a few people whisper me in game about it...

And yes all is well Cot...hope you are too...will see you in game sometime :wink:

Dy
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

here are a couple of builds i like
pure mage:
95 int
66 luck
75 vit,
rest in agi, or some in str

speedmage:
95 int,
99 agi,
rest in vit

there are several ways to do archmage, depending on the circumstance
archmage:
90 int
90 dex
rest in agi
OR
85 int
80 dex
distribute rest between agi and vit
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

For one build for the arch/mage you suggest agi and not vit...for the other between the two...why?

I am forever curious so excuse my questions :)

Dy
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

one is for fast attacking and generally owning everything in sight. it works well if you are working with another mage, so you can get heals. the other is for fighting alone, or in a setting where you need to heal faster.