WildX for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Wildx for GM?

Yes!
50%
No!
50%

Total votes: 84
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

WildX for GM

Post by Reid »

I think that WildX would be a good GM because on the time i was here, he always made me enjoy this game more than the other players.
I think he could make to enjoy the game more for the other people too, and i'm sure he would do well the GM job.

Good luck, WildX.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Isah

Re: WildX for GM

Post by Isah »

I voted yes for Wild.
I think that He could be a good GM because He's a good person that cares about the game's issues, he's also respectfull and more than that he likes to see everyone "happy" ahaha.

Good luck Wild.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Thank you Isah and thank you Reid for nominating me :D
Now something about me:
A good thing is that I'm online so much and I know the game very well.
Here Crush's test:
Crush wrote:To show the community your attitude towards this whole GM thing I would like to ask those who think that they would make good game masters to answer a few questions. I think that this will help the players to judge you more objectively during the current GM voting.

This is NOT an official request from the GHP. You don't have to fill this out to become a game master. Not posting your answers in this thread will not affect your chance to be chosen by the GHP as a game master.

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?
2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-advertisement for other servers
-botting
-insults
-not speaking english in public
-scamming
-spamming

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?
1. The best way is to explain them how to get monser points, emotes and trade skills, how to do the first quests and giving them the link to the wiki if they need more info about the game and the rules.
2 .I think that is an abuse of power, won't be gm for this ability :p
3. a. First of all is botting
b. Insults
c. spamming
d. not speaking engish in public
e. advertisement for other servers
f. scamming, last one because a gm cannot do anything about scamming.
4. If a player disagrees with my decisions I will discuss about that and if he starts to insult me I will give him 3 warnings and only after he will get a ban for insulting another player.

For those who vote no: Can you tell me why? Here or via PM/whisper in game. Because I want to know your opinions and discuss it if you want.
For those who votes yes: Thank you very much guys :)

TMW Team member

JatLee
Novice
Novice

Post by JatLee »

Hello.

My vote is Yes.WildX would be a great GM and like WildX said We need an italian GM.
Good luck WildX. :D

Regards Jat Lee.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

mmh... 8 no votes from strangers :?
Just a thing:
18. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
:mrgreen:

TMW Team member

kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I'm sure people who voted no simply voted no, not cause they do not know you, that (18) rule is quite annoying.
voted no
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
Blackman
Newly Registered User

Post by Blackman »

I vote No because he don't vote for me ...
Last edited by Blackman on 09 Nov 2010, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

No doubt from me : YES !!!
ImageImage
JatLee
Novice
Novice

Post by JatLee »

Hello.

GO GO WildX be the next GM of TheManaWorld.As i said good luck and hope to see you as a GM :) .

Regards.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

[Yes] because recommendation of dev is enough for me. I don't play :)
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

i wrote:[Yes] because recommendation of dev is enough for me. I don't play :)
I feel that as "dev's" we should stay out of community concerns, but that's just my opinion.
Iru you should at least check in a play a little from time to time. eA server is still a fun little game.
The player community like to see the dev's in game from time to time.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Eragon
Peon
Peon

Post by Eragon »

Voted YES.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

hey, thank you all! I thought that this poll was dead :shock:
I'm happy to see that someone still vote for me :) good luck wildx! :lol:

TMW Team member

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

MerlinX420 wrote:Iru you should at least check in a play a little from time to time. eA server is still a fun little game.
The player community like to see the dev's in game from time to time.
Well, I would rather spent some time with my son, than playing in tmw. I'm with this game since 2005 not because I need to play, I just need sometimes relax by drawing those litte pixies :P
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

I don't blame you. I guess you spend that very little free time you get working on your tiles and other grx.
It's not like this project is going to up and disappear anyways.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?