have we helped the mage enough?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

have we helped the mage enough?

Post by prsm »

first there came the mage, but did we help them enough?
we gave them level 2 magic, with the lightning, that kills all, but did we help them enough?
than we gave them the ability to get extra ore from the yellow slimes, but did we help enough?
than we gave them the new armor, that allowed them to cast the lightning and still be protected, but did we help them enough?
than came the new crown, that gave them +20 in magic, but did we help them enough?
than we gave them the new map, so they could bully the warrior, but did we help them enough?
Than we made the armor harder to get for the warriors, so the mages can lightning us more, but did we help them enough?

Please, the next update ..... lets make it for the mages, they get so little!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: have we helped the mage enough?

Post by Big Crunch »

Excellent usage of sarcasm. A+
sexy red bearded GM
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Yeah, let us support our dark magicians and i have a well idea for next coming update... Image

Lets give experience for killing humans and Pinkies, such a honorable fight to lighten everyone should get a big reward, i would propose 10k experience should be minimum and if you get killed by 2 dark mages, gained experience should be doubled. It is really complicated to be killed by 2 two dark mages, because most players die after 2 lightning hits, so it would be only fair to double experience...

Last edited by Ginaria on 20 Sep 2010, 08:05, edited 2 times in total.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

prsm wrote:first there came the mage, but did we help them enough?
we gave them level 2 magic, with the lightning, that kills all, but did we help them enough?
than we gave them the ability to get extra ore from the yellow slimes, but did we help enough?
than we gave them the new armor, that allowed them to cast the lightning and still be protected, but did we help them enough?
than came the new crown, that gave them +20 in magic, but did we help them enough?
than we gave them the new map, so they could bully the warrior, but did we help them enough?
Than we made the armor harder to get for the warriors, so the mages can lightning us more, but did we help them enough?

Please, the next update ..... lets make it for the mages, they get so little!
You forgot an important step... let it me complete Image

...than we gave them the ability to conjure lightnings under earth at caves Image, but did we help them enough?

And now i feel the panic... ImageImageImage
Last edited by Ginaria on 20 Sep 2010, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

prsm wrote: than we gave them the ability to get extra ore from the yellow slimes, but did we help enough?
did not know.
How to get extra ore?
chipchip?
---
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

argul wrote:
prsm wrote: than we gave them the ability to get extra ore from the yellow slimes, but did we help enough?
did not know.
How to get extra ore?
chipchip?
I really hoped for such a comment, let me guess, you are a mage... Image

But i like to answer you in terms of our magicial politics... Prsm means, that the droprate of iron ore raised up... Image

I think dark magicians infiltrated development and government... Image
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i would think some thing as harmful as lightning would hurt to cast almost as much as the target would hurt... unless the mages get rubber gloves :shock: ....

---------------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Come on now, let's be a little fair now lol.

Mages have lightning, which does damage regardless of defense - because otherwise, nothing would hurt all the stacked tanks of tmw. It could afford to be a bit lower in pvp, but still.

To survive a pvp setting, mages need to use the betsanc (physical protect) spell - meaning they need a good base vitality for it to have much benefit. This takes away from other stats a mage could use. Similarly, a warrior can use/have someone cast the asorm (magic protect) spell - but they need a good base Intelligence for any real benefit.

@the ore thing - Yeah, seems fair since, you know, a warrior can do roughly half the damage of lightning in one hit, only they don't sacrifice wearing good armor, and it doesn't cost them items, money, or time farming ores to use their attacks.

@the new armor - It also has a -70 magic attack stat on it now, meaning we're literally sacrificing attack power for defense... I bet people would be pissed if some new warrior armor had a strength penalty...Really, that was a gift to the archers..

How is that armor harder to get for warriors by the way? Maybe the pvp element is what you mean, but do you know against terranites magic does half the damage or so? Technically, it's much easier for a warrior or archer to get this armor than a mage.

You know I'm not trying to be a jerk prsm, lol, but let's be really fair - do you think mages are going to make a complaining topic whenever they add some new warrior geared stuff? No, and not because we/they already have so much, cause I think with the costs and sacrifices involved it's mostly fair that mages can kick ass... But no matter what, anytime they add anything to do with magic a few players will start complaining that it's unfair. Personally, I'm happy when they add any kind of update - it's nice to see any 'class' get new things, and try it out later when I'm bored of whatever stats I'm using.

Sorry, I just don't like the whole warrior vs mage hate relationship that goes on, so I figured someone ought to reply to this who will not be mean about it. You have a point, and the game really does need more warrior stuff/equipment, but seems to me you'd be better aimed complaining about the devs or the direction they're working in, than blaming mages for every item we're able to get :P.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

warriors are punks . . . and armor is for morons
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Sorry, I just don't like the whole warrior vs mage hate relationship that goes on, so I figured someone ought to reply to this who will not be mean about it.
Perhaps if some mages, and I won't post names, stopped pvping unsuspecting warriors just for the sheer thrill of it, that relationship would not exist (and yes some fools deserve it, not talking about them)!

also the point of my sarcastic post was to bring some light to the development team, since they are inevitable the ones that do the releases.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

As a mage who *normally* doesn't go around random pvp-ing people, I've had enough warriors just walk up and start hacking away at me. Whenever someone I don't know well comes too close, I get ready just in case. Point being it's not just mages, people are just more mad because mages can do it fast.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P

<o11c> chatroulette

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

you make a valid point! although i have yet to see someone pick on a mage. \

btw, whats pwnage?
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

ahahaha! pwnage is like, winning x 10, based on situation heh. Like, my screeny on my pure pwnage topic is pwnage, because like 4-5 people came stacking to try and kill me and solanum, only to all die terribly. xD

<o11c> chatroulette

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

prsm wrote:you make a valid point! although i have yet to see someone pick on a mage. \

btw, whats pwnage?
LOL :mrgreen: owning people at killing games. killing them more and more watching them get pissed off. pretty much owning their soul to the point they break their keyboard. and lighting their pc on fire.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
anunitu
Peon
Peon

Post by anunitu »

Yeh,sounds like fun..Just like the real world...but no one actully gets smoked.

Step outside and do something like this for real..yeh,lots of fun.