Sound FX for magic

All aspects of music, audio and sound effects development for all The Mana World projects.

Merlin
Developer
Developer

Sound FX for magic

Post by Merlin »

After digging thru the magic.conf file in eA, I've yet to find an example of how to add a sound fx to a spell.
I'm going to be digging into this over the weekend and figured I might as well as about it.
Since Davis and I seem to be working on some sound fx it would be nice to find a way to test and implement these.
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: Sound FX for magic

Post by Freeyorp101 »

"audio" parameter of <effect> tag in client effects.xml.

The server sends the client the effect id, just add a sound file to the effect. :wink:

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i can record, generate some effects for magic, if needed. i'm assuming ogg vorbis?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

yourmistakes wrote:i can record, generate some effects for magic, if needed. i'm assuming ogg vorbis?
Yes. We only release ogg.
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Found the effects.xml
Found the line(s) for the lighting fx's.

Code: Select all

<effect id="17" audio="sfx/lighting1.ogg" particle="graphics/particles/lightning1.xml"/>
even had an example of a FX triggering an audio file and particle effect the same way:

Code: Select all

<effect id="0" audio="sfx/system/levelup.ogg" particle="graphics/particles/levelup.particle.xml" />
seems pretty simple. I edited that in. copied the lighting1.ogg to the sfx dir. Tried it but doesn't work.

Is there something else I would have to do to get this to work?

I'll try adding fx for other things and see if it's just this particular spell.
MerlinX420