Verdo For GM [candidate asked for locking the thread]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Verdo for GM?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 80
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Verdo For GM

Post by salmondine »

Verdo has been a consistently polite player with a positive attitude as long as I have known him.
He should make an outstanding GM.
Unless he turns to the dark side and we have to torture him with thumb screws for all eternity...

This is a no brainer....I voted YES!
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Hmmm...so, where are you from, verdo? I just checked again, but you didn't answer yet. ;)
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
verdo
Peon
Peon

Post by verdo »

Hiya,

I am from and live in the United States
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Keep active votes on verdo ;) note hes on just about everyday and he has never done anything wrong. :| infact hes listens to the rules to much for his own good. lol and has been on the game for a long time :)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

No, sorry, he only view of the world is pretty slated.

To make sure this is not about...

Yes, he does consider homosexuality to be a sin, which I am cool with.

BUT

I don't consider this cool.
verdo wrote:I think it was very handy having whane healing and protecting others. If he just healed and protected others and nothing else then i cant see a problem for having him healing, or better yet have a soul menir in the graveyard in the house or something.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/posting. ... 12&p=73501

He supports botting, strike one.
verdo wrote:what i meant by "jackasses" was that ther were some players following me around, stealing my monsters that was was fighting and would keep doing that and then i couldnt tell anyone. Im sorry, i was just mad.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 208#p69208

There is no rule ever, on this server, that forbid people from monster killing. If he is going to get mad over people not breaking the rules, strike two.

His behavoir in the game has not been very gm like, he has a tenancy to get resort to name calling when you really try to talk to him about serous topics. But I am very good at making people resort to name calling.

But, I can be changed, please explain how as a gm, you would enforce the rules when you admit you support botting? How are you going to not let your prejudices get in the way of being gm? You cant do it now, how is this going to change? If you are going to get mad about someone follow you around, how in the hell are you going to keep your cool with you have the power to enforce your own rules?

That is what really makes me vote no. He was made about a player monster stealing and he could not report it to a gm. He wanted a gm to do something about them, which is what delaisa would do for him.

Lastly, you where part of the Olde Archer Fellowship which openly posted very hateful information on the web. As part of this group, you had a "people we hate and need to do something about". The group and website, which has been taken down, made personal threats against alot of people, including some very abusive hate speech. The group encourage your members to single out, abuse, and rip off anyone on that list. Why would you openly take part in this group?

You can change my mind, I, unlike you, can be convinced you changed. But you need to proved proof, you have changed
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

DarkWater wrote:I don't consider this cool.
verdo wrote:I think it was very handy having whane healing and protecting others. If he just healed and protected others and nothing else then i cant see a problem for having him healing, or better yet have a soul menir in the graveyard in the house or something.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/posting. ... 12&p=73501

He supports botting, strike one.
verdo wrote:what i meant by "jackasses" was that ther were some players following me around, stealing my monsters that was was fighting and would keep doing that and then i couldnt tell anyone. Im sorry, i was just mad.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 208#p69208

There is no rule ever, on this server, that forbid people from monster killing. If he is going to get mad over people not breaking the rules, strike two.
I kind of agree with your statements darkwater but those posts were a year to a year and a half old...I'm very sure that he has changed since then.
Last edited by Coolkid 782 on 09 Feb 2011, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Coolkid 782 wrote:I kind of agree with your statements darkwind but those posts were a year to a year and a half old...I'm very sure that he has changed since then.
Dark water not dark wind.

Which is why I am asking him. People do change, people do make mistakes, and god knows I am a poster child for making mistakes.

BUT in his own words:
Verdo wrote:How is it a mistake that BBB got onto other ppls accounts? a mistake is when somebody didnt mean to do what they did. but BBB meant to get on to others accounts and knew that it was wrong and knew the consequences to his actions and therefor should be punished for them. And what about the other ppl that got banned for hacking and other stuff? if BBB gets unbanned there gonna think that its unfair.

BBB u still get to make new chars, so theres ur second chance to start over and be a better person and earning the ppls forgiveness by proving u have changed.
The bold is mine. He wants to be gm, ok. But he has not earned forgiveness as he demands out of other people. Just trying to place the disconnect between the two people.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:He supports botting, strike one.
1st of all botting isnt against the rules, afk botting is.
2nd of all ive witnessed more then 1 Current GM botting so whats the problem?
DarkWater wrote:

His behavoir in the game has not been very gm like, he has a tenancy to get resort to name calling when you really try to talk to him about serous topics. But I am very good at making people resort to name calling..
Never in my year and half in tmw have i heard verdo name calling. Also are you saying people in tmw dont name call? the gms dont name call? nobodys perfect and ive witnessed myself gm's saying innapropriate things.
DarkWater wrote:Lastly, you where part of the Olde Archer Fellowship which openly posted very hateful information on the web. As part of this group, you had a "people we hate and need to do something about". The group and website, which has been taken down, made personal threats against alot of people, including some very abusive hate speech. The group encourage your members to single out, abuse, and rip off anyone on that list. Why would you openly take part in this group?

You can change my mind, I, unlike you, can be convinced you changed. But you need to proved proof, you have changed

A group? i have never even heard of it, even if it was true it was a very long time ago and shouldnt be carried as a weight. abuse? rip people off? if anything he gives money, items and armor to other people who need it and helps them. i have never seen verdo abuse players.

Good luck verdo!
Yubaba
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Chicka-Maria wrote: 1st of all botting isnt against the rules, afk botting is.
2nd of all ive witnessed more then 1 Current GM botting so whats the problem?
If you are at the keyboard, you are not botting. Can't believe I have to say that.
Chicka-Maria wrote:
DarkWater wrote:
Never in my year and half in tmw have i heard verdo name calling.
Which is just the kind of logic I love out you, you quote him actually admitting he called a person a name, and say he never does it. Just priceless.
Chicka-Maria wrote:abuse? rip people off? if anything he gives money, items and armor to other people who need it and helps them. i have never seen verdo abuse players.
Good luck verdo!
I have been abused by him personally, but that has nothing to do with this. He was a part of a group that openly used hate speech. You know, the kind of hate speech that the KKK would use.

Just want him to sort this stuff out.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Cleaned up the thread a bit. Lets try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum, please.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
verdo
Peon
Peon

Post by verdo »

Hello, DarkWater.

1. You can't really judge someone from posts over one year old because they may have changed, unless, there are resent posts of that person still acting the same way.

They were mistakes, and I have learned from them.

2. Please tell me when I have called you or anyone else names (besides that one post you already showed) because I can't remember.

As for the Olde Archer Fellowship, look at 1.

And, how may I prove to you that I have changed since then?
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

verdo wrote:And, how may I prove to you that I have changed since then?
Your post was a good first start.
Kurtz
Peon
Peon

Post by Kurtz »

Anyone who has played (actively) for a while knows that verdo would be a great GM and he has my vote.
Negative comments of Darkwater are one more reason to vote for him. :)
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Kurtz wrote:Anyone who has played (actively) for a while knows that verdo would be a great GM
+1

to be honest im not suprised, if you look at most GM suggestions Darkwater has nothing good to say about anyone.
Yubaba
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

well...

i can only say it is a good thing everyone gives his opinion

i voted yes

imho verdo has always been in the game as an active player part of the comunity playing fair and friendly with everyone.

i need to say some other things:
- personal consideration should be taken off the topic
- verdo's evolution in terms of positionning himself in the game has been going in the right way to have him on the right track of being a gm

so it would be a pleasure to see his name in green when the times comes for him

Sincerly yours tmw comunity
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7