The Reaper [Feedback]

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

The Reaper [Feedback]

Post by Big Crunch »

A new monster was introduced today, The Reaper. This is a thread to give opinions on The Reaper. Remember, this monster is a boss type monster intended for level 90+ groups. Opinions and feedback are welcome.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Re: The Reaper [Feedback]

Post by yourmistakes »

it's hard to give feedback, having never fought an individual reaper. there should definitely be a limit to how many scythes it can spawn, though.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Second on the scythe-cap. At one time I've counted at least 30 or so on the map with only two reapers.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i agree..2-5 is good, 30 is to many...but other then that this is a tough a and fun boss (imo) ...cant wait to see more of my friend from the under-world :twisted: :wink: ..

---------skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
miklos
Peon
Peon

Post by miklos »

archers can't join in "group", reaper/scythe only for warriors and mages, and I think the exp goes all the mages. Who wants to be warrior in this case?
Is a very cool mob, just need balance (my opinion). poor archers :|
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

actually, mages do almost no damage (i was getting 110-140 with 580 magic attack) when attacking the reaper. the scythes give decent xp, but they are about like jacko as far as their attack strength, with less than half the xp.
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

so, mages pull and kill the scythes and warriors / archers? stack at the reaper and avoid his attacks while probably getting healed from the mages also. this is the tactic we need i think, but still, i guess, everyone (even 90+ chars) will die many times before it is killed. - i have 80 vit and 70 luck on lvl 94, still can die after two hits. so maybe it's a bit too strong, even for a boss monster. at least it would be very frustrating for all the ppl to die and walk to the far away enemy all the time.

the exp is very unbalanced since only mages can really kill the scythes. as a warrior on lvl 94, str 70, agi 18, dex 65, and luck 70, i got 9-12k exp from a reaper, not much for all the effort! but mages told me they got up to a million xp at the meantime just from healing and killing scythes.

i guess then, everyone goes mage.
Isah

Post by Isah »

I agree to kinwa, but i think it's even hard to mages pull the scythes since they're too strong. Any misstep mages can die easily, considering the large attack power of the Scythes. My vitality and luck are respectively 85 and 61, and sometimes i die with two hits... Scythes' critical is over 500 and my HP is 980, They attack too fast and i can't even run.

The stack around the reaper with players 90+ which is the ideal to kill it, doesnt work at all, mages will be busy trying to beat the monsters and It'll be hard to heal other players, at the same time archers or warriors wont be able to handle its attacks...It means that We'll need a lot of mages divided by functions (some healing, and others pulling the Scythe)...

It's a boss monster but we're getting dependent of mages in several situations. In my opinion the correct would be a readjustment on these monsters' stats, letting them viable to be killed by mages/archers/warriors.

As kinwa said, the experience isnt corresponding to the effort.

Regards.
kai_62656
Novice
Novice
Location: Either somewhere in a place called "Earth" or in TMW

Post by kai_62656 »

Yeah, I think the scythes are too powerful, reduce their number :roll:
kai_62656, level 92

Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

Discussion over tactics for the Reaper while in town today, Namakemono made the suggestion to give each scythe a lifetime counter. This would eliminate the infinite number of blades while still keeping the challenge of new spawns and not overwhelm the server.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.