[WIP] Snakeskin Armor

All development of pixel art and graphics
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Post by Alige » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 am

After talking with some devs, we are currently in a harsh period of rebalancing. This is why this topic will only continue on the graphics part (please move this topic to Graphic Development). We are not talking anymore of script or of some stats of these items but only of pixel art.

This is why I changed the title of this topic + made this new WIP list:
  • Boots' Icon + Spritesheet (Create the spritesheet)
  • Head's Icon + Spritesheet (Total review needed)
  • Gloves' Icon + Spritesheet (Create the icon + the spritesheet)
  • Pants' Icon + Spritesheet (Create the icon + the spritesheet)
  • Chest's Icon (add sleeves + create a female icon)
  • Male + Female Chest's Spritesheet (Fix + Test)
  • Snake Lord's Spritesheet (Total review needed)
  • Create a Snakeskin item (Quite easy IMHO)
And again, any help is welcome.

Ali-G
Image
User avatar
yubabax116
Novice
Novice
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Post by yubabax116 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 am

Ali-G wrote:Because I am sure I take more time to do pixel art than anybody else here.
Ali-G wrote:Only made the ice cube + mallard's eye skill

EDIT:
I also did a lot of corrections (terranite helmet, potions, etc...)



so you cannot say you spend more time pixeling then anyone else here just by making 2 items.
thank you :wink:


Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Alige » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 am

Oh, I think you misunderstood. All I wanted to say is that I take a lot of time to do little things. I never wanted to say that I spend more time than anyone else on pixel art.
Image
gor
Newly Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: [REQ] Walking-increasing item

Post by gor » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 am

Ali-G wrote:Only made the ice cube
You posted a blue cube with transparency and you called it ice cube, then somebody else made a new version, you took it, you changed few pixels and now you claim it as yours.
Ali-G wrote:mallard's eye skill
Same as before, you took the icon that somebody else did and now you claim it as yours.
Ali-G wrote: EDIT:
I also did a lot of corrections (terranite helmet, potions, etc...)
Same as the two points before, change a pixel from this color to this color is not a correction.

Nobody would work on your project with such behaviour.
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Crush » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 am

Moved to graphics development like Ali-G requested.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
yubabax116
Novice
Novice
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by yubabax116 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 am

Ali-g im pretty sure the only reason why your considered a developer is because you help with the wiki.
nothing to do with pixel art.


Yubaba
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Alige » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

Yubaba: I agree on the fact that I am considered as a dev because of my work wiki. In addition, I did other things to improve TMW.
Last edited by Alige on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 1532
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Wombat » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:27 am

Ali-G is a developer in training and has made patches and bug fixes as well. He was added as a developer because of the wikisysop which is an important part of tracking and organizing our content publicly.
Current character is "Abolish".
User avatar
Nami
Novice
Novice
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Frost's Bedroom Wardrobe

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Nami » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi,
I was thinking, for the Snake skin Helmet, to make it like the Moubootaur head.
So the Snake Head sits on top of the Char's head.
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Alige » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Nami: take a closer look, for me, the snake helmet is sitting on the character's head.

Are these icons better for the helmet and for the male chest?
Snake_head.png
Snake_head.png (3.43 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
armor-chest-snakearmor.png
armor-chest-snakearmor.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
Feel free to improve, redo or comment in a productive way.
Image
Tezer
Peon
Peon
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm
Location: Internet

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Tezer » Mon May 02, 2011 4:12 pm

sounds good.............
Ali-G how come ur not a DEV?
The aim of war is not to die for your country but to let the other guy die for his :P
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Alige » Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 pm

@Tezer: I'll be a DEV when my work will be good enough.
Image
User avatar
yubabax116
Novice
Novice
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by yubabax116 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:55 pm

I noticed one side of the chest armor was softer looking than the other so i edited it to try and make it look even. Feel free to edit it.
Attachments
armor-chest-snakearmor.png
armor-chest-snakearmor.png (3.83 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
armor-chest-snakearmorEDIT.png
armor-chest-snakearmorEDIT.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 1562 times
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮ ❤Quiet And Enj0:00Y The  Music ❤ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User avatar
baseballboy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 pm
Location: USA, Alabama

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by baseballboy » Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Well I'm not pixel artist but I gave it a shot based off of yubabax116's shirt that sleeve was bothering me so I tried my best to make it look somewhat better.

-BBB
Attachments
armor-chest-snakearmorEDIT.png
armor-chest-snakearmorEDIT.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
User avatar
Alige
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: Weed Island

Re: [WIP] Snakeskin Armor

Post by Alige » Tue May 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Indeed I prefer yours. Thank you for posting that. :)
Image
Post Reply