Players to Watch

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Players to Watch

Post by mistergrey »

So, after watching several people get scammed, cheated, and then complain that the GMs can't fix it for them, I decided to make this topic. Here, you list anyone who has done the following to you, or that you've seen doing this type of behaviour on a regular basis:

-Agreeing to trades and then changing the amount of gp they added before you accept.
-Phishing for account info (asking you for your password, username, etc for any reason).

If you can think of any similar behaviors to add, feel free to suggest. I won't add any names here right now, I'll leave that to other players and just put together the list as it goes. So come on, let's help identify who's bad news to trade with :P.
Last edited by mistergrey on 13 Sep 2011, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Re: Players to Watch

Post by Axalix »

I'd like to complain... Dr Axalix always reset my accounts and I lose everything! He did that 7 times already and I always agreed, because of many threats from him D:
Please, make something!
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I think Prsm might be a scammer, i'd watch him
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

i will keep an eye on him than!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

I am Spartacus!
Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

mistergrey wrote:Phishing for account info (asking you for your password, username, etc for any reason).
I can't type a list that long... :lol:

*crosses his fingers to remembering his main's pass*
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Oh goodie an old fashion witch hunt. I can list any player here for any reason and publicly humiliate them. I can make of fake offenses and plaster so poor sobs name to them, so they can feel my wrath. This is a great idea, I will supply the pitchforks!!!!

But on a serous note, you really want to be gm and promote witch hunts? What prove do the victims have to provide? Screen shots, well I can get a screen shot of you humping a dead mooboo, should we get the pitch forks now?

To anyone that really has a problem with someone in the game, report what happen to the gms. They will keep track of that person and he will get caught and taken care of. If you feel it was a grievous crime, report it to the admins, each time it happens. The person will be banned.

The last thing we need from a future gm and the current ones is to publicly call someone out for being "different" and allowing a witch hunt. Only gms can convict in this game. If you have a problem with other player, report it to the gms.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

DarkWater wrote:I can get a screen shot of you humping a dead mooboo.
^
watch for dark water.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

DarkWater wrote:The last thing we need from a future gm and the current ones is to publicly call someone out for being "different" and allowing a witch hunt. Only gms can convict in this game. If you have a problem with other player, report it to the gms.
Perhaps you misunderstood the point of this thread. Witch hunts are not my style, but keeping an eye out certainly is. A player was "scammed" in town for something, and got very upset that the GMs could do nothing about it, as he accepted the trade and did not notice the amount of gp change. I told him that it sucked, it happens, and all we can really do as players is keep an eye out for each other and make it known if someone makes a habit of doing such things. It was because of this that I made the topic.

Also, I don't see how being a possible "future GM" really comes into this - if anything, this topic was not meant for name calling and grudge retaliation, but to give people an idea who they should probably be watchful of if they trade with them. If this topic actually was used properly for this purpose, it could only lessen the amount of "scammed" players, and maybe even take some public complaining off the GMs' backs. If this thread becomes a joke, it will die of neglect, if it becomes a flamewar, it will probably be locked. Use it as you will.

PS - I don't think listing someone who often trade scams people is targeting someone for being different - there's a large difference between different, and inconsiderate.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P

<o11c> chatroulette

yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

DarkWater wrote:Oh goodie an old fashion witch hunt. I can list any player here for any reason and publicly humiliate them. I can make of fake offenses and plaster so poor sobs name to them, so they can feel my wrath. This is a great idea, I will supply the pitchforks!!!!

But on a serous note, you really want to be gm and promote witch hunts? What prove do the victims have to provide? Screen shots, well I can get a screen shot of you humping a dead mooboo, should we get the pitch forks now?

To anyone that really has a problem with someone in the game, report what happen to the gms. They will keep track of that person and he will get caught and taken care of. If you feel it was a grievous crime, report it to the admins, each time it happens. The person will be banned.

The last thing we need from a future gm and the current ones is to publicly call someone out for being "different" and allowing a witch hunt. Only gms can convict in this game. If you have a problem with other player, report it to the gms.
3/10 would not quote again
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Mistakes wrote:3/10 would not quote again

DarkWater wrote:This is a great idea, I will supply the pitchforks!!!!

:twisted:
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
tmwTroLL007
Novice
Novice

Post by tmwTroLL007 »

amos would like the which hunt i know he wont mind being the hunted
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

mistergrey wrote:So, after watching several people get scammed, cheated, and then complain that the GMs can't fix it for them, I decided to make this topic. Here, you list anyone who has done the following to you, or that you've seen doing this type of behaviour on a regular basis:

-Agreeing to trades and then changing the amount of gp they added before you accept.
-Phishing for account info (asking you for your password, username, etc for any reason).

If you can think of any similar behaviors to add, feel free to suggest. I won't add any names here right now, I'll leave that to other players and just put together the list as it goes. So come on, let's help identify who's bad news to trade with :P.
DarkWater wrote:To anyone that really has a problem with someone in the game, report what happen to the gms. They will keep track of that person and he will get caught and taken care of. If you feel it was a grievous crime, report it to the admins, each time it happens. The person will be banned.
I agree with Dark Water on that point, more, there is a Forum for that :
it is Called: Court House (Abuse Forum)http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewforum.php?f=20
I dont see the utility to have an extra thread for it.

Now the problem of scammers who do not exploit the lacks of the interface is different as they are allowed in game. Should we report them here? I wonder; they are usually reported in the in the previously mentioned forum. :/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Nard, the courthouse is generally for specific cases, and only the ones that are officially against the rules. You can disagree, but the idea here was more that, if someone is prone to scam you, and has done so many times, you add their character name so people can see who to avoid trades with in game. This is not to get anybody in trouble, or to name people you dislike, but to say when someone screws you over, and the rules won't get them in trouble for it. In any case, I only made it because a lot of complaining was going on in town, and GMs were getting harassed for it when they could do nothing. I made this after stating in town that I would, with GMs present at the time. Nobody disagreed, and in fact DarkWater was about the only person to find an issue with this, before making it out that I'm unsuitable to be a GM for making this topic. If someone has a problem with this, that's fine, complain and get it closed. I just tried to help the community have a way to avoid getting ripped off.

<o11c> chatroulette

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Heinz Guro, Polak &co... I would say more names but i dont play this game anymore. I cant remember the scammer names.. If someone have balls feel free to say names! It is just a protektion 4 players who want 2 play fair! (sorry 4 my bad english, i hate to use it but sometimes i have 2 xD )
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.