[DIS] GM and DEV robes?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Should DEVs have a special robe like GMs? Do you prefer this new GM robe?

Yes and Yes
33%
Yes and No
3%
No and Yes
3%
No and No
62%

Total votes: 39
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[DIS] GM and DEV robes?

Post by Alige »

Here is a new version of the GM robe and a version of a possible DEV robe. I think it would be faire to have a robe for both GMs and DEVs.

Ali-G
Attachments
front.png
front.png (5.52 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Last edited by Alige on 26 Sep 2011, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [DIS] GM and DEV robes?

Post by Reid »

Why do you want a new dress?

The GM's robe was just a part of an outfit, to show at the player who is a real GM. Developers don't need it, exept if you give a reason which isn't about your self satisfaction.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

The fact that GM cap, DEV cap and GM robe are items used for showing your status, especially during bot times for GMs, doesn't mean we can't be fancy! I think that it really wouldn't harm the game in any way by adding those. On the contrary, I think it'll make people be more and more attracted by well behaving if wanting to become a GM or maybe start getting involved in development.

Ali-G
linkage

Post by linkage »

This point could be debated. This GMs robe sure is part of their outfit, but it seems like optional since it is not used in a systematic way whereas the cap is. Moreover the cap has a "GM" printed on it, the robe cant be noticed as a GM robe, honestly. To my mind, maybe the GM robe should be all GM-printed so it is settled. Or maybe not, and it would be fair for all special-players to have their own full outfit. Last but not least Ali-G`s point of view about enhancing TMW contribution in development is to be considered.

Regards,
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

What about something like this? It doesn't really look good but we can make it better later, i'm posting that only to show how we could make these outfits more effective: front = cap, back = robe.

EDIT: Imho, caps are enough informative to me, the "DEV" and "GM" on the robes aren't necessary to me. The robe for GM isn't necessary, so why shouldn't DEVs become a robe too? That is a mistery to me.
Attachments
back.png
back.png (7.57 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Last edited by Alige on 26 Sep 2011, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I do think the GM robe should be made more visually distinguishable.

About a dev robe ... I'm kind of mixed. We could always use more developers, but the kind that would do things just to get an item are not likely to be useful. I've never felt a need for a robe, the hat is enough identification. That said, one of my instincts is for it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Ali-G wrote:What about something like this? It doesn't really look good but we can make it better later, i'm posting that only to show how we could make these outfits more effective: front = cap, back = robe.
If you really think that you need to give items to peoples for work with you, then themanaworld is really getting lost :) It's how act alternate server to get some players, (I give you some items if you come) but this time, it's turned to developers..

Also, I never heard why some peoples can got a dev cap.. What does it changes? IMO you want it to feel superior to other players, to show that you are a developer, and that you are an 'important' person.

I agree for a part that GM need an outfit, but the nick highlighted in green or red isn't enought?
Also, why developers would need it? To look fancy? Are you serious... It looks like an other items in a collection, it's like giving a candy to somebody to get him working in your project.

I vote no and no then :) .
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Having a little glory being known as a developer always helps. Now I didn't say that we would give items to people who will do some development.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I don't see any reason for a DEV robe.
GM's need to be recognized in game much more often than DEV's need to, so a robe for them might make sense.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Jenalya wrote:I don't see any reason for a DEV robe.
GM's need to be recognized in game much more often than DEV's need to, so a robe for them might make sense.
GMs do have a robe, it's just really hard to distinguish from the Red Silk Robe.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

I only use the robe from time to time, I think that my green name and the cap is more than enough to show I'm a GM so for me there is no need for a new robe not for us or devs.
So for me is a no-no.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

imho, gm robe should be brown or some other color that isn't used in game to make them more distinguishable.

The Dev cap is enough and, again imho, should be used only for "official" purposes and not as a matter of status. (i.e.: asking players for suggestions, things to put in game or ask about problems. also for recruitment...) :wink:
Last edited by Lizandra on 26 Sep 2011, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Developer's Caps should not be given as rewards, but it seems to me that recently this is how they are used. A robe will not further aid identification but will increase the appeal of developing for a reward, which I don't like at all.

GMs need much more to identify themselves and a full-body uniform is for them, I think, a good idea. However since the poll asks about the new GM robe you have made and not the old one, I voted 'no and no'.
argul
Novice
Novice

Post by argul »

Of course we do need a DEV cap.
A special hat similar to the candlehat with xml and hard stuff and moving and so on.
So that the "DEV" letters wobble all over your head... everyone will recognize you!
---
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

Lizandra wrote: The Dev cap is enough and, again imho, should be used only for "official" purposes and not as a matter of status. (i.e.: asking players for suggestions, things to put in game or ask about problems. also for recruitment...) :wink:
I personally use my cap as a means to identify when I am not currently focused on the game, but still working on something related. I also find it useful to don the cap after a content update (whether planned or not) so that I can field questions or concerns and either answer them or forward the issues to those better suited to addressing them.

I don't believe a special robe or anything is required for a dev.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.