Leaving project

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Leaving project

Post by Bear »

Yea ok... Im leaving The Mana World.... Not that it matters much

Top Reasons:
-The game has by FAR missed the original Aim and Style of Graphics and gameplay which i joined for.
-There are too many people giving suggestions that arent worth the time reading.
-Content development is way too slow for my liking.
-Monthly Updates have basicaly dissapeared.
-The Mouse has GOT TO GO/ It creates a winning edge for mouse players which isnt fair to Keyboarders/Joystickers

On a side note, i was also de-(gm)ed for banning a BOT
Every BOT should be banned right away, i dont care what game it is, bots suck and deprive the game of a good community. And the part about me not being able to go to the meetings/communication things? Well, i recently started feeling second thoughts about this game, so i do think i deserve the de-GM. Just a suggestion, if this were to happen to someone else. Warn the before hand. When i found out i was de-gmed, i was fine with it because i did what was right.

PS. Elven, if you want something changed, take a stand, right now i feel as if your just letting everything go on by.

But if you absolutely need help, feel free to contact meh
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: Leaving project

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Bear wrote:Yea ok... Im leaving The Mana World.... Not that it matters much
Goodbye, we will miss you. :cry:
Bear wrote: -The game has by FAR missed the original Aim and Style of Graphics and gameplay which i joined for.
I agree, but this something is really hard to control, especially when there is lack of artists. At the moment we're only trying to do what we can do. Noone expected short time results.
Bear wrote:-There are too many people giving suggestions that arent worth the time reading.
Let me disagree with that. A lot of people had nice suggestions which will be implemented for sure, soon or later.
Bear wrote:-Content development is way too slow for my liking.
If you want everything now, then join a commercial project or donate to us so we can hire someone who doesn't care about work/university because this one will be his job. (of course this is a open source project and we will never pay someone).
Bear wrote:-Monthly Updates have basicaly dissapeared.
Yeah, as well as the spare time of most of the developers.
Bear wrote:-The Mouse has GOT TO GO/ It creates a winning edge for mouse players which isnt fair to Keyboarders/Joystickers
As far as I know this is not the final version. We will find a balance thanks to people suggestions, not complaints.
Bear wrote:On a side note, i was also de-(gm)ed for banning a BOT
Every BOT should be banned right away, i dont care what game it is, bots suck and deprive the game of a good community. And the part about me not being able to go to the meetings/communication things? Well, i recently started feeling second thoughts about this game, so i do think i deserve the de-GM. Just a suggestion, if this were to happen to someone else. Warn the before hand. When i found out i was de-gmed, i was fine with it because i did what was right.
You were given GM rights to test the scripts you were providing. You were not de-gmed because you banned a bot. If you read what I wrote last time carefully, I said I'm not against banning bots, I only said I won't ban a bot.
You were de-gmed because you abused your gm powers. I'm sure you didn't read the answer to your last question did you?
About warning you, this is another reason why you were de-gmed, because I didn't hear from you since a lot of time.
Bear wrote:PS. Elven, if you want something changed, take a stand, right now i feel as if your just letting everything go on by.
You probably have a point there.
Bear wrote:But if you absolutely need help, feel free to contact meh
I'll do, but since you're leaving I think I'll remove your TMW developer status until you change your mind. :wink:

Regards
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Bye Bear
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io