Just somthing thats bugging me.

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
FlameCore
Newly Registered User

Just somthing thats bugging me.

Post by FlameCore »

Is TMW made from source code by the devs here or did playtna have to buy the client/server?
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Just somthing thats bugging me.

Post by Frost »

FlameCore wrote:Is TMW made from source code by the devs here or did playtna have to buy the client/server?
The software is free, as stated at the top of the web site. Platyna purchased the hardware on which the main server runs. You can read about how to create your own server at http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Servers
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
FlameCore
Newly Registered User

Post by FlameCore »

Ok maybe I said the wrong I'm talking about the .exe program TMW runs on sorry I should been more detailed
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

FlameCore wrote:Ok maybe I said the wrong I'm talking about the .exe program TMW runs on sorry I should been more detailed
It's free (as freedom) and free (as a beer) :)
FlameCore
Newly Registered User

Post by FlameCore »

Do you by chance know who they got them from
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

http://manasource.org

Client, current server and new server are all free open source software licensed under the GNU General Public License. Everyone can use them, modify them to fit their needs and even publish their modified versions for others to use, under the condition that you do so under the same license conditions. The Mana project believes in the Bazaar development philosophy, which means that everyone is invited to participate. So when you want to make improvements to the client and server which could be useful to anyone and not just for you, we would appreciate it (but do not insist on it), that you take part in the development directly.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.