More rights for GMs!

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you think GM-s should have more freedom?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19
Derpella
Novice
Novice

More rights for GMs!

Post by Derpella »

This topic can be seen as an ultimate [asskiss], I don't care.
I think the rights GM-s have right now are ridiculous and only good to ban obvious AFK botters.
I seen so many times that people were tormenting others, insulting, grieving IN FRONT OF GM-s. And they talked with them for hours, gave them 30 unofficial and 50 official warnings, and then the guy usually comes to forums and say GM rights were abused.
GMs are chosen by community, were trusted, and because of that they should have some authority. Now they are used like they were some living bottests and good uncles to every troll. This is just hard to watch.
And with more rights for GM-s we would be able to skip idiotic things, like punishing someone for fun-following.
Of course, people don't want tyrants. But there must be some golden mean about which we can find through discussions, and helpless GM-s are an demoralizing extreme for sure.
I'm Image too much.
DarkestLight
Peon
Peon

Re: More rights for GMs!

Post by DarkestLight »

GMs should have more rights when we are talking about grieving etc but no more power when it comes to banning botters (still ban afk botters, but as long as a player is at the keyboard they are just using a macro). This game can be piss ass boring at times and a few macros work wonders for keeping this game... well... playable for more then 2 days in a row.
I was they turkey all along!!! It was me!!! ME!!!!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Just because a botter is at the keyboard doesn't mean they are using it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

GMs are resonable people, their reasoning and the rules we operate within, allows us to not turn TMW into a police state. About following - we have a rule that states to not abuse other players, so if one person harasses the other it is obviously abuse.

Regards.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

What they can do with spammers and/or beggers is useless :/
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Platyna wrote:we have a rule that states to not abuse other players, so if one person harasses the other it is obviously abuse.
I think this is more about giving more power for GMs to enforce the rules, without worrying about all the people who will attack them for it.
DarkestLight
Peon
Peon

Post by DarkestLight »

o11c wrote:Just because a botter is at the keyboard doesn't mean they are using it.
Auto pick up, the buy/sell features on mana+, spell shortcuts, etc are all just as much macros as auto target and auto attack.

If you allow one of these macros then should they not all be allowed?

If you deny us ALL macros you are going to lose your player population all together.

Edit:
I would also like to add that if you are responding, im willing to bet you are using your keyboard
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

A macro is: you press a key, your client sends packets to the server.

Automation is: your client receives packets from the server, and takes actions with no user intervention.

There is zero overlap between these categories. Macros are allowed, automation is not.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Darkestlight, yes, I meant fast and adequate responds to people grieving and bullying others (but careful enough not to call someone with vulgar word when GM is present. Three times, because first offense brings just unofficial warning, second brings official warning, etc.).
I think, if we chosen our GM-s we should give them more trust. Darkestlight, I think all GMs know the community and game enough to differ between someone pressing x and multibox stack botting. (Even if without stackers archers and mages could never make it to the Fallens in crypt, this is just another discussion). And they are probably able to differ between someone joking, some newbie annoying because he's twelve but meaning no harm, and someone who is obviously provoking to see where the border is.
I used to be a moderator on a large forum, and when I see situations like that, I cringe. The lack of strictness will always lead to the complete mess. If we choose our GM-s because we find them mature, reasonable, etc. why treat them like some kind of mindless robocops?
To keep the game clean from bad things, GM-s should be feared. Not helpless.
Last edited by Derpella on 21 Nov 2011, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Image too much.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

i'm a scary dude. rawr.
sexy red bearded GM
DarkestLight
Peon
Peon

Post by DarkestLight »

Big Crunch wrote:i'm a scary dude. rawr.
I saw your picture :lol:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I think GMs shouldn't have more power, they should have less.

GMs are ellected by us and they should serve us, we gave them power and it should be limited.

We need freedom not police.

Who thinks otherwise should get a microchip inserted into their skin and a biometric passport! Stop projecting real world stuff into this game. We are people not lambs in search of shepherds.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Thank you, mrwho, the fact that you are saying this is a very good argument supporting my statements :lol:
And if someone took that seriously, in all western civilization, the ideal of freedom is that freedom ends when you are destroying the freedom and well-being of the others. That's why people don't have the freedom to poop at the middle of the street, for example.
Go and protest it too. Yes, IRL. Do it. DON'T BE A SLAVE!
I'm Image too much.