Monsters

All development of pixel art and graphics
User avatar
Yuuki
Peon
Peon
Posts: 57
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 23:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Monsters

Post by Yuuki » 21 Jun 2006, 15:40

Hey guys ^^,
Since I'm brainless. Plz post some new monsters ideas ^^.

Here is the last one tha i made:
Yes it's a remake of the another mushroom made by me, but i fixed the animations, added cool colors, 2 new dead frames, and pretty spikes ^^
Image

Ps: I'm so Slow, and be sure that I'll ignore most of ideas that you post but I need help ^^ :o

Tmw bestiary must grow!
Image
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Post by yosuhara » 21 Jun 2006, 15:46

hmmm, look at this wiki page, i think there are some nice monster ideas from pajarico: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... e_proposal
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Yuuki
Peon
Peon
Posts: 57
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 23:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by Yuuki » 21 Jun 2006, 16:18

yosuhara wrote:hmmm, look at this wiki page, i think there are some nice monster ideas from pajarico: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... e_proposal
Number: 1, 2, 3 and 4
I guess we need to increase the size of monsters Sprites and add more frames.

Number 5 e 6:
i'll take a look
(and i have no idea about its atack animation)
Image
User avatar
EJlol
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1084
Joined: 06 Sep 2005, 09:42

Post by EJlol » 21 Jun 2006, 16:54

I like monster 1 :D
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Post by Crush » 21 Jun 2006, 17:43

hi neko-mon, nice to see you again. don't worry about the size restrictions. the new animation system elven is developing will allow monster sprites of any size. it will also allow to use any number of animation phases for every animation. for more info about it read http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Animations
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Post by yosuhara » 21 Jun 2006, 18:29

also i was thinking about some giant ant or termite, they could have huge ant-hills which can be also a place for new dungeons...
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Pajarico
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 592
Joined: 28 Feb 2005, 20:29
Contact:

Post by Pajarico » 21 Jun 2006, 19:55

yosuhara wrote:also i was thinking about some giant ant or termite, they could have huge ant-hills which can be also a place for new dungeons...
I like that idea. With a queen ant and a quest for stealing larvs...
Number 5 e 6:
i'll take a look
(and i have no idea about its atack animation)
5 is supposed to fold its back an throw the spike over its head.
6 swings blind and violently when wants to atack, like the stem of a rush being rocked by wind only more quick and strong.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Post by yosuhara » 21 Jun 2006, 20:22

Pajarico wrote:
yosuhara wrote:also i was thinking about some giant ant or termite, they could have huge ant-hills which can be also a place for new dungeons...
I like that idea. With a queen ant and a quest for stealing larvs...
Number 5 e 6:
i'll take a look
(and i have no idea about its atack animation)
5 is supposed to fold its back an throw the spike over its head.
6 swings blind and violently when wants to atack, like the stem of a rush being rocked by wind only more quick and strong.
stealing larves? great idea :) , they can be used in alchemy or like a cure for some new disease :D
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Post by Crush » 21 Jun 2006, 21:37

How about some humanoid monsters like orcs, cobolds, trolls goblins or however you want to call them?

Or undead creatures?

Or demon-like creatures?

how about some wild animals like agressive birds or bears (neorice began a bear. maybe you want to finish it or use it as an inspiration for your own http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ ... /ManaLand/ )
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Post by yosuhara » 21 Jun 2006, 21:42

Image

i really like that brown stone golem on the left side... anybody know something about new version of sand golem? i don't remember name of the guy who is working on it....
Crush wrote:How about some humanoid monsters like orcs, cobolds, trolls goblins or however you want to call them?

Or undead creatures?

Or demon-like creatures?
i think that to have undead (or daemon) creatures we also need burial yard (cemetery) which is linked with complicated area of religious symbols (tombstones for example)
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Yuuki
Peon
Peon
Posts: 57
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 23:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by Yuuki » 22 Jun 2006, 22:04

yosuhara wrote: i really like that brown stone golem on the left side... anybody know something about new version of sand golem? i don't remember name of the guy who is working on it....
U mean NEORICEISGOOD?
Image
User avatar
yosuhara
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 583
Joined: 16 Mar 2006, 22:19
Location: Slovakia
Contact:

Post by yosuhara » 22 Jun 2006, 22:25

Neko-Mon wrote:
yosuhara wrote: i really like that brown stone golem on the left side... anybody know something about new version of sand golem? i don't remember name of the guy who is working on it....
U mean NEORICEISGOOD?
nope, some new guy started working on new version of sand golem....
Image
this image compares old and new sand golems
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Modanung
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1719
Joined: 20 May 2005, 16:51
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Modanung » 23 Jun 2006, 00:01

I was thinking about a 'demon spider':
Image
It hasn't got any legs yet... and the painting on his back is experimental.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: 25 Aug 2005, 17:08
Location: Germany

Post by Crush » 23 Jun 2006, 02:30

about the sand golem: i hope the guy will finish it. it would be a very nice addition.

about the spider: it looks really awesome. it could be our first boss monster. i picture it deep in a cave. its map could have the layout of a spider web over a bottomless pit.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
Yuuki
Peon
Peon
Posts: 57
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 23:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by Yuuki » 23 Jun 2006, 15:29

yosuhara wrote: nope, some new guy started working on new version of sand golem....
Image
this image compares old and new sand golems
But that sand golem colors are old, its must have the same color than desert sand.

I mean Image
Image
Post Reply