[REQ] Egyptian Npc/Monsters

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [REQ] Egyptian Npc/Monsters

Post by Jenalya »

o11c wrote:that map has practically no relation to any current content ...
See here: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/images/e/ec/Tux_argaes.jpg
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Chicka, do you still want me to touch up that serpent boss-man thing? If not, would you like me to assist with something else then? I'm all game, I just need a little direction. :3
The most active, unofficial, TMW Pixel Artist
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!
GPL and CC-BY-SA approved, use what you will as long as credit is given.

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Korcha wrote:Chicka, do you still want me to touch up that serpent boss-man thing? If not, would you like me to assist with something else then? I'm all game, I just need a little direction. :3
Of course! you can help with something else..Ill try to PM skipy or salmondine to help out with the snake lord. Maybe you can help with some smaller items maybe some foods they would eat in the desert? Or smaller items such as pots. It would be interesting to have Mad Camels running around *coughs* mouboos xD just make them more angry maybe. Over all there is lots of things that needs help.

edit: there is also a small list on the 2nd page i think or the 1st.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Alright, I'll take a look at that list. About the boss, are you okay with the size? Would you like him/it to be smaller?
...and regarding the desert food; do you mean items or just objects/tiles?
TMW contributor? Have a vision but lack the art? In need of assistance? What the fudge are you waiting for! Drop me a PM, bro!

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Korcha wrote:Alright, I'll take a look at that list. About the boss, are you okay with the size? Would you like him/it to be smaller?
...and regarding the desert food; do you mean items or just objects/tiles?
The boss is already designed in size and such its in the link i gave you before, I just needed someone to finish him.

For food and such its items.

regards,
Yubaba
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Then I'll go ahead an shrink the one I have to match the originals size. There's no point in me reusing the old one.
I'll start work on Boss-Man sometime tomorrow.

So yeah, this is what I came up with, I would've done more but I lost interest half way in. :/
If you are content with coloring them or getting someone else to, I can go on ahead and make more NPCs/items for ya. Like the portrait equivalent, they'll be worked on periodically. So don't completely judge them just yet.

Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

Oh ... My ... Lord! You guys are amazing. Most of the stuff here looks incredible and great at worst. The pyramid looks awesome too. It would be amazing to get it to work tiled, but I can see the problem. Is it possible to just make it really big and then scale the dimensions down during a save? The only thing that looks odd about it is where the top is located. Seriously amazing things here. My jaw dropped when I saw the map. :shock:

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ledmitz wrote:Oh ... My ... Lord! You guys are amazing. Most of the stuff here looks incredible and great at worst. The pyramid looks awesome too. It would be amazing to get it to work tiled, but I can see the problem. Is it possible to just make it really big and then scale the dimensions down during a save? The only thing that looks odd about it is where the top is located. Seriously amazing things here. My jaw dropped when I saw the map. :shock:
;) thanks ledmitz! and thanks for everyone that's participating :) did you see the pyramids chef made? those are the ones i plan on using for the maps in the desert. Don't let your jaw drop yet! wait until i start posting blue prints :) Its a project that was an idea years ago and that shouldn't have been dropped IMO. But in a way I'm glad because I get to participate in making it alive!.

If anybody has any ideas for this kind of theme I would love to listen! Feel free to pm me or talk to me on game about your ideas :) I cant promise anything but I'm all open ears on input.

edit: also if anybody knows where I can get ahold of Axltrozz's unfinished Bitan (the sprite sheet) that would be very helpful.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 3&start=60

regards,
Yubaba
Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

I am putting these on hold indefinitely. Not that interested in them anymore. The perspective (particularly the back frames) really irritates me for some reason, more so when animating. Guess I found my kryptonite. =/

Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and take a break for a couple of days. I'll be back on Wednesday to tackle the remaining chores on that list. Also while I'm gone, maybe a few of you folks can post some NPC's that I'm missing, though don't post them here. Head over to content development and post them there, specifically in Client Dialog. Thanks in return. =3

Korcha
Novice
Novice

Post by Korcha »

Seems kinda dead in here, are you sure you have others helping out with this? Are they all on IRC? Nevertheless, I've got more done, though I wish you were more specific with that list since I am not really all that good with creating stuff from nothingness, regardless of what my earlier samples (see Barbarian tileset) lead you to believe. =3

Do you mind giving me an in-depth list of townsfolk you want in, maybe with some images, and would you like me to create a throne tileset for the King & Queen? Also, I'll adjust their sizes after I've made reasonable progress.

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

i love your art Korcha!!! :shock: :D :shock:
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

ChefChelios wrote:i love your art Korcha!!! :shock: :D :shock:
+1
sexy red bearded GM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

TMW Brasil has "pharaoh hat". in case that helps...
head-coroa-farao.png
head-coroa-farao.png (5.63 KiB) Viewed 7538 times
This NPC from the same source could fit some of your needs:
npc-br_1.png
npc-br_1.png (2.04 KiB) Viewed 7538 times
About the pyramid: Using a texture with horizontal /vertical mesh crossing with oblique lines leads to well known optical illusions such as the Café wall illusion: Image; or simpler, the Hering illusion: Image
I'd suggest a wall granular texture (with some defects), the original low-egyptian pyramids were like that. If you prefer the stony one; make the oblique edges jaggy as the actual pyramids or the mexican ones.
I'll post an example as soon as i have finished it.
Also, I don't know what is your background idea, but, the egyptian pyramids were tombs. and a tomb is not supposed to have an obvious entrance. Finding it could be the goal of a subquest. (why not a moving one?)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Edit: removed (double post).
Last edited by Nard on 06 May 2013, 06:45, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:TMW Brasil has "pharaoh hat". in case that helps...
head-coroa-farao.png
This NPC from the same source could fit some of your needs:
npc-br_1.png
Also, I don't know what is your background idea, but, the egyptian pyramids were tombs. and a tomb is not supposed to have an obvious entrance. Finding it could be the goal of a subquest. (why not a moving one?)
I've seen the pharaoh hat but do you know what license it is? and who it was made by?
If so do you mind writing the information here.

the npc looks great :)

as for the entrance there will be a special way to get inside (depending on the pyramid) that's not yet written which will be a mini quest.

regards,
Yubaba