tux9th

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for tux9th to become a GM?

Yes.
79%
No.
21%

Total votes: 47
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: tux9th

Post by Platyna »

You can't just stop being a developer. You contributed to the game and influenced it. I prefer that you heal your hand and come back into development.

I will not accept your candidature.

Regards.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Platyna wrote:You can't just stop being a developer. You contributed to the game and influenced it. I prefer that you heal your hand and come back into development.
Can you please clarify what the reason for this silly split between developers and GMs is? There is a thread here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=16807. Every GM contributes to the game and influences it in their ways.

As the poll demonstrates a lot of people (also many high ranked devs) would like to see tux as GM. It also looks like the lack of GMs in his timezone looks real.

So could you please explain why this rule is there which looks more blocking than helping to me?

Regards
Ablu
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Platyna wrote:You can't just stop being a developer. You contributed to the game and influenced it. I prefer that you heal your hand and come back into development.

Regards.
surprise.png
surprise.png (4.56 KiB) Viewed 16556 times
*fears that we loose both a good dev and a potential good GM*

I can see only one solution to this problem:

Make Tux9th an administrator
He can help Jenalya and Frost (and maybe yourself) who are actually a bit overloaded, He can fill many holes in GM presence, he will be able to come back to development :D

Note: Another advantage is that he doesn't require the 60 votes so there is no need to change the rules :wink:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:I can see only one solution to this problem:

Make Tux9th an administrator
He can help Jenalya and Frost (and maybe yourself) who are actually a bit overloaded, He can fill many holes in GM presence, he will be able to come back to development :D

Note: Another advantage is that he doesn't require the 60 votes so there is no need to change the rules :wink:
really? ...He wasn't on the development team long (due to not being able to handle trolls) and has been on tmw barely a year... he wouldn't fill holes in GM presence, the holes he fills are with his alt tux9 that sits in town afk 24/7. Sorry but making him an admin or even considering giving him even more power than a gm would be foolish.

Considering we already have 2 lovely Active admins, we don't need another.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

Chicka-Maria wrote:he wouldn't fill holes in GM presence, the holes he fills are with his alt tux9 that sits in town afk 24/7.
Just because it sits there seemingly afk doesn't mean I don't listen.
Chicka-Maria wrote:Sorry but making him an admin or even considering giving him even more power than a gm would be foolish.
I love it how you fixate on power instead of qualification. But to calm your nerves I do not fit the profile for being an admin and I don't want to be an admin.
Nard wrote:*fears that we loose both a good dev and a potential good GM*
This might cost the team a potential GM but I haven't been a Dev in a long time and I do not intend to start developing again so something that has already been lost cannot be lost again.

Regards.
A rule is a rule and if you do not want to bend it so be it. I wanted to help if my help is not wanted there is not much I can do. No hard feelings.

greets
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chicka-Maria wrote: really? ...He wasn't on the development team long (due to not being able to handle trolls) and has been on tmw barely a year... he wouldn't fill holes in GM presence, the holes he fills are with his alt tux9 that sits in town afk 24/7. Sorry but making him an admin or even considering giving him even more power than a gm would be foolish.

regards,
Yes Tux9th was not was not long in development team, but, during this short time, he made a more noticeable job than you made as a dev (I should say as two devs) since you play. In less than a year Tux, knows better the game mechanisms than many of us, including you and me. In less than a year, Tux also wrote more wiki lines than you did since you play the game. More he learns very fast, faster than most of us... His knowledge cannot include player knowledge and the bad faith they are able to show. Tux is still a testing server administrator, this is the point that make me say he is able to do the Job.

Considering that after, Jenalya's own words, she is busy a lot, and that administrating TMW is an extra load that may penalize her development tasks; considering that according to Frost's own words, he fas new real life constraints, considering that in the past TMW had 3 or more Active admins while the development was far less active (there is still a GM80 too), I do think that Tux9th would be at least as helpful as admin than as a dev or GM, (more than as GM in my own opinion).

Your post is either a troll or the expression of jealousy, envy and frustrated ambition that makes you blind about this game's interests.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote: really? ...He wasn't on the development team long (due to not being able to handle trolls) and has been on tmw barely a year... he wouldn't fill holes in GM presence, the holes he fills are with his alt tux9 that sits in town afk 24/7. Sorry but making him an admin or even considering giving him even more power than a gm would be foolish.

regards,
Yes Tux9th was not was not long in development team, but, during this short time, he made a more noticeable job than you made as a dev (I should say as two devs) since you play. In less than a year Tux, knows better the game mechanisms than many of us, including you and me. In less than a year, Tux also wrote more wiki lines than you did since you play the game. More he learns very fast, faster than most of us... His knowledge cannot include player knowledge and the bad faith they are able to show. Tux is still a testing server administrator, this is the point that make me say he is able to do the Job.

Considering that after, Jenalya's own words, she is busy a lot, and that administrating TMW is an extra load that may penalize her development tasks; considering that according to Frost's own words, he fas new real life constraints, considering that in the past TMW had 3 or more Active admins while the development was far less active (there is still a GM80 too), I do think that Tux9th would be at least as helpful as admin than as a dev or GM, (more than as GM in my own opinion).

Your post is either a troll or the expression of jealousy, envy and frustrated ambition that makes you blind about this game's interests.
First off, Just because someone doesnt agree with you it doesnt mean they are jealous or blind.

And your right tux has done a lot as a Dev maybe platyna was right and he should go back to it if he wants to help the game more. Would be a shame to lose someone who does so much development for it as you said.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chicka-Maria wrote:First off, Just because someone doesnt agree with you it doesnt mean they are jealous or blind.
Sure, but you are not someone.
And your right tux has done a lot as a Dev maybe platyna was right and he should go back to it if he wants to help the game more. Would be a shame to lose someone who does so much development for it as you said.

Here I do agree with you. But it seems it is going to happen. Whose fault? Maybe he and others could come back (or join) to irc or any form of development and communication tool if all members could restrain themselves from troling, from taking any critic as a personal attack and give fake answers, from depising the project they are supposed to contribute to, and from seeking for a power that is only a virtual one in a tiny (but nice) project.
I suggested Tux9th as an admin (as a GM too, as a dev too) because it could solve many problems and conciliate many points of views, including Tux's and Platyna's one. and it is TMW's interest. Please recover your common sense, face reality and show us again the nice person you can be.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:First off, Just because someone doesnt agree with you it doesnt mean they are jealous or blind.
Sure, but you are not someone.

Here I do agree with you. But it seems it is going to happen. Whose fault? Maybe he and others could come back (or join) to irc or any form of development and communication tool if all members could restrain themselves from troling, from taking any critic as a personal attack and give fake answers, from depising the project they are supposed to contribute to, and from seeking for a power that is only a virtual one in a tiny (but nice) project.
I suggested Tux9th as an admin (as a GM too, as a dev too) because it could solve many problems and conciliate many points of views, including Tux's and Platyna's one. and it is TMW's interest. Please recover your common sense, face reality and show us again the nice person you can be.

Everyone is a someone, just saying..

I am also part of the mana world community and can see/hear people who don't want to speak up due people like you argueing them all the time when they have something different to say than you do.

I do have common sense, which is why i voted no and dont think its a good idea. Because i seen characteristics of tux you haven't seen obviously. I am facing reality, maybe you should do the same.

I am done argueing on this forum, its a waste of time and tux already posted he does not want to be a admin.

regards,
Yubaba
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Chicka-Maria wrote:(due to not being able to handle trolls)
I only wanted to make clear that these trolls were you (Chicka-Maria) and Reid if I got the story right. Everybody knows that you and tux do not like each other a lot.

So better stop writing crap and try to get along with each other.

Regards
Ablu
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ablu wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:(due to not being able to handle trolls)
I only wanted to make clear that these trolls were you (Chicka-Maria) and Reid if I got the story right. Everybody knows that you and tux do not like each other a lot.

So better stop writing crap and try to get along with each other.

Regards
Ablu

Actually it wasn't me and I'm not a troll, but i will not point names. If you want to know you can ask tux yourself. Please get your story straight before assuming.

Also someone can feel free to move the last few posts to somewhere else on the forum, this is not on topic anymore.

regards,
Yubaba
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

I'm kind of disgusted by where this topic has gone. None of you will get anywhere by insulting each other, or each other's contributions to the game. It's nice to see how many have such a spiteful side, though.

Ablu: Funny you should name names, because this has actually been an issue for a while. The dev team should be able to be a cohesive group that's capable of working together... but at the same time, you have to form your own opinions, preferably without just listening to the other devs. I saw tux respond very badly to Meway when he returned, and tbh he wasn't really misbehaving/trolling, but he certainly did get called a troll and have his past brought up - by someone who didn't know him. It seemed like tux took everyone else's opinion of Meway to heart and made up his mind long before ever encountering him.

Nard: Luckily, you are not in any official way entitled to rank the devs or their contributions. I would hope you can understand why devolving to insulting each other or our work, won't help anyone.

Chicka did rather forcefully claim the team does not need a new admin, before any such discussion happened... but she was responding to the topic, about tux. I am disappointed that the default response to statements people disagree with is to insult and belittle someone's work.

Lastly - the developers do need to be able to work together on things, but they definitely do not need to share the same opinions 100% of the time. If you react based on others' opinions or stories rather than your own experiences, you risk making an uninformed troll of yourself in the process. Personally I observed things about tux earlier that left me hesitant, including the fight with Meway - but I've also seen a lot of good qualities and determination since, and it's unfortunate he's rejected just because he dared to help add to this game at some point in the past.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I can't fault tux for responding badly to meway ...we've all done that.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

mistergrey wrote: Ablu: Funny you should name names, because this has actually been an issue for a while. The dev team should be able to be a cohesive group that's capable of working together... but at the same time, you have to form your own opinions, preferably without just listening to the other devs. I saw tux respond very badly to Meway when he returned, and tbh he wasn't really misbehaving/trolling, but he certainly did get called a troll and have his past brought up - by someone who didn't know him. It seemed like tux took everyone else's opinion of Meway to heart and made up his mind long before ever encountering him.
As i already said in the other post: Sorry if this came over more attacking and off topic than it was planned. The only thing i wanted to say is that Chicka-Maria and tux had a argument about a map some when shortly before tux quit. And due to this early "rather forcefully claim the team does not need a new admin" and her previous statements made my common sense thinking that she is still somehow personally mad at tux.

I did not had meway in mind, sorry.

Regards
Ablu

OT: congratulations to your 444th post mistergrey.:)
Looks like your hair slowly becomes grey
(sorry about posting offtopic to a warning about offtopic)
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

LOL... Your offtopic reply is forgiven, because you made a grey hair joke >.> :lol:

*punishes himself for being off topic*.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself