Sango98 For GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Sango98 For GM

yes
65%
no
35%

Total votes: 69
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Sango98 For GM

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I would like to nominate Sango98 for a TMW Game Master, Sango has never given problems to this community and she's the fairest, sweetest player i have ever known on TMW. She has great intentions for this community, and has great judgement. Sango is well familiar with this game as well since she has been playing it for 2 years. Sango is nice, caring and I'm sure she would even ban her friends if she had to, just to keep the community well from abuse. Sango is also up during European time which we really need at this point. I will also write in point form what assets Sango possesses that i think would make a great GM on her part...

- Fair
- Caring & nice
- Helps people that need it
- Thinks about others before herself
- Up during European time
- Well familiar with the game, (played for 2 years)
- Has great judgement
- Can deal with trolls
- Would not abuse power
- Patient

And there is so much more I can list about Sango, In my opinion she would make a great asset to the GM team and the Community as a GM.

edit: Also i would like to just add, don't vote no if you don't know Sango, get to know her first. She is a great player and I'm sure you will understand why I nominated her for GM.

regards,
Chicka
Last edited by Chicka-Maria on 21 Jan 2013, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Sango98 For GM

Post by o11c »

I'll vote for those "assets".

Also:
- has never contributed anything to development, so Platyna can't argue about that.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Thank you so much Chicka for nominating me I will do my best if I become a gm .
Techron
Novice
Novice

Post by Techron »

I have to agree. Good choice.

Techron
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Bump :P
Yubaba
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

sango98 wrote:Thank you so much Chicka for nominating me I will do my best if I become a gm .
I know you would. You're an asset to TMW in general, and a treasure as a person.
This IS a sig
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

BoomerTheKran wrote:
sango98 wrote:Thank you so much Chicka for nominating me I will do my best if I become a gm .
I know you would. You're an asset to TMW in general, and a treasure as a person.
+1 :D
cmba
Newly Registered User

Post by cmba »

I Engage vote yes in favor of Sango98 becoming GM!
ChaosCrossAG
Novice
Novice

Post by ChaosCrossAG »

Voted Yes!X)
Freya
Novice
Novice

Post by Freya »

I choose yes, good luck.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I vote yes as well.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I vote no for now.

I have known Sango for a long time now. I will 100% stand behind her as a good player and decent person. She is fun loving, light hearted, and terribly nice. There are numerous more positives i can name about her that I just dont have time to do.

My reason for saying no is she is, in my experience, somewhat susceptible to being trolled. She allows her feelings to get hurt easily and she is somewhat immature.

She is fun to have in town and great to talk to. I feel she is taking this nomination seriously and is attempting to understand what the job entails, as evidenced by a couple of conversations we've had since this nomination has been posted.

I will keep an eye out and ask other's opinions of her actions to assess whether my opinion is outdated or not.

If Sango is elected, I would have no problem working with her.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

You're right, this is a good and fair player who has good qualities, but I have to say no for now. Especially she needs to have more confidence in herself.

A GM requires experience in conflicts and to remedy without hesitation or with the support of other Gm. At this moment it's a hard role for her. Maybe later.

Or else she will learn in the field of action. Who knows?

Good luck Sango
Last edited by Johanne Laliberté on 29 Jan 2013, 02:31, edited 1 time in total.
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Johanne Laliberté wrote:You're right, this is a good and fair player who has good qualities, but I have to say no for now. Especially she need to have more confidence in herself.

A GM requires experience in conflicts and to remedy without hesitation or with the support of other Gm. At this moment it's a hard role for her. Maybe later.

Or else she will learn in the field of action. Who knows?

Good luck Sango

I do have to say, I disagree with this in the most respectful way. I have seen myself, Sango deal with team situations very well especially since she became an officer within the mana empire guild. She has shown she has good judgement when it comes to right and wrong and has shown she can deal with trolls within the game. I have seen sango grown since she has joined this game which is why i think she would be a great candidate. I have also seen sango deal with complicated situations really well instead of arguing with people who try to argue with her. For example she doesn't go on about the issue she just ignores people who try to troll her, which i have seen her improve in greatly. I also think she wouldn't have to hesitate to go forth with appropriate action if needed.

I believe Sango has great confidence as well, but she is not the type of person to show it off to everybody how confident she is unless she has to, its just part of her personality.

If anybody doesn't know sango98 or hasn't had a conversation with her in a while, i highly encourage you to talk with her and see what i mean.

But its nice to see why people vote no :) so thanks for posting.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

I voted No
I love sango as a player, she is sweet, funny and very active. But for me she is not an authority figure at all. I frankly believe she wont be able to handle the pressure of our beloved game trolls, and I don't think she is ready at all to be a GM right now.
Regards