Banned without no reason

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Banned without no reason

Post by 0x0BAL »

Hello, i have just tried to log into my account and i get a message saying that i have been banned permanetly, whats wrong ?
my character name is "janez berbu"
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Banned without no reason

Post by Crush »

Could this be your character?

Code: Select all

[2013-01-21 21:11:16] 029-3.gat(52,28) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @block JaneZzZ
[2013-01-21 21:12:00] 029-3.gat(52,28) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @l temporarily blocked on suspicion of stealing accounts, to prevent disposing of items
Although bans affect the whole account, they are issued by character. Game masters aren't usually aware of which account a character belongs to. So when your account got blocked, please check the gm log for each of your characters.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

what the hell in the world?!
where are the prooves?!
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

You need to talk to Frost!

i will lock this topic, that's not the intent of this forum!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

after further thought i have unlocked it amd moved it to player talk!
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

#tmw-support wrote:[17:15:18] <Frost> Berbu sent me a PM, to which I replied.
[17:16:03] <Frost> He was accused of stealing an account. While I waited for a reply to my questions (back to the accuser), I investigated and found that
[17:16:30] <Frost> Berbu, aka Valc and maybe aka Salah logged in to the accuser's account and traded everything to himself, then logged out.
[17:16:48] <Frost> I locked JaneZzZ (Berbu) temporarily and logged this in the GM log
[17:17:37] <Frost> I discussed this with a GM before doing anything.
[19:47:12] <Frost> for those who play along at home, jBerbu is now unlocked with no penalties.
gmlog wrote: [2013-01-21 21:11:16] 029-3.gat(52,28) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @block JaneZzZ
[2013-01-21 21:12:00] 029-3.gat(52,28) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @l temporarily blocked on suspicion of stealing accounts, to prevent disposing of items
[2013-01-22 18:44:09] 009-1.gat(50,37) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @unblock JaneZzZ
[2013-01-22 18:45:28] 009-1.gat(50,37) Frost's Homunculus(2212851) : @l The block was only to give time to investigate, and now investigation is complete. The claim of stealing was retracted.
Janez wait for Frost and wait for his response to this topic. He will tell you what happened and what he found out.
He is a very kind person and all of this seems to be a mixup and an explanation will come up.

regards
tux9th
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

I think that just a few persons could understand what would you feel after being banned twice because of the same person.
Btw Frost you don't know with who you were talking.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Another player made a specific accusation that Janez Berbu had "stolen" his items.

I replied to the PM and asked for details. Meanwhile, I looked in the login history and found that indeed, the accusing person had been logged in recently from Janez's IP address, which is quite different than the usual.
I then looked at what items the accuser had before this login (many rares and much money) and what s/he had after this login (basic beginner clothing and no money), which was consistent with the accusation. The JaneZzZ account was then fabulously wealthy with an inventory to make most players gasp.

At this point, I asked a GM for advice. We discussed the situation, and decided that the accuser needed to provide more specific information to support that the account was "stolen," but that there was enough evidence to temporarily block logins on the suspected account for a day or two, until we had more information.

I chose the JaneZzZ account because according to the server logs, JaneZzZ player had logged in to the accuser's account and created a new character. He then transferred all the items to this new character (perhaps to keep from being noticed) and then traded everything to his JaneZzZ account.

When I talked with the accuser later, s/he said that it was a misunderstanding and both parties are actually friends. The accusation was dropped. I immediately removed the block and noted the reason in the logs. I apologized to JanezZz/0x0BAL/super-buster and carefully explained that there was no punishment, but that he should avoid such activities in the future.

I wouldn't normally explain in such detail, but I believe that 0x0BAL asked a fair and important question. I want to explain why such a serious step was taken, so that players understand both the reasoning behind it (temporary hold so the items don't get traded or sold) and the result.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

thank you Frost, i totally back the ban, if a suspected scam is in process, we should try and stop it!

0x0bal, if you dont get that, well , i guess you never will!
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Post by 0x0BAL »

you can lock this now, i dont have anything more to say.