Hello. Mystogan is not playing anymore TMW.

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
handle

Hello. Mystogan is not playing anymore TMW.

Post by handle »

Hello

I just wanted to tell to you guys that Mystogan is not playing anymore in TMW
and he gave his char to me(Handle).
I'll continue playing with his char if there is not any problem?.

Thank you
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Hello. Mystogan is not playing anymore TMW.

Post by Nard »

Mystogan, who is my friend IRL just told me that he only lent you his account. So there is a problem until you give him back , in the shortest delay, the account with all the items that were on.

Please move this thread on Abuse.
Last edited by Nard on 24 Feb 2013, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:Mystogan, who is my friend IRL just told me that he only lent you his account. So there is a problem until you give him back , in the shortest delay, the account with all the items that were on.

Please move this thread on Abuse.
It's your friends fault for giving him his account information. Developers, Admins and GMs have made it clear more than once in the past year that if you give out your account information you will get scammed.

If Mystogan gets his account back *with* his items he should be considered lucky and It's suggested he doesn't give out his account again.

Also this thread Isn't abuse if he *gave* him the account....If Handle was phishing for the account then that would be a different story.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

It is a mistake indeed (and a big one). btw don't many players (including you) share account with players that are supposed to be friends?
Yes he will be lucky if he can get account back. I hope handle will hear me, and gets his reason back.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:It is a mistake indeed (and a big one). btw don't many players (including you) share account with players that are supposed to be friends?
Yes he will be lucky if he can get account back. I hope handle will hear me, and gets his reason back.
The only person I've shared my account with in the past is my boyfriend (not that its your business anyway) and that was a long time ago. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend won't steal my items...considering he doesn't even play often...And doesn't go on my account anymore. But I cannot speak for other players sharing their accounts, It's their choice what they do with their account all we can do at this point is warn them about scammers.

But to answer your question no, I wouldn't give my account information to someone i just met that calls me friend.

I hope you get your account back safe and sound Mystogan...But if you do get it back please do not lend it out to people.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I did a block of 3 accounts with account or character named Mystogan, on suspicion of account theft.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Thank you o11c ( For Mystogan)
He PM'd Frost and Jenalya on my request, I tell him to send you a copy.
Mystogan
Newly Registered User

Post by Mystogan »

hey,Arian Asimi... u stole my account u dumb F.... just return my account
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

I'm too tired to deal with this at this minute. I'll post details of what I've done in the private forum and let Frost or someone do what they normally do for password resets.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

the funny thing about this is that handle likely would have got away with this when he had not made this thread. Seriously though, why do people still fall for this?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
handle

Post by handle »

Hello

Im sorry about that i didn't know what is happening.
I didn't anything bad and never i will do it so Mystogan i will send you the password so that was my mistake about the char because i mean that you said i will not play anymore so im sorry :o
You can get your char normaly how i took it from you. :)

I will send you the password on message and sorry again :).

regard
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

The "funny" (in fact I don't fid it funny) thing is that this old player: pluto, aka rodrigo aka many others already falled for similar trials, and apologized on this forum.
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

a good rule of thumb is to not loan out anything (be is account access your best armor a special ring anything) that you'd be really sad if it wasn't returned
Tasisia
Peon
Peon

Post by Tasisia »

It is true that many players lend their account out to other players (at their own risk).

I hope that anyone who does lend an account to a trusted friend or family member makes it clear to the other person that their account details are to go no further.

Tas
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

i dont understand the term

i would never give my Acc datas away
i see no reasons why i should do it

lucky Mysto, but it was your own foult