Hello Friends! (gp for real money)

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Hello Friends! (gp for real money)

Post by Jael RD »

Hello :) , i know I've been out for long time (just training chess and working) i was thinking a way to keep doing my kind of extra long epic mega parties, i cant play all time like before (real life duties) so i made a decision (buy GP for real $) i only need the help of a GM for transactions (he keep the gp while a i send the money via pay pal to the seller. i show him the transaction screenshot, then i get my gp) :) after that parties for everyone.

I think that 0.10 USD per million is ok, so let me know your opinion. I will buy only lots of one dollar or bigger.

Regards to everyone
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Hello Friends! (gp for real money)

Post by Ginaria »

Welcome back :)
i believe thats not needed, your friends will be happy to see you and play and talk with you without making big drop parties...

Do you know a good chess online possibility for two humans at different computers, probably with a save state option...?
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Ginaria wrote:Welcome back :)
Do you know a good chess online possibility for two humans at different computers, probably with a save state option...?
Hi! nice to talk to you again. :)

Kasia is a program which allows you to play a game of chess with another person over any TCP/IP connection (e.g. The Internet, or a local network.)

i don't use it but i think it will help you (i use playchess).
LordDune
Peon
Peon

Post by LordDune »

This practice should never be allowed in any online games. It promotes botting and other illegal activities if allowed.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

I strongly disagree with being able to buy ingame money for real money.
Lota
Peon
Peon

Post by Lota »

I agree with Ablu and LordDune. The simply idea of watching TMW becoming a pay-to-win game make me sick. Of course you don't make a huge business such as those we can see with big MMORPG, but that's the same way.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I will pay 1$ for 1 million GP
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Lota
Peon
Peon

Post by Lota »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:I will pay 1$ for 1 million GP
That's exactly what I meaned.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

LordDune wrote:This practice should never be allowed in any online games. It promotes botting and other illegal activities if allowed.
Agree, for example in Ragnarok (Chaos) ...without paying 7 to 15 USD monthly you are crap xD, ALL the maps that have good drops are full of bots, and the prices of the expensive stuff is insane.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Please do not use the main server for profit unless it directly benifits the project.
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

Agreed! No way should you pay real $$ for gp. And there are a lot more quests and activities for groups to do together now, no need for drop parties really. Just wait till you try the Ilia quest :twisted:

Oh, and I didnt know you but, welcome back.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

meway wrote:Please do not use the main server for profit unless it directly benifits the project.
Even if it directly benefits the project, it still should be against the rules. This is not a freemium game. The only exception would be when the admins ask for donations to buy new hardware needed to keep things going, but even then there should be absolutely zero in-game benefit (including zero vanity items or titles) for doing so.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Lota wrote:I agree with Ablu and LordDune. The simply idea of watching TMW becoming a pay-to-win game make me sick. Of course you don't make a huge business such as those we can see with big MMORPG, but that's the same way.
It already happened in the past, Immotev sold his accounts: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... it=immotev; tpoic subject and first post have been changed though, it was " Post subject: Selling my account lvl 98"

The personal data own to players, there is nothing anyone can do about it. The best is to let the topic run until it is forgotten and not bump it (sorrry for this one).
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Unfortunately there is really nothing the GMs or developers can do against real-money trade. When someone trades an expensive item or lots of money to someone else without receiving anything in return, there is no way for them to tell if a real-money transaction in the opposite direction has taken place. All they can do is to not support this directly. So, Jael RD, unfortunately
i only need the help of a GM for transactions
you will likely have to do without that.

By the way, I created a thread in Player Talk to discuss this topic: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... w=viewpoll
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.