3D intro or cutscene?

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Len
Knight
Knight

3D intro or cutscene?

Post by Len »

Is it possible to have a 3D intro (I'm almost certain it wouldn't be, but I thought I would ask anyways)?
Pixel Battalion
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: 3D intro or cutscene?

Post by meway »

I think if we did a pre rendered out scene and used the particle engine we could come up with a solution.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I don't think that it would be hard from the technical point of view to add video playback capabilities to the client.

But the question is: Would 3d-rendered videos fit into TMWs graphic style?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

I would rather play a rendered video instead of adding and maintaining 3d support to the client (which also brings a bunch of new dependencies)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You should check out the indy game "Bastion". It play great, looks great and 3dish, still something like this as a video would fit TMW :)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Len wrote:Is it possible to have a 3D intro (I'm almost certain it wouldn't be, but I thought I would ask anyways)?
I dislike any kind of presentation which could lead to a wrong idea of game content (japanime art, 3D ...)
This game has enough good artistic content (especially len's one) not to need this kind of subtlety.
Cutscene would be nice; and if kook gets enough good help, client will soon have a video feature.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

I did my best at making one

http://youtu.be/URH8YyRXZG4
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

2 utilities to record screen videos on linux platforms: video editor:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.