Nard says goodbye

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Nard says goodbye

Post by Nard »

split from http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=17261

Goodbye :roll:

Edit:
Please remove me as wiki admin and trello boards.
I may reconsider my position if this exegetic position from TMW changes.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Allow/switch to CC-BY-SA as license for graphics and sou

Post by Nard »

The contribs I made until this day are CC0 not GPL
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Nard wrote:The contribs I made until this day are CC0 not GPL
Which means they can be used under GPL. Also, anything already released as GPL can of course still be used as GPL.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Of course! I know how to read licenses!
one of my friends wrote:There was a discussion long ago about this licenses thing in a irc art channel and a guy said, "when you will be able to decompile my creativity and put it into source code then i will surely release my works under gpl, until then it's under something else :p"
I personally have NO care whether you quote my name or nick anywhere, and now I even prefer that you do not.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Nard says goodbye

Post by Crush »

I removed Nards administrator status from his wiki account as he requested.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:I removed Nards administrator status from his wiki account as he requested.
Thank you and thank you for the censor ship again. you show how you admit contradiction.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Nard wrote:split from http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 13&t=17261

Goodbye :roll:

Edit:
Please remove me as wiki admin and trello boards.
I may reconsider my position if this exegetic position from TMW changes.

Nard wrote:
Crush wrote:I removed Nards administrator status from his wiki account as he requested.
Thank you and thank you for the censor ship again. you show how you admit contradiction.

I dont understand whats happening here, Nard. Would you care to explain via PM?
sexy red bearded GM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I never Made a topic with that title. crush censored it from another topic and intentionally choosed the title to let suppose that I'd leave the game.
This is false
I just stop contributing in any form to TMW.org. I am just fed up with the bad faith of some "senior" contributors, and/or TMWC members, I am fed up to ask an admin to modify a line of php code and have to wait more that six months and it is not done, or to ask for a wiki update. I am fed up that fed up that senior "developers" pretend to know better things that I have been practicing for over 30 years... and many other things.

Btw thank you Crush, It took Bjorn more than 2 months to make me a wiki admin, you did it in less than a minute :lol:
One could probably think that I was not really appreciated. but NP.
edit Typos
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Crush wrote:Split some off-topic posts to http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =5&t=17365 - please do not derail this thread
If this thread derailed the responsible of it is the moderator
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote:[...]

url=http: //forums.themanaworld.org/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes&add=Nard Following this link may help.
@crush was this on topic?
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Question: what License does Gnu uses to protect it's pages content?
Answer:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.en.html wrote:This page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Copyright Infringement Notification

Updated: $Date: 2013/02/28 17:09:29 $
Question:Which license does Gnu recommend for free art or "other documents"?
Answer:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.en.html wrote:Licenses for Other Types of Works

We believe that published software and documentation should be free software and free documentation. We recommend making all sorts of educational and reference works free also, using free documentation licenses such as the GNU Free Documentation License (GNU FDL).

For essays of opinion and scientific papers, we recommend either theCreative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License, or the simple “verbatim copying only” license stated above.

We don't take the position that artistic or entertainment works must be free, but if you want to make one free, we recommend the Free Art License.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

It's not about what license we would like to use.

It's about what license we are legally able to use.

We do not own all the art we use; we are merely licensing it from its original artists.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I'm not a contributor (yet?) and can't say anything about the reason why Nard is fed up, but what is really shocking me somehow, is the way how a contributor gets treated when (s)he leaves - I'm speaking in general since this is not the first thread I read about such an issue.

I don't see a "let's talk about it again",
I don't see a "thank you the work you've done for TMW",
I don't see a "I feel sorry about our disagreements",
I don't see a "good luck for the future",
...I don't see any friendly words?

I only see something like "ok, you go, I deleted your rights, bye".

I'm getting worried reading this or similar threads.
If I really start contributing some things, will I be treated like this too?
Like being a nobody?

If you said friendly things in IRC or PM, please leave a few of those friendly word also in the forum to not make people think like I do now.

I don't mean to point my finger at anyone, even though it might look like I'm pointing at Jax and Crush, I mean everyone in the dev and/or administration.
Think about how the team gets noticed from outstanding people.

Small edit:
Don't get me wrong: I believe you guys are friendly - people reading this just don't get a chance to realize you are.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Nard, I will also write you a PM, but as I mentioned in above post, I also want to say "thanks" here.

Thanks for teaching me some things about the wiki and GitHub and for some nice discussions we had :wink:

I'm very happy you "only" leave the admin team and stay as a player.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Biquinho wrote:I'm not a contributor (yet?) and can't say anything about the reason why Nard is fed up, but what is really shocking me somehow, is the way how a contributor gets treated when (s)he leaves - I'm speaking in general since this is not the first thread I read about such an issue.
The problem is that whenever a thread happens, it's usually because that contributor is ragequitting. In this case, Nard is ragequitting after Crust deleted some spam posts that he tried to make to prove a (fallacious) point.
Biquinho wrote: I don't see a "let's talk about it again",
I don't see a "thank you the work you've done for TMW",
I don't see a "I feel sorry about our disagreements",
I don't see a "good luck for the future",
...I don't see any friendly words?
It's hard to do that since Nard has been very disruptive lately. He doesn't seem to be willing to talk about things; he's saying "do what I suggest, and screw the legal text".

We're certainly sad that there will now be less effort toward the wiki, but ... no amount of hard work can overcome his manner of departure.
Biquinho wrote:I only see something like "ok, you go, I deleted your rights, bye".
Nard did request that, and then immediately complained about it. I can't say this is really surprising, after the last few weeks.
Biquinho wrote:I'm getting worried reading this or similar threads.
If I really start contributing some things, will I be treated like this too?
Like being a nobody?
Just follow some simple rules:
  • If you post something for feedback, don't complain when we tell you what is wrong with it and how to fix it.
  • Don't try to break the law.
  • Don't disrupt our services to prove a point.
That's it, really.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.