The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Søren
Peon
Peon

Re: Censorship is the only thing that manages to thrive here.

Post by Søren »

Platyna wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 01:06 I wrote several posts in last two weeks, all relating to the topic, and each of them was deleted, nice. Looks like you want to prevent all of 5 active users from hearing the truth, for example how did you wasted years of my work. You can delete this too, but I will repost it.
You still feel hurt against the things who this people did to you? :lol:
Feel free to stop fighting, this game is more dead than this stupid conversation :D
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 01:06 I wrote several posts in last two weeks, all relating to the topic, and each of them was deleted, nice. Looks like you want to prevent all of 5 active users from hearing the truth, for example how did you wasted years of my work. You can delete this too, but I will repost it.
You made two posts within 5 minutes both containing a single sentence, I merged the two into one:
Platyna wrote: 13 Apr 2019, 20:55 "TMW is still alive." - a good one. :-D

All the years of my work down the drain, nothing to celebrate at all.
Nothing else was deleted according to logs. Except posts you deleted yourself.

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

I would dare to challenge statement about "5 users", on the ground of doing some funny measurements, etc.

Say, I've been sitting in the city and looking around. Some observation is that at least 1856 different in-game accounts were logging in within mentioned time frame. Likely more, I'm very likely missed something. This is # of unique accounts. They account for about 2697 different in-game characters.

Sure, some accounts are alts, I don't have access to IPs or other means to get idea how many "persons" are here. If I would assume same ratio as alts-per-account (~1.45), that would be over 1000 persons. Being pessimistic, assuming everyone is terrible alt-monger, creating 10+ accounts I would still expect well over 100 different persons visiting TMW within mentioned time frame. It seems TMW players just got busy. And/or now there are far more games to play in Linux, mobile games, etc - so it more challenging to gather significant # of ppl at same place at same time. Highest online count I've seen recently is 38. This does not includes bots - most of them are hidden from online list now.

I'm pretty sure it could be improved. Actually it have to be improved to be called "MMO"RPG. As example, "events" tend to attract plenty of ppl. As crazy batshit idea - if Platyna claims she is freakin' awesome "community manager", maybe there could be "event coordinator - limited edition" kind of persons? To give someone chance to showcase what they can as event coordinators, yet limiting damage due to misuse of sensitive commands, implying very limited amount of trust. But it could be really batshit idea. I guess it not going to work with Platyna, 99.9% she would prefer to excersize arrogance ("event coordinator JR" isn't for queen, eh?) and moan about past. However it could eventually get us few more of capable event coordinators and more fancy events. Just like event we had this weekend. Unfortunately it could also bring some troubles.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: The official server flamewar topic

Post by Platyna »

Haha, yeah, kick Steve Jobs out of his company and then complain that he doesn't want to be an accountant there. :-D You know what Apple did when they noticed that they are killing the company? They hired him back, apologized and did everything so he would want to work for them again, instead spreading urbi et orbi how horrible person he was. ;)
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

t3st3r, fun fact for you: Moubootaur Legends (a fork from TMW/Evol) counts with an automatic event System.

The justificative was: "We are too busy to make events ourselves".

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

t3st3r wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 02:38
I would dare to challenge statement about "5 users", on the ground of doing some funny measurements, etc.

Say, I've been sitting in the city and looking around. Some observation is that at least 1856 different in-game accounts were logging in within mentioned time frame. Likely more, I'm very likely missed something. This is # of unique accounts. They account for about 2697 different in-game characters.

Sure, some accounts are alts, I don't have access to IPs or other means to get idea how many "persons" are here. If I would assume same ratio as alts-per-account (~1.45), that would be over 1000 persons. Being pessimistic, assuming everyone is terrible alt-monger, creating 10+ accounts I would still expect well over 100 different persons visiting TMW within mentioned time frame. It seems TMW players just got busy. And/or now there are far more games to play in Linux, mobile games, etc - so it more challenging to gather significant # of ppl at same place at same time. Highest online count I've seen recently is 38. This does not includes bots - most of them are hidden from online list now.
t3st3r, Thank you for your comments.

Some how I feel the lower numbers are more do to rule changes, then Platynas cherub like demeanor.

On Platynas server you were allowed to play a number of alts at any time, just as long as you answered
when checked by a GM. Under the new rules, an individual can only collect xp on one alt at a time. Thus,
are numbers were going to dip as soon as the rule was implemented.

I think we have a great player base, and we have some great people working on the project. We are
100% self funded and have a true democracy.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 13:38 Haha, yeah, kick Steve Jobs out of his company and then complain that he doesn't want to be an accountant there. :-D You know what Apple did when they noticed that they are killing the company? They hired him back, apologized and did everything so he would want to work for them again, instead spreading urbi et orbi how horrible person he was. ;)
You can't claim to be the next Steve Jobs if you don't have anything to show for it. Go and outdo TMW, use your unparalleled genius to make a better game and drive us out of business. Then I'll accept your comparison. For now, I can think of a few people deserving of the title of Steve Jobs of The Mana World, and none of them is you.

TMW Team member

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

No Platyna - 3 players online, Platyna - 100 players online, No Platyna again - 5 players online - is it nothing? You people prefer to kill this project instead of giving back stolen data. It only shows your true colours.

Prsm, great player base, all four of them agree. :D
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote: 01 May 2019, 13:48 No Platyna - 3 players online, Platyna - 100 players online, No Platyna again - 5 players online - is it nothing? You people prefer to kill this project instead of giving back stolen data. It only shows your true colours.

15 winners in Sunday's event, and that's just the number of people who won a prize. I know you're smart enough, I'm surprised your maths is so poor.

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote: 01 May 2019, 13:48 No Platyna - 3 players online, Platyna - 100 players online, No Platyna again - 5 players online - is it nothing? You people prefer to kill this project instead of giving back stolen data. It only shows your true colours.

if you are insinuating that you bring players to the game, explain this:

themanaworld.net = Platyna, dead for 3 years!
before that 0 players on line for 3 years!
If Platyna = more players, why did you server die?

Your logic is flawed, and normally it is.
Platyna does not equal players ........ enough said!
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Platyna wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 13:38 Haha, yeah, kick Steve Jobs out of his company and then complain that he doesn't want to be an accountant there. :-D
When it happens to persons of Jobs scale, outcome would usually be restart of (often new) shiny company, by same powerful person(s), taking it as chance to fix errors and do it again, better than ever. That's one of ways we learn who is who. Learn Apple history, lol. In your case I've only seen arrogance, stupid manipulation attempts and utter ignorance of "instrumental" data I've posted (I have funstuff video proofs either :D). I expect a bit more from wannabe-Jobs. So if you care of excersizing your ego more than about wellbeing of community, fine with me, let's assume idea is totally unworkable and scrap it. Somehow I'm not surprised at all, your stupid arrogance makes it predictable. But well, at least you've got very funny forum status that fits you so well :D. Still what you're trying to achieve? I think it pretty clear most ppl aren't ok with your dictatorship. Those who thought otherwise had each and every chance to use your server and prove it the other way, no? But it seems it wasn't huge success.
jesusalva wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 18:29t3st3r, fun fact for you: Moubootaur Legends (a fork from TMW/Evol) counts with an automatic event System. The justificative was: "We are too busy to make events ourselves".
Devs could be too busy for conducting events and not necessarily have good "sense" of community, eventually managing to do things that aggravate players a lot. That's probably why I think it better to keep Event Coordinators as separate group of persons who proven to be actually fit their roles. In TMW most realistic example could be Crew of Red Corsair "avatar" and Rill behind it - not because of words, but because of deeds. I hope over time few more persons could eventually be found, offloading Rill a bit and allowing more complex&funny events to be assembled, including some sockpupetting of avatars, playing some pre-planned scenarios, etc. I bet it could be fun (seen that in other games and liked it, failing to see reasons why TMW should lack that).

As for automatic/scripted/timed events, they do not replace custom "manual" events, rather complement them. "Manual" events could be relatively unique one-time adventures, arranged with relative ease compared to coding it all, testing and debugging. And if something turns unexpected during actual event progress, alive ECs could improvise and adjust to actual situation. This said, decent technical part could add up quite a lot, making events more interesting.

As for rules vs # of players, I'm not sure how to estimate amount of simultaneous alts on old server, ages ago. Either way I do think just moaning about past leads nowhere - so it's better to look into the future and find ways to improve it for this little but nice community.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote: 01 May 2019, 14:55

if you are insinuating that you bring players to the game, explain this:

themanaworld.net = Platyna, dead for 3 years!
before that 0 players on line for 3 years!
If Platyna = more players, why did you server die?

Your logic is flawed, and normally it is.
Platyna does not equal players ........ enough said!
Better to have flawed logic than no logic at all. Stole someone's data, redirect the only known domain, refuse to add the original server to the server's list in the client, ask why their server died. It would be hilarious. I will not comment about bragging that FIFTEEN people got prizes in the event on the server that has 0-3 players online. This is even more hilarious, it is square root of hilarious. It only shows why you killed the project, you basically have no trace of self-criticism and you lost your grasp with reality long time ago (when you preferred to rule over the community, which is something you suck at, instead of coding, which was something you were good at). The difference is intentions - I want to do something fun and pleasant for people, you needed confirmation of your worth in an online game. People tend to sense the intentions like shark sense the blood, and they voted with their legs. Hell, you people couldn't even cooperate for few months without me. Now this is god-damn cube root of hilarious. I know you will never, ever let this project live, as you will repent and hand the domain and unauthorized copy of the data, but at least its end will bring some fun. What is even more hilarious, on an astronomical level, is that it was possible because I have put the good of the project over my own (including the data security), to prevent this project from being abandoned while I had limited time resources. It was first and the only case I ever gave access to my account to someone else, but I had a choice - trust you or risk killing the project.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Gm Event May 26th 18:00 game time

Post by Platyna »

So many enthusiastic replies of vibrant community, that just can't wait to participate. :-)
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

You avoided the question! You said people played because of you, so why didn't they
follow you after the move?

Thank you for admitting your logic is flawed ........ only took 6 years!

Just a reality check also, i wasn't part of the move, I don't know how to code,
and everyone that was part of the move is gone! I didn't boast that 15 people
won prizes. You are not even aware of who you are talking to ........... You
are ranting and raving like a lunatic, seek help!

Prsm

3 footnotes
1) I wasnt part of the move, but I agreed with it.
2) You were added to the client (the manaworld.net Polish server), You became
belligerent and abusive to 4144 over this name,so he refused to work with you and
took your name off. Its his client, he can do that.
3) i am not in charge here, never have been, I am just a Gm.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=12&p=158613#p158613 .
Platyna, this is the second warning. You are being given a lot of leniency here specifically because of how easy it is for you to call something oppressive and claim you're being censored. I am once again reminding you that your trolling isn't welcome. The next post like this will incur a permanent forum ban. You are obviosuly welcome to post something of a different tone or if you have nothing else to say you can continue to post in the flamewar thread, to which this post has now been moved from Player Talk.
Please, give me "a lot of leniency" and warn me next time, if you are going to write something like that, as my screen is not beer-proof. :twisted: