[Pass] Melkior for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Melkior to become a GM?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 49
Hrvoje
Peon
Peon

[Pass] Melkior for GM

Post by Hrvoje »

My dear fellow peasants, I'm kindly asking you to consider electing our brother Melkior to be a GM. I honestly thing he would be good GM, and here are some of my reasons you will hopefully share.

Melkior is an old player. He was standing on the beach watching Hurnscald raising from the sea. And he didn't blink.

He is an active player. And he actually plays, not levels. There's a difference. Even I outlevel him, and I'm a noob.

He's a grown up. He will not burst into flames easily, and if he does there'll sure be a good reason for that.

He's IT guy. He knows difference between that box that goes beep and flashes green and red sometimes and that another box that does just the same but has some different letters on it and has an antenna. And wires. I don't.

He is patient with noobs. If it wasn't for him I'd still be smashing worms in Tulim with a knife thinking it's a great game.

I've never seen him or heard that he has been unfair, or scammed anyone. Or he's damn good at it, dunno.

He likes cookies. Give him some when you see him, that'll make him happy.

And last but not least, he knows fashion. He's really into it. Many don't know that he's well known has Fashion Cat. Some might say this is irrelevant, but think again, is it? Would you trust a GM who can not match colours of his tank top and socks? Or wear pink skirt and red cotton boots? I don't think so.

Seriously, he'd be great GM.

If anyone has something to add, please do.

See you ingame!
me noob, hev het?
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Re: Melkior for GM

Post by Dyna »

I voted yes...I mean it's pretty obvious I would. I've know Melkior for 7 years now and I can safely say that I wouldn't start a revolution against him being a GM.

Now...as long as he gets a nice sturdy desk and an office with a door... :alt-7:
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Nice person, reasonable, not too serious, likes trees. Voted yes!

TMW Team member

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I support, he's a kind and serious player, that's what the community need in this time.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Oliuki Otiuki
Peon
Peon

Post by Oliuki Otiuki »

Good idea! Mel is really nice guy - decent, polite, kind, friendly, compassionate... poet, artist... *cough* :alt-0:
Psychodelic
Novice
Novice

Melkior for GM

Post by Psychodelic »

I vote yes

good luck Melkior :)

Depredador
League Of Legends
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I find myself in an unusual situation, for numerous reasons. But I'll list those later.

First of all, I really have to thank Hrvoje for this rather unorthodox nomination topic. If nothing else, it provided a really good laugh while making me blush at the same time. Thank you, Hrvoje.

And while I'm on the topic of thanking people, I must thank everyone who's shown support for me, as well as those of you that might do so in the future.

As for those who voted no... *goes looking for a certain Liam Neeson quote*

Seriously, though, thank you for voting, regardless of how you decide to vote. I think it's fairly important to make decisions about this game when you're given a chance to do so.

While I'm certainly honoured to be nominated, like I mentioned, it's an unusual experience for me.

I had left this game, a fairly long time ago, and thought I'd never be back. But here I am. I used to clash a lot with the old crowd who was running the game at that time and I even disagreed with this method of choosing GMs, back when it was first introduced. So, that's why I never expected to be nominated for a GM.

But I'd like to think my time away from the game gave me a different perspective on certain things, and at the same time certain things here have changed as well. There's a different group in charge, and I think it's for the better. I like where this game is going, and I'd like to help. And I have to admit, I was wrong when I opposed the polls for picking GMs, as they obviously seem to work.

Now a little bit about me... I'm 27 years old and I live in Croatia. If you don't know where that is, that's fine, most people don't. What is important about that fact is that I'm in the CET (GMT+1) timezone, and I'm on at odd hours. I think I could help with providing TMW with a 24/7 GM coverage.

I've been playing this game for a very long time, close to 7 years now, and while I have more than one character, most of my in-game time is spent as Melkior. I'd like to believe I know this game well and I don't mean just the mechanics, but also the social dynamics.

I won't do Crush's GM wannabe questionnaire unless someone specifically asks me to do so. While I think it's a decent questionnaire, I don't think it'll provide you with any tangible info about me.

If you've never heard of me, or want to know more about me, you're free to contact me here (via PMs), in-game or on IRC. You'll find me under the name Melkior in all those places.

Thank you for your support.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Voted yes, also on behalf of Grim cause he doesn't have a forum account. (could this be considered 2 votes :alt-9: )
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

nothing personal but voted No :roll:
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I don't know Melkior personally but the times I have seen him online we already have GMs online. We don't need another GM on for this time frame IMO.

Voted no for now but may change later on.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Chicka-Maria wrote:I don't know Melkior personally but the times I have seen him online we already have GMs online. We don't need another GM on for this time frame IMO.

Voted no for now but may change later on.

regards,
Chicka
This is the list of active GMs. 5 out of 6 are in America, one is in Europe. Another european GM is exactly what we need.

TMW Team member

Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

Hrvoje wrote: And last but not least, he knows fashion. He's really into it. Many don't know that he's well known has Fashion Cat. Some might say this is irrelevant, but think again, is it? Would you trust a GM who can not match colours of his tank top and socks? Or wear pink skirt and red cotton boots? I don't think so.
And that is the only reason I will vote YES! WE need more GMs that can match awesome clothes together!!!!!

(Now my real reason) I think he can be a great addition to the GM team, I like Melkior, I know he was not active for a long time, but since he returned to the game he is online everyday and he already catched up with the latest changes in game, I think we can work really well with him. He has a great attitude and is really polite with other players, he has a mature head on his shoulders and as I said I think he will be great as GM.
Also
.:WildX:. wrote:This is the list of active GMs. 5 out of 6 are in America, one is in Europe. Another European GM is exactly what we need.
And that list is outdated, a few members are not so active lately due to personal things, so we are 3 "daily" active GMs lately and we will be very happy to have another active GM in European time zones. Being from Croatia for me is a plus, he can be online in hours we can´t be.

So a yes from me. :)
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Another European GM is a great idea, Melkior seems to fit the bill.

He has got my support.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Slimor
Peon
Peon

Post by Slimor »

veryape wrote:Another European GM is a great idea, Melkior seems to fit the bill.

He has got my support.
thats the mayor issue i voted yes too :)
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I give Melkior 2 thumbs up, i feel he would make a fine GM!
The time zone is also another bonus.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!