Thank you and good luck

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Thank you and good luck

Post by Frost »

I have enjoyed playing Mana World for the past 3 years. For the last 18 months, I have enjoyed being able to use my sysadmin and organizational skills to give back a little to this wonderful project and its unique community of people.

Over the past few months, I have reluctantly concluded that my ideas and efforts are neither desired by those making decisions nor effective in steering those decisions.

I officially resign from all duties as TMW admin.

I apologize to GMs, players, and everyone else whose interests I have tried to represent.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Thank you and good luck

Post by veryape »

This is very sad news imho :alt-4:

Thank you for all your effort that you have put into this project, you will be greatly missed!

Hope this does not mean that you won't stop by and say hi in-game. Hopefully it might give you some more time to play and fool around in game.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Ahm... what the hell do you think you are doing? yeah i knew it was coming but i hoped you would change your mind.
I am sad to hear that you are doing it especially at times like this, when you feel that players will is less represented in tmwc. yeah i read some bad feedback you got from other tmwc members and i can believe it became a pain being a part of tmwc when people dont appreciate your moves or what you say.

however i do feel you represented the players view more than few other people in tmwc and that we need you more than ever to fight windmills for us. :alt-7: i feel the same thing about melkior leaving his role as GM, maybe its time for more radical cahnges rather than just leave. one idea i've heard already from Chayenne is to dump the hidden channel of tmwc and leave hidden channel just for GM's. so you people of tmwc maybe will stop throwing mud at each other when you know players can see what you say about each other. this way maybe new idea's will get their proper place amongst our community and the dev channel can be more productive.

I hope its not a goodbye i would love to play alongside you again. now you can become a grumpy player like me and complain on the forums, it doesn't have any effect anyway when you do it as player.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

You were a very good GM and were nice to me. Hope you find enjoyment in whatever you choose to spend your time on. :alt-3:
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

take care frost, we'll sure miss you! :alt-4:
end of line.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

Very sad to see it come to this. You have contributed so much and been an appreciated advocate of players. Hope to see you in game as a player soon.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

:alt-4: Too sad for words.
Last edited by Rill on 03 Dec 2013, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

I'm not going to pull any punches.

As a community manager under Platyna's thumb, you were amazing. Maybe you didn't like it, but she brought out the best in you. You did a spectacular job with your admin skills and charisma, and your ego was kept in check by a strong boss. Best of all worlds, at least for you.

You had a pivotal role in the transition. Only you had a combination of the sysadmin know-how, the trust and control-access from Platyna to pull it off, and the charisma and leadership capital you had built up with the community over the years, to pull everyone together (both new blood, and old returning dev giants from the dawn of time), united in a common goal for change.

I think this is something you need to answer for. Your ego got away from you. Without a boss, you felt free to threaten and intimidate those who opposed you. Your dark side came out, even as your veneer of sweetness easily hid it from those who did not want to see what you had become. Power corrupts. And it corrupted you.

How it is better now than under Platyna, if you (Frost), and Jenalya, and Melkior, and Nard all have to leave the project? Where is the non-threatening freedom to enjoy, to play, to create, that you promised us?

I'm not saying any of this to be bitter or mean ... just honest. Maybe there are some insights here that you can take with you that will help you in your next projects and goals, and some mention of your shortcomings will help you more than candied words. You have a lot of skills and a lot of potential, and the your biggest obstacle to true greatness ... is you.

Good luck on whatever you pursue next. I wish you only happiness and success in your future endeavors, both for yourself, and for those you influence. Godspeed.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

As expected. I do hope you aren't leaving us as a player Frosty...don't let this cloud or bitter you over the game. At least join those of us waiting to see if/when it falls into flames and when/if it does...I'll be the first to hand you a marshmallow and we can sing Kumbaya. Gives you something to giggle about once you have escaped the stress and the mess.

If not...well I know where I can poke you.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Frost,

You are the best!!!!

Thank you for all you have made for TMW and I wish you a better future. Hoping you will stay in game as a player!

Your friend/votre amie,

Johanne
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

The world is colder without Frost and our tears freeze for Frosty like that of a Yeti's
by our Celtic bards Qwerty the Dragon & Shain the Shining
:alt-4:
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Good luck to you as well.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I really hope I don't have to say "bye" and you will stay as a player :(

Sorry for what happened Frosty, the result didn't come unexpected but it's very sad it came like this...

Thank you for all you've done for TMW!
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

thanks for the time spent on this project and the time you spent on helping me reach goals and become a mapper / developer for TMW.

I wish you only the best in life.

regards tux
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

It’s sad to see you leave, but we just have to respect your decision.

Thank you for all the effort you've put into this project, but especially a BIG thank you for all the enormous help you always showed to the GM team. You helped us solve many situations and without you in the team I can say that GM will have a much harder work now.
Thanks again for everything. I hope this is not a definitive goodbye and that you ll visit us when you can :wink:

(To finish, for those who are waiting to throw "fireworks" when/if this ends badly, I’m sorry, but we don’t need players like that)