Melkior for GM [does not want to be a TMWC member anymore]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Melkior to become a GM?

yes
59%
no
41%

Total votes: 27
Nard
Knight
Knight

Melkior for GM [does not want to be a TMWC member anymore]

Post by Nard »

[quote="Melkior]I am too old to be fighting windmills, and too tired to throw myself into a revolution
[...]
This gets to you after a while. I'm very passionate about things I like[/quote]
erm... being passionate is rather a nice quality :roll: It does not imply that you're infallible, but who makes no error?
Maybe under the actual circumstances, this poll would give Melkior's opinion a different weight. I am personally sure that I do not agree with all his decisions, What I am also sure about is that he is deeply honest... and I am a fan of Don Quixote.
Now I can vote for you, I missed the preceding one.

Nota bene: Sockpuppeteers not welcome even with a proxy.
I checked "Allow re-voting" and specified 0 days, but I disagree with those rules.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Re: Melkior for GM

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

We all know that Melkior has proven to be a good Gm.

So I vote yes again.

Hoping you'll accept again :)
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
pimealika
Newly Registered User

Post by pimealika »

Would vote yes because he already shoved himself as capable of doing stuff GM.

*Evil*
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Well, he clearly doesn't want the job, so another poll is rather useless. But if it helps to show him that he isn't as unwanted as he may think he is...

Voted yes :)

TMW Team member

mumen1
Peon
Peon

Post by mumen1 »

i will vote yes, because melkior its a good gm .
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Post by thusmark »

Well, I can't vote because of the 20 post thing, but I would've voted yes. Maybe he doesn't want to be a GM, but I can surely show that I liked his role in that post.

*grumbles* Got to spam some threads to get the right to vote *grumbles*
oddshocks
Newly Registered User

Post by oddshocks »

I also can't vote in the poll but I offer my +1 on this matter. Melkior seems like a good dude and has been a successful GM in the past.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

.:WildX:. wrote:Well, he clearly doesn't want the job, so another poll is rather useless. But if it helps to show him that he isn't as unwanted as he may think he is...
If the poll is not sockpuppetted by @&# cheaters :roll:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

Really whatever for me... but voted yes
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

On the off chance this actually goes through (which is highly doubtful, but better to err on the side of caution), I respectfully request this topic be locked as I have no intention of being a part of TMWC again.

As there is a candidate actually interested in the position, your time will be much better spent in this thread.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

melkior wrote:On the off chance this actually goes through (which is highly doubtful, but better to err on the side of caution),.
If you're interested to see if it has a chance, then don't ask to lock it :? Now you're dismiss and the reasons why you did it makes you in my opinion, the best possible candidates.
Antoine Houdar de La Motte wrote:C'est un grand agrément que la diversité :
Nous sommes bien comme nous sommes.
Donnez le même esprit aux hommes,
Vous ôtez tout le sel de la société.
L'ennui naquit un jour de l'uniformité.

(original is a poem)
What a great thing is diversity:
we are good as we are.
Give the same mind to people,
you remove all the salt from society
boredom was born some day from uniformity
edit: I hope some changes could result from it. If not I seriously doubt that TMW has any future.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I voted no. His behavior was increasingly hostile in general, towards the committee and towards individuals within it. What changes were made were never satisfactory and his opinion of other leaders is very low. If he didn't step down soon, I would've requested he be removed.

To Nard, people need to be able to work with TMWC to be on it. Constant drama, strife and divisiveness is not why people volunteer large portions of their life to making this game happen. Those that can't get along with TMWC aren't wrong, but at a certain point if they can't work with others, they need to move on.
Current character is "Abolish".
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Why are you even voting on a poll that I requested be locked? Or do I not have the same rights as other candidates who aren't interested in the position and cannot request locking the topic?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

melkior wrote:Why are you even voting on a poll that I requested be locked? Or do I not have the same rights as other candidates who aren't interested in the position and cannot request locking the topic?
Hello melkior.

Sorry for missing your post. I will lock this thread now.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.