[PASS] veryape for GM!!!!!!

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

veryape for GM?

yes
92%
no
8%

Total votes: 51
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[PASS] veryape for GM!!!!!!

Post by SriNitayanda »

Dear comrades of tmw i want you to consider veryape as our future GM.
reasons i want you to consider veryape as a GM are: veryape is a mature, experienced player he plays for over a year now know the game mechanics quests etc...
He is from sweden, can cover European zone hours as GM.
what i love most about veryape is that his native language is swedish which can really help the GM team with our growing community of swedes inside the... ahm stole it from another poll seems irrelevant here.

Anyway for real reasons, last flamewars show that there is a gap of communication between the devs and the players, i think veryape will be good to fill this gap cause he is in good terms with everyone. i know or think he actually considered to nominate me, but oh well i got history with some players, something veryape doesn't have.
I think he'll do good bringing the concerns of the players to the dev team as a constructive feedback and can explain new changes to the players in a soothing way.

Besides i think he can be a good day to day GM, keeping the rules spying on botters, giving advices to new players etc...
He might not be a terminator like Silent Dawn or Prsm, but he is more talkative than Silent Dawn and more active as player than Prsm. which are traits that can help fill the gap.

I know he was sitting on the fence on this, so i thought to suprise him with an actual poll here see how it goes, might encourage him to take the job.

As a side note i know there is a renomination of Melkior i just didn't hear melkior yet about it, so i am being impertinent and suggesting veryape as our new representative in tmwc.

Edit: with a poll, god damn you were faster than me, i already edited it noticed my mistake. (great and now typos, more typos)
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 04 Dec 2013, 22:58, edited 5 times in total.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: veryape for GM!!!!!!

Post by o11c »

You need to actually make a poll. Please read the rules of this forum.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

I always wanted to work with an ape, a chimp! but since i can´t i will cope with this Swedish ape.
I know ape for a year now, good guy, very very active player with a good leveled head on his shoulders so nothing less than a yes from me :D
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

All bias aside, veryape has all the qualities needed for an excellent GM and more. Well said by Nita, I agree with every word. Voting YES!
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Well I think it is time to chime in.

It is true that I was on the fence and i was actually about to nominate another player that I think have all the treats that would be useful as a GM and were quite surprised to hear that I had been nominated.

After a bit of thinking I am now prepared to say that I would gladly take on the job if I pass the poll. You may not know me by this name, but I also play a lot under different names, check my signature for those characters.

I would also like to point out that if I become a GM i will still try to contribute to the project in the same fashion as before (irregularly and as a happy amateur).

Finally a few things that I think you guys should know.

*I am a member of the Phoenix Council guild. (Some people may or may not know this and some people are concerned that this guild is looking to influence the game, I don't agree with this but then again i might be biased. I think it should be out in the open so people can take this into consideration when casting their vote.)

*If I am voted to become a GM i will start a new character for gm-duties and try to level him as a noob would, the reasoning behind this is that I would like to see the game from their perspective (it was a long time ago now I leveled my first char and memory is short).

And finally the questionnaire.

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

Try to point them in the right directions also tell them about the wiki, tell them about Hurnscald and maybe help them out for a while if I have the time.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

No-one gets anything. Also I do think that gm's cannot spawn any items anymore.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:

1. Scamming (as in trying to get hold of account/password information etc.
2. Insults. I will not stand by if someone is called names also this kind of behavior and Scamming needs to be caught in the act for me as a GM to be able to do something about it.
3. Botting, Also needs to be caught in the act, but someone who bots probably won't do it only for a short period of time and i will probably be able to catch them botting 10-15 minutes later or on another day.
4. Spam
5. Not speaking english in public

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

Try to reason with the player, explain my actions and the rules. If they don't listen and continue to Insult me it is a rule breaking offence and I will act accordingly. Stomp down my authority with a kick and then continue with a time-limited ban if the insults do not stop.

And finally if you have any questions feel free to ask me either on the forums (not this thread, it is not a discussion thread) or in the game. If you do vote, please state why you voted as you did, especially if you vote no. This might help other people make up their minds and see pros and cons.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I have never had a problem with veryape and he has always been respectful towards me and other players. I voted yes, Good luck :)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Voted yes. Usual reasons to vote yes... and Sweden.
SriNitayanda wrote:his native language is swedish which can really help the GM team with our growing community of swedes
All Swedes speak English. Sweden knows what's up.

TMW Team member

melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I think veryape will fit right in with the current GM team.
Silent Dawn
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Silent Dawn »

I know veryape since a few months now and he has always been friendly, helpful and coolheaded.
He knows the rules and he is very active which is a good bonus.
I dont think i would have problems working with him on the same team.
I have no reasons to say "no" to this poll.
Good luck :D
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I voted yes. I don't know him well personally, but his answers to the questionnaire were decent and I do know he is a contributor and so would seem to be able to act well both as a GM and as a committee member (understanding the effort of content creators and programmers is a plus in my book). He's conducted himself well on IRC and seemed to be able to communicate easily with everyone there when I was active on it.
Current character is "Abolish".
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

veryape wrote:If you do vote, please state why you voted as you did [...]
I first met veryape when he was a member of CRC. While I believe ape to be tech savvy, I have found that he is also down-to-earth and easily approachable, with a willingness to help others. These are the reasons why I voted “yes”.

Good luck to you, ape!
tmwTroLL007
Novice
Novice

Post by tmwTroLL007 »

i hope you do well as a gm ive sure enjoyed my play time with you oe wommy you need to play more also your ch icon looks like a poop crackhead loves cousin hahaha
verdo
Peon
Peon

Post by verdo »

I've known veryape for a while now and have had many conversations and have gotten to know him quite well, he has always been a thoughtful, respectable and understanding person who cares about the game but also the players and the people who work very hard to keep this game going. He is also easy to talk with, a good listener, can bring some good points to the conversation and can keep his cool (I've never seen him get angry or abusive) which is, in my opinion, necessary to do a job well done with this kind of responsibility. He is also on quite a bit, a lot actually....which isn't a bad thing :p

I voted yes.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

veryape is one of the most helping people anyway and about his personality I think everything was already said :alt-3:
His personality is the right one for becoming a GM without a doubt, also he has a lot of experience and is located in Europe (Sweden <3 ).
He sees things from a player's view even while contributing to the project.

This was a very easy "yes" :wink:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

bump, 15 more yes votes guys :D
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.