[TEST] Testing 043-4

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

[TEST] Testing 043-4

Post by Kazenawa »

For now, I've tested the place with an archer level 70 (to be on the middle of the range), with those stats :
  • Str : 1
  • Agi : 61 = 57 + 4
  • Vit : 1
  • Int : 1
  • Dex : 100=96+4
  • Luk : 2=1+1
I equiped the following :
  • Forest Bow
  • Arrows
  • Cat Ears
  • Forest Armor
  • Terranite Legs
  • Cotton Boots
  • Four-Leaf Clover
Overall, this set would be the one of an alt, confident with archery-hunting, at a level where he should normally be able to hunt there.

What I have noticed :
  • Some ways are very tight : for sure it is designed for a group, and not a single player.
  • Trolls hit really hard, they crit me with 255 damages... However, they don't attack if they're not annyoned, and they're slow. That's why I suppose those crits aren't a real problem, they just add a small amount of difficulty, which is not bad.
What stunned me...
  • are the undead witches... They have a lot of hp (around 5000) and a short attack delay. Moreover, they have a ranged attack. Honestly, for a new player playing an archer here without the mallard's eye, I'm sure they'll be a real pain.

Summary :
  • It is definitely a place to go in with a team
  • Undead Witches seems to be a bit overpowered in my opinion, but I was alone
  • I have tested it alone with an archer. I think it has to be tested in group composed of different classes.

Finally, I really like the idea behind it. It will oblige people to act like a team and it adds an intermediate difficulty grinding place, which was greatly missing.
With such a place, GY's difficulty could be increased a bit, though disabling mob penning is controversial.
It finally adds a "safe" place to kill Terranites, so we won't hear moanings from Terranite Caves slaughters (anyway in my opinion Terra Cave have been designed for this).

Edit :
Another crucial point I have forgotten :
  • It will bring players to Tulimshare... This is excellent for newcomers : they will see that they're not alone...
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: [TEST] Testing 043-4

Post by Cassy »

Sorry, I think there was a little misunderstanding from our side.
043-4 itself is finished, yes, but the mob_db is outdated -> the mobs have the wrong stats at the moment.

In general I'm afraid I couldn't and can't test anything from server-data on my local machine before it went/goes on the test server at the moment :?
This makes things a bit more complicated for me, but together with you guys we will find our way to make this area suitable for level ~60-80 ;)

Changes I already made and just need to be updated on the test server:
Kazenawa wrote: Trolls hit really hard, they crit me with 255 damages... However, they don't attack if they're not annyoned, and they're slow. That's why I suppose those crits aren't a real problem, they just add a small amount of difficulty, which is not bad.
I changed following things for the Troll:
  • Troll: mode from 137 (friendly, assisting) to 133 (aggressive)
  • Troll: raising HP from 2100 to 2900 (also gives more EXP)
  • Troll: element from 25 (poison) to 20 (neutral)
The bold part in your quote was my target.
Archers and mages hopefully don't have too much problems due to ranged attacks, warriors should get a bit damage, but not too much (e.g. Skeletons on graveyard).
This is hard for guess for me, especially because warriors have very different VIT stats on this levels.
Please check after the update (we will announce it of course) if the damage is too high.
(I will check too of course)
Kazenawa wrote: What stunned me...
  • are the undead witches... They have a lot of hp (around 5000) and a short attack delay. Moreover, they have a ranged attack. Honestly, for a new player playing an archer here without the mallard's eye, I'm sure they'll be a real pain.
Agreed and therefore I already changed yesterday:
  • Undead Witch: Range reduced from 4 to 3
  • Undead Witch: Speed reduced (=increased) from 650 to 550
  • Undead Witch: Adelay increased from 750 to 1500
Important are range 4 -> 3 and making her attack half as fast as before.
Yet I increased her walking speed a bit since she was slow as a snail.
Warriors shouldn't have a problem with her: LUK40 isn't much and her damage output (50-110) is even weaker than the one of Green Slimes (80-120).
With range 3 archers and mages should be able to kill her without getting hit... when there is no lag and/or other mobs interfering.
So please check after the update how strong she is then, I'm still a bit worried about her.

Btw her base HP are 4200, but mutation strenght is 30% on two attributes ;)
Kazenawa wrote: Another crucial point I have forgotten :
  • It will bring players to Tulimshare... This is excellent for newcomers : they will see that they're not alone...
Yeah, I loved tux9th's idea to place it there :D
Also as you already pointed out I placed to Terranites there (3 minutes respawn time).

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for this first Feedback ♥
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Agent Killer
Peon
Peon

Test Server 043-4 Mapping Error

Post by Agent Killer »

hiya

I just tested the map and i saw this bug.fix it. 043-4 159 , 111

Regards.
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_5.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_5.png (285.3 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Test Server 043-4 Mapping Error

Post by tux9th »

fixed. will be on the testing server somewhen later.

what did you think of the map?

please merge this with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17940
Agent Killer
Peon
Peon

Post by Agent Killer »

tux9th wrote: what did you think of the map?
The map is great but it would be better if steps go from easy to hard (with monsters)
like first step with those fire monsters (many of them)
next step more skeletons,terranites etc but just like that.

Regards.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Now the test server has the server-data I mentioned in my previous post, so please have fun testing and giving us your feedback :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I tested with level 61 archer. 87+3 dex, 52+3 agility, nothing else, speed focus. Equipment forest bow, forest armor jeans shorts, cat ears.

I agree with AK on this, the map needs to have difficulty level increasing as you go deeper, there are bunch of mobs on entrance that really make it hard for a newbie to enter there. there is also a need for a safe place to pull back if u need to rest a minute to heal, maybe even a place like caretakers house in gy where you can go afk for few minutes if you need. this map is quite far from nearby soul menhir.

The snakes, spiders scorpions that are scattered around make it hard for an archer to dodge attacks, i got hit more by spawns of this mobs than anything else, yeah they are only "weaker mobs" but still with 1 vit they make 60-70 dmg. at the end i died only at entrance. but i used more healing than i used to leveling other characters on other maps. i think the number of the weaker mob needs to be decreased. maybe converting them to strong mobs, 5 spiders - to one witch or something like this.

Cause of the the behavior of undead witch i barely killed any, keeping distance from them (not to get hit) attacking the nearest mob mostly made them get out of my range and roam around in other part of the room. idk if its how you meant it to be its just how i experienced it. also a bit more dex wouldn't hurt her.

Also there is a strange behavior on testing when you try to change character it says: "Request quit denied" :alt-2: and doesn't let you switch character only when you change server and log back in.

I tested it mostly alone, but i think small group of archers will experience it also.
Anyway liked it as is, just saying what i think will make it better.

Cheers.
Last edited by SriNitayanda on 09 Dec 2013, 02:04, edited 2 times in total.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

SriNitayanda wrote:Also there is a strange behavior on testing when you try to change character it says: "Request quit denied" :alt-2:
Is this within a short time (10 seconds?) after you connect? Otherwise, :alt-2:
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

hmmm... i guess it is didn't notice it.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I just tried out the new maps as a lvl 70 tank alongside nitaya as a archer/healer.

The stats i used was: str 26, agi 50, vit 60, int 1, dex 50 and 45 luck. And the equipment I used was setzer, warlord helmet, steel shield, warlord chest and chaps and fur boots.

My initial impressions were that the trolls are cute as hell, but damn to they hit hard. For two people there is a problem dealing with them in many spots because they respawn really fast and stacks me. along with the other mobs they just kill my defence. However the xp was really nice and right in the middle ground that I think that were the aim here, around 4-5k/minute.

My only real concern is that the witches have really low dex and miss me a lot of the time, they are easy for me as a tank to dispatch and when they do hit me they barely give me bruises (like 1-5 damage). The trolls are easy for the archer to take care of, so with the right type of teamplay it works quite well. Also the low damage might be a must so that the lower level archers would have a hard time surviving otherwise, but make them hit more regularly i'd say. So that they at least lower the defense even if their hits are not especially noticeable.

I think that it might be a good idea to have pathways without much else spawning so you can drag off a troll and team it down and then go for another, much as people do with terranites in the terra cave. I also like the idea of if being progressively harder the longer you enter. Maybe also have something like a old "miners camp kitchen" or something to retreat to when you need to take a short break also as mentioned above - something similar to the house on the gy.

Also if it got progressively harder the level of players would set the limit for how deep the playing party is going atm, so they can stay in a level that is at their max capacity, and when more people join in on the fight they can penetrate longer into the cave complex.

Also the lower experienced players that stay at the start of the cave will see higher level players swish thru to go fight terranites or whatever and that way we can make higher level/lower level players mix and talk to each other a bit more etc.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Undead Witch feels forced in there without any other undead mobs. Terranite Mob feels the same way.
I'd drop the spiders and keep the Snakes & Black Scorpions. Focus more on the Troll mob as primary cave spawn.
Make the Troll like the terranite of that cave. You can recolor the Troll as well.

The Undead Witch would work good for the catacombs map idea Strealyn had.

Also help place an validate 032-3
I'd suggest making 032 and 043 "the other side of the mountain from Pachua.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Agent Killer
Peon
Peon

Post by Agent Killer »

Also about Undead Witch
The drop rate for iron powders is 1% it would be better if it changes to 3%

Regards
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I still have more frames to add to the troll, but it's workable now (minus the blue fire particle attack breath that needs to be added).
Speaking of things that need some particles and can be recolored... the component version of the mushrooms is in a state where it can create new mushroom mobs.
https://trello.com/c/tRZfn50y/380-mushr ... ent-sheets

Just an example... it could be anything else if it's helpful for this.

<monster id="???" name="Deep Shroom">
<sprite>monsters/accessories/mushroom-base1.xml|#66807B,F0FFFC</sprite>
<sprite>monsters/accessories/mushroom-base1-face1.xml|#227364,39BFA9,9EFFEF,DBFFF9,FFFFFF;#7B4E07,FFF5CC</sprite>
<sprite>monsters/accessories/mushroom-base1-arms1.xml|#227365,D1FFF7</sprite>
<sprite>monsters/accessories/mushroom-base1-cap2.xml|#5C6F73,97B0BD,9EFAFF,F5FFFE,FFFFFF;#2F7699,E3D1FF</sprite>
<sound event="hit">monsters/shroom/shroom-hit1.ogg</sound>
</monster>
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Fother wrote:Deep Shroom
That would look good in the Bandit cave.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Okies... if someone can please replace the troll sheet and xml in the clientdata, I've added in the diagonal frames (so 168 frames in total) and moved it back to RC.
https://trello.com/c/3U2rtN84/379-troll-mob

... I would still love a nice blue fire particle animation on attack if someone wants to beat me to that... I hate doing particles. :alt-1:
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile