Crazyk8e

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Crazyk8e to become a GM?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 84
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Crazyk8e

Post by o11c »

Totally relevant link: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18005#p140721

I think it's a good idea to have more lunatics in charge of the asy#lum
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Crazyk8e »

Takes one to know one, I guess... all joking aside I hope if approved I can do this humble game justice :) I've really enjoyed this game and appreciate the global reach it has, as well as the sense of community we share. If I pass the voting process, it is my hope that people from my part of the world(I am in Australia), or night-owls in the rest of the world will feel they have a positive leadership presence when they are online as well as being able to enjoy events at a time more convenient to them. If elected I would spread the word of our game on other sites, and also endeavour to drum up some more people who desire to be content developers and scripters etc. I want this to be a place where people feel welcome and that they tell their friends about it and get even more new players to expand the community.

With regard to the questionairre:
1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?
-I would direct them to the Wiki or the forums if they sounded genuinely lost. You cannot do everything for them, but it is good to send them in the right direction. Players should feel welcome but not led by a leash and babied so much.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
-This should be an ability for admins only.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
1) Botting: This behaviour is not conducive to all players being able to enjoy the game. If found to be botting players will be subject to a kick and subsequent bans from the server per the rules.
2) Insults: Such negative behaviour in this game is not welcome and does not improve game-play for anybody.
3) Scamming: Players who scam others are some of the lowest out there.
4) Not speaking English in public: Players can speak their own languages in chat tabs, but they should be reminded that speaking English in public is part of the rules. As well as being against the rules, it might make players who don't speak that language uncomfortable.
6) Advertising: While we might all want to get our friends in here to try another server, advertising has a better place and that's on the forums under off-topic.

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?
- I would first inform them that insulting is against the rules. I would direct them to the appropriate channels on the forum (Courthouse) where they can post a complaint. If the behaviour continues they will face a server kick and then the appropriate path of bans as necessary.
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

You have like 3 years in TMW.

What you say about the need of a GM in your part of the world is true.

You are nice and helping.

I have never seen you breaking the rules.

I liked the idea you were talking the other day about how to bring more players to TMW.

I think you qualify for GM.

:alt-3:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.

2.You should have gotten someone more thrustworthy to nominate you and not some guy who stabbed Platyna in the back and stole her game.

3.No australians play this game (or other people GMT +11) because they are busy wrestling alligators and getting stabbed by stingrays.

4. http://www.strangeparty.com/2005/04/16/old-post-18/

I rest my case.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

Hmm, not too many valid points here DefnitelyNOTMrWho. I will keep this as short a response as possible. I was not involved in the decision making process which led to the server takeover. Making your vote about that instead of what I could bring to the game as GM is neither productive nor useful. If you wish to discuss other points elsewhere feel free.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Responds to trolls: -1 point :)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

or maybe she's just super-nice +1
end of line.
triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Post by triforce_hyrule »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.

2.You should have gotten someone more thrustworthy to nominate you and not some guy who stabbed Platyna in the back and stole her game.

3.No australians play this game (or other people GMT +11) because they are busy wrestling alligators and getting stabbed by stingrays.

I rest my case.
Give Prove Of The Number 2 DefinitelyNOTMrWho, give proof of what you are telling
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

--Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

Everythin about agree is to disagree so i agree with disagree, voted yes
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Voted yes.

Servers with GMs stay around.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I vote yes Kate is very responsible and has never disobeyed the rules and I have known her for a few years . So I vote yes
:alt-3: Good luck Kate
Jerobeel
Peon
Peon

Post by Jerobeel »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:1.We don't need more GMs in this game, we already have too many.

I rest my case.
1. Nobody knows when other real life responsabilites are going to demand more time of the actual GM, only the key people know if more GM are needed or not, i guess you are not of those key people (game admin, devs and actual GM)

2. I don't know what you are talking about, and probably many others either, don't care, is irrelevant to the present issue.

3. and 4. in the # 2 you sounded like you have some meat/feud with who knows. I know Internet is like a public restroom, but don't you think this topic is kind of serious? why the trolling? just because of this all your points lack credibility.
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

Responding to MrWho "is irrelevant to the present issue" (Crazyk8e's GM nomination) as well.

"I don't know what you are talking about, and probably many others either, don't care, is irrelevant to the present issue." Incorrect.

---

GMs espouse an aura of authority and holding players accountable which I disagree with. I vote for anarchy!

Case has been rested.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

I appreciate those who have selected a vote yes. Thank you for your support and hopefully with other yes votes from players unknown I can be another great GM for this game.

Sorry you feel that way, Vill. I just hope you know I have not done anything wrong by this game in the time I've been playing it which has been a few years now. :)
Genesis_Junior
Newly Registered User

Post by Genesis_Junior »

hello :alt-2: because my post not yet 20, i not vote yet, just wait my vote. lol
Crazyk8e wanna be GM of asia time, sure i agree :), less GM online at morning-evening asian time. i am from indonesian xD and i know few player from australia :)