Platynas GM prediction thread, split from Crazyk8es nomination

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Platynas GM prediction thread, split from Crazyk8es nomination

Post by Platyna »

Soon there will be more GMs than regular players.

Regards.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Re: Crazyk8e

Post by Crazyk8e »

Platyna wrote:Soon there will be more GMs than regular players.

Regards.
I've seen a couple of GMs leave in the past few months or so, it would be good to replace at least one of them and to have a greater span of time when a GM is likely to be online. :)
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Nah, Plat doesn't know how the Mana World looks like these days so she is just being a troll here.

Actually a new GM in the Asien/Australien time zone would be a great addition to the team.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Yeah i agree with Cassy, actually when Platyna had her only dedicated player online at .net she had more GM's and scammers than players online...
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

SriNitayanda wrote:[...] Platyna had her only dedicated player online at .net she had more GM's and scammers than players online...
This is totally out of topic
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Funny Nard cause this is:

Regards.
Totally out of topic also, but you seem to be over protective about your queen.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

SriNitayanda wrote:Funny Nard cause this is:

Regards.
Totally out of topic also, but you seem to be over protective about your queen.
No she obviously means that she thinks that there are no need of other GMs, Opinion that I don't agree with. You spoke about another server, not about Katie being a GM. Platyna has never been my queen, and will never be. I am republican.
Moderator, please remove the out of topic posts.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Platynas GM prediction thread, split from Crazyk8es nomi

Post by Nard »

Once again you do it wrong Mr Moderator the first post of this thread was on topic and the title has nothing to do with the content.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Nard wrote:Once again you do it wrong Mr Moderator the first post of this thread was on topic and the title has nothing to do with the content.
Regards.
In what way was that a pro/contra for crazyk8e as a GM?

As far as I understand it the tmwc will put GM's that passes the polls on queue if they do not think that more GM's are needed. Platyna is not part of the TMWC and she is not even a player of the game. I think that she was trying to take a cheap shot (albeit misguided) at this server rather than say something constructive in the poll.

The GM nomination threads are not discussion threads, the topic about if more GM's are needed should be discussed elswhere if they do not explicitly explain why someone voted as they did, as I did not see her saying something along the lines of "I voted yes/no because of X" it is not the right thread IMO.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I understand it as:

"there is enough GMs in relation to the player numbers"

thus no need for new ones.
Last edited by Nard on 15 Feb 2014, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Agree, There are far more bots than players and GMs.
Wait... What were we discussing?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

The goal is to have a GM on 24/7 irrespective of the number of players
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

lol wushin, I am mostly among the bots.

Many other criterions have always influenced players opinions, hence the poll. One of them is the number of active GMs. the former polls discussions are here as witnesses. My former post was not intended to support Platyna but the opinion she expressed, though I disagree with it. o11c obviously suggested Katie as GM because of her actual residence. With Chicka-Maria, I think it should not be the main criterion for choosing a GM but when you consider the whole GM team it can become a secondary one. At the moment here is no example of successful GM poll which is not related with some need. The case was discussed though.
I do think that, if the number of Gms had been a bit higher than the task requires, the GMs would be less solicited by the boring part of the task. The bad is that it makes the number of GHP/TMWC member number inflate with no reason, underlying the fact that the game's interests are not necessarily bounded to the projects one.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

I think the name of this thread is deceiving...

Anyway, I find it a bit rude of her to poke her head and ego in where they don't belong. She isn't really one to talk considering previous mismanagement of server and treating things like only her opinion mattered and final decisions were up to her.

It must be sad to be a troll, in a way I pity them. I would much rather get my joy out of helping others in some way, as opposed to the trolls who take joy out of causing others grief or by riling their target up. There is even a news article about some psychological traits that trolls seem to have in common, and for those trolls who derive so much joy in the pain of others, I hope they can learn that what they enjoy doing causes harm to someone and instead of repeating the behaviour, will realise perhaps they are doing wrong and try to be a better person.

In response to some comments on the nomination thread, it seems that certain people expect a GM to be perfect and to be completely infallible. We are all humans. We make mistakes, yes, but what should matter most is acknowledging a mistake as quickly as possible and working to rectify it. So what if I responded to one person trolling, it was one troll, not a whole lot of them.

I understand some people were upset with the server move, but making your vote based on who nominated me rather than my qualifications is not an educated vote. If you don't know about me, you are welcome to ask and I will do my best to answer. It is up to you to do your own research. :)

Looking forward to seeing the wonderful people of TMW in game and elsewhere on the forums :)