Ask MrWho

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Ask MrWho

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I made this thread for people who have problems and don't know what to do. I know almost everything about anything so go ahead and ask me. My advice is worth it's weight in gold.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Ask MrWho

Post by AnonDuck »

What's Pi divided by Zero? I've been trying to figure this out my entire life..
Head of the TMW Illuminati
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Given the following program:

Code: Select all

def f(prog):
    if halts(prog, prog):
        run forever
    else:
        halt
what is the result of calling f with itself as an argument?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

MadCamel, first of all you we need to understand what Pi is and where it came from.

Pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to it's diameter (or so the people think). I will tell you the truth, Pi was actually discovered by the greeks and it wasn't Pi it was Pee (ee is pronounced i in english). This number was the furthest distance an olympian could actually pee (3.14 meters). They got drunk and peed and the longest distance was the winner. Archimedes was the man who could pee at a distance of 3.14 meters so this number was acredited to him.

The second thing is the division by zero, many say you can't divide numbers by zero but they don't know s*it about mathematics. The number zero is like air, you don't see it, can't imagine it but you know for sure it's there. So anything can be divided by zero it's just that no computer can find the god damn answer so inteligent mathematicians came up with a variable which signifies the result of a division by zero, that variable is "?".

So, for example:

12/0=? which means that "? x 0 = 12"

Therefore:

Pi/0 = ?

in mathematics ? can take any value between (-∞;+∞)

You're welcome.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

o11c wrote:Given the following program:

Code: Select all

def f(prog):
    if halts(prog, prog):
        run forever
    else:
        halt
what is the result of calling f with itself as an argument?
Good question but easy.

First of all I would like to say I have a PhD in Broscience and work as a professor at the Bro's University. You are probably refering of the infinite loop...which doesn't exist.
Most people don't get it but infinite doesn't exist, it is actually a finite number and I am going to prove it in my next thesis. Every day I get up and start counting until i reach infinite, each night I write down the number I have reached all day counting and resume from there the next day.
Computers are too stupid to do that and frankly nobody left a program running long enough for it to reach infinite.
At some point in time your procedure will eventualy halt, it's obvious.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

prsm wrote:If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?
Excelent question. I remember studying about this phenomenon in my younger days with 3 other world renown ice experts. It was me, prof. Vanilla Ice, prof. Ice Cube and prof. Ice-T (I think they started a music career after finishing the scientific research).

For our research, we used dr.Dre's meth lab which was available at the time because he was attending 2Pac's funeral. We first experimented on regular ice, which we melted and obtained regular water (H2O). After that we tried melting wet ice and we ended up with what seemed to be wet water (sqr(H2O)).
In the end we also melted dry ice and got dry water (sqrt(H2O)) which we used to fill a pool and swim in without getting wet.

After this experiment we concluded that dry water was the most common form of water found in desert areas, you can swim in it without getting wet and you can drink it but you'll still be thirsty after.

So the answer is yes, you won't get wet.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

prsm wrote:If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote: In the end we also melted dry ice and got dry water (sqrt(H2O)) which we used to fill a pool and swim in without getting wet.

After this experiment we concluded that dry water was the most common form of water found in desert areas, you can swim in it without getting wet and you can drink it but you'll still be thirsty after.

So the answer is yes, you won't get wet.
MrWho is wrong,.: this is because he forgot that water (sqrt(H2O)) is water(|H|*sqrt(O)), |H| is the positive partof H, thus melting dry ice leads top wet H2O. So the only way to bath in dry Ice is to dive into an ice cube, which obviously lead to mechanical issues, either because of cubes dimensions or skull resistance. The only solution I can find is to over heat the water into dry vapor which is the solution to the problem. and you can bathe in to dry water and swim if you want.
:wink:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Nard, I don't know what you are talking about there but you clearly have no idea of math, physics or quantum mechanics.

You can't calculate the square root of an element like that because you have to take into consideration the second law of thermodynamics.

I would also recommend you take a look at the new theory of relativity (not Einstein's). Matter of fact I will write it down for you: E= MC HAMMER and thus YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS.

Your science skills failed.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

addendum: dry H2O bath is called a sauna :alt-7:
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Head of the TMW Illuminati
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

solve this for me and make me rich

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P_%3D_NP_problem
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

What is the meaning of life?
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Cotillion wrote:What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
An African or European swallow?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.