Stuck in 3rd part of triangle quest. Lost Ring.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Haldric
Peon
Peon

Stuck in 3rd part of triangle quest. Lost Ring.

Post by Haldric »

Hi, I am doing the love triangle quest. I am on the third part where you have to kill zombies/fallen to get a ring.
Game Wiki says :
Head out to the graveyard and kill 10 Zombies/Fallens. After that, you'll have 1 chance out of 8 to find the ring on a Zombie/Fallen. Remember to not disconnect while you do that, or else you will need to restart all over again killing these nasty monsters.
I did killed 15 zombies alone. And some 15-20 fallen warrior with the assistance of my friends. Still I didn't get the ring. Please help. Am I doing something wrong? Or something bugged?
Chay
Novice
Novice

Re: Stuck in 3rd part of triangle quest. Lost Ring.

Post by Chay »

This strongly depends on what map you killed zombies/Fallens. According to the script logic you have to kill them on the maps 027-3 and 027-4 other maps or "bossfights" do not count. On the first glance i don't see anything wrong with the script. (actually there are no other places(except 1 fallen on 028-1) that have those mobs so if it's not bossfight it counts )
Haldric
Peon
Peon

Post by Haldric »

I haven't killed those fallens/zombies in boss fight. I killed them in lower second floor of the crypt.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Logging out resets the counter. That part might be getting you. Also it does always feel like an incredibly annoying amount of time sometimes to get the script to trigger.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Haldric
Peon
Peon

Post by Haldric »

I didn't logged out when I killed them.
wushin wrote:Also it does always feel like an incredibly annoying amount of time sometimes to get the script to trigger.
That means I keep going, and kill those fallen/zombies to get the ring?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

yeah and sometimes it's painfully annoying long. kinda like waiting for a terranite to drop a amethyst.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

you have to deal the killing blow or else the mob won't count. be sure that your hit kills the mob. also do not log out.
it doesn't matter if you do 1 or 15000 damage. who kills the mob counts

(redundancy for more understanding ^^)
Haldric
Peon
Peon

Post by Haldric »

Thank You wushin and tux9th for clarification. :)

EDIT : YAY! :D Got the ring. I thought the zombie will drop the ring. Thanks to Khrishnastorage, he suggested me to check debug tab and I saw this "[09:48] You found a ring hidden in the zombie's rotten rags. Maybe this is what Aldred was looking for...".
Never thought thet the rotten rag will contain the ring.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Np Haldric, iirc you only need to participate in killing them, I remember me and chay talked about it last time one of us did it and she looked in the script and confirmed. I see many ppl are confused about it so maybe we need definitive answer once so we can update the wiki accordingly.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

SriNitayanda wrote:Np Haldric, iirc you only need to participate in killing them, I remember me and chay talked about it last time one of us did it and she looked in the script and confirmed. I see many ppl are confused about it so maybe we need definitive answer once so we can update the wiki accordingly.
If the script and its interpretation by the server didn't change in the last 6 months I think participation is not enough.

@Haldric the ring is not an actual item, you do not store it in your bag. It's not visible therefore cannot be looted.

regards tux9th