Wiki & website improvement

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

Travolta
Novice
Novice

Re: Wiki & website improvement

Post by Travolta »

I don't like the new design of forum. It's confusing, the colors are all too gray, it's hard to find who wrote the reply. To get to the most active topics, you have to hover over "search", then select it, in the old interface it was just 1 click anywhere on forum. Also the new design uses too much js, so the performance dropped. I noticed myself going to forums less since the redesign, I think others do too.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

You can return old theme back in settings
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

I have the feelings that for some item reference pages, when the items is a drop, the information of the monster who drop the item is missing compared to the past website style . Do that mean that all the page have been rewritten to support the new website style or it is just that monster drop changed ?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

monwarez wrote:I have the feelings that for some item reference pages, when the items is a drop, the information of the monster who drop the item is missing compared to the past website style . Do that mean that all the page have been rewritten to support the new website style or it is just that monster drop changed ?
That might have been lost when we templated the Items in the first place. The monster reference still has it's drops referenced.

For the most part only a 2 items on the wiki bother me anymore. 1) Quests Tables 2) Template:Item Reference Menu

Yar, it sucks the responsive uses the js, but one could edit the css in https://github.com/themanaworld/themana ... tylesheets to the need for JS and make the over all formatting better.

As for the Forums, PM me for a copy of the recent theme to work on it. or switch to the tmw3 in your account preferences.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

:mrgreen: Hey all!

I decided to add a 15 minute video (a screencast) on how I'm editing the wiki.
The video is specific for the NPC pages, but might be helpful for anyone wanting to edit either now or in the future.
Below is the link:

https://youtu.be/-rGU6iH3h4w

Let me know if you find it helpful.
:mrgreen:

_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I'll add the video to the "How to help?" pages as well. This is great work, thanks!

I already know how it works but the australian voice compels me to listen and learn anew :lol:

TMW Team member