Wiki & website improvement

Web discussions, including project website, forums, wiki, and others.

John Wentworth
Newly Registered User

Re: Wiki & website improvement

Post by John Wentworth »

Sorry, just realized that this is a really old thread. This issue may be resolved by now.
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

There is planing to update MediaWiki installation?
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

We are sticking to whatever is stable on our current distro, so you'd have to talk to debian about mediawiki upgrades.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Got complaints from few players and GMs, that the new look of our main page at themanaworld.org, looks weird and unprofessional. Some said that the style-sheet of the menu is weird in lower resolutions, others were less specific and just said weird.
Personally i guess my aesthetics skills aren't gr8, so i don't care much about the look. it looks pretty functional to me. But since i keep getting complaints i thought of putting it here.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

I was one of the people who spoke with Nitay about this... And I think it actually looks a bit weird to me. Maybe too simplistic and the color scheme is a bit weird. Actually I really liked the old design.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The new forum sucks :( I want Hammerbears old theme back!
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

I really like the new forum theme. The ony thing I wold modify a bit is making the text colors a bit stronger. Actually the forum theme is very polished, if the main TMW page was a bit more like this theme it would be amazing.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

The Mana Wolrd its unique game. we must be diferent from other games and we did not need a wiki and a forum unoriginal. :alt--:
TMW need to keep his originality !
best regard
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Meh it will take long until I got familiar with that new forum look, but as long as it's only the unfamiliar design, I'm not complaining at all.
Maybe it's a nice improvement once we get familiar to it ;)

But about the themanaworld.org main page I agree it looks like I downgrade.
Very old fashioned and not professional at all.
Sorry for the harsh words :oops:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

You can change the forums look to old look by going to: user control panel -> board preferences -> edit global settings -> change board style from BBOOBS, i mean BBOOTS to tmw3 and submit.
I like the new look of the forums but the color theme hurts my eyes so i did change it to old look. is there a way to personalize the color theme?
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Old fashioned and not professional at all is what the old site was. It did not display well on any browser with smaller screen resolutions. If you notice there are several people on this thread (and others) asking us to make the site mobile friendly. IMO, the main site looks clean and simple. Like Apple's or Oracle's site. If anything it be nice to have some richer media on the home page (Screenshots & Video). The old site also got hella strange as you played with the screen resolution. Its the best of all options we currently have.

There is no way to personalize the colors on theme Nitarama. We can however edit css. Which I know a few people around here can do.
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

wushin wrote:Old fashioned and not professional at all is what the old site was. It did not display well on any browser with smaller screen resolutions. If you notice there are several people on this thread (and others) asking us to make the site mobile friendly. IMO, the main site looks clean and simple. Like Apple's or Oracle's site. If anything it be nice to have some richer media on the home page (Screenshots & Video). The old site also got hella strange as you played with the screen resolution. Its the best of all options we currently have.

There is no way to personalize the colors on theme Nitarama. We can however edit css. Which I know a few people around here can do.
Wushin. I think that the only things most of users agree on complaining about the forum theme is that the texts (font colors) are a bit too similar with the backgrouds. Adding some contrast would be easy keeping the color scheme.

Also, the main page... I agree with cassy that it looks a bit like a downgrade... I was wondering how hard would it be to adapt the forum theme to the wiki. I think that making both, wiki and forum uniform. (switching to the forum's theme) would be a good addition.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Anyone is more then welcome to send me the mark-up changes.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I pushed the css for the wiki into github https://github.com/themanaworld/themana ... foreground

I also made a bunch of edits to the wiki.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Bumping cause I made the main site look better.