[PASSED] Ginaria for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Ginaria should become a GM?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 54
Gajah
Peon
Peon

Re: Ginaria for GM

Post by Gajah »

Big YES for Pinkie Queen :alt-0:
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

Sadly i vote no... Ginaria IS nice and helpful person, but i dont think she will handle all that trolls hiding in dark corners of tmw.
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.
sumanutizo
Newly Registered User

Post by sumanutizo »

Yes, she is very nice to new players, and that is what make game grove and stay alive.
So yes Grina for GM
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

I directly voted yes when I saw this poll but now that I'm think about it, wouldn't it hurt the game if ginny becomes a GM? Who will help new players and keep some place alive if she needs to focus on the GM role?
I'm sure that it would be an excellent choice to have ginaria on the GM team so I will stay with my "yes", but it could be nice to know what she is thinking about this poll.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

Perhaps Reid, you could help new players and take the place of Ginaria helper meanwhile her timezone GM. So we can see you more too :)
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
akumasm
Newly Registered User

Post by akumasm »

Ginaria is very kind :alt-7:
(DarkBrolly (son), Selim (me), WingDragon (younger son)) We can't vote but we hope Ginaria will be GM :alt-6:
Sorry for wrong English.
Last edited by akumasm on 11 Jul 2014, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

*agrees with Avenn*
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Gina definitely has the moxie for the job. An unequivocal "yes" vote from me. :D
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I have known Ginaria for a long time in this game, and for the life of me can not think of one negative thing to say about her.

If she wants the job, and gets the votes she will be an outstanding addition to the GM team!

I voted YES
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Mr.Goodlife
Newly Registered User

Post by Mr.Goodlife »

Yes, yes and yes for Ginaria! She is really helpful and politly.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Gina has all the qualities required to be a good GM, and have spoken for a long time about her as a GM.
I voted no for the two following reasons:
  1. There is no need at this moment of another cop, especially in the time period when Gina is online, and she would better fit the "event coordinator" or better "Game Animator" profile: she occupies this role at least since I began, and better than some past and present GMs, Administrators, Developers. The GM controlling duty is an useless extra charge to her, which will bring nothing to the game but a few "GM events"
  2. I have personal reasons to believe that giving this charge to Gina, would be a poisonous gift to her as a person, and that her real life might suffer from it. As I believe to be her friend, and am proud of it, I must privilegiate her interests rather than TMW's ones.
*IMPORTANT NOTE* This is my personal opinion and CRC members are in NO WAY associated or implied in it.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Nard wrote:Gina has all the qualities required to be a good GM, and have spoken for a long time about her as a GM.
I voted no for the two following reasons:
  1. There is no need at this moment of another cop, especially in the time period when Gina is online, and she would better fit the "event coordinator" or better "Game Animator" profile: she occupies this role at least since I began, and better than some past and present GMs, Administrators, Developers. The GM controlling duty is an useless extra charge to her, which will bring nothing to the game but a few "GM events"
Please keep in mind this topic is about "would Ginaria make a good GM" or not, Not whether or not we need more GMs or what time zone they are from, those are just bonuses.

Also When I am online at night (I tend to be a night owl) I see no GMs whatsoever, however I see Gina online at this time.

Sadly I don't know Gina well enough to know if the GM title given to her will cause something bad or not so I can't say anything about such.

I'd still like to hear Ginas thoughts in this thread though, One thing about being a GM is you need to speak up when you need to, saying her views on this thread would be a good start on that since I have not seen her say anything about it yet...Sadly I voted no until I see such.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chicka-Maria wrote: Please keep in mind this topic is about "would Ginaria make a good GM" or not, Not whether or not we need more GMs or what time zone they are from, those are just bonuses.

Also When I am online at night (I tend to be a night owl) I see no GMs whatsoever, however I see Gina online at this time.

Sadly I don't know Gina well enough to know if the GM title given to her will cause something bad or not so I can't say anything about such.

I'd still like to hear Ginas thoughts in this thread though, One thing about being a GM is you need to speak up when you need to, saying her views on this thread would be a good start on that since I have not seen her say anything about it yet...Sadly I voted no until I see such.

regards,
Chicka
The question is Do you agree for Ginaria should become a GM? not would Ginaria make a good GM?. Your night is our morning and yes there is usually no GM at this time, and it has been the case almost always since I registered TMW. The few exceptions were Katze, AlOns, and mrgrey( at the beginning) and sometimes Frost. This is precisely why Katie was suggested by o11c.

The question do we really need a GM is important to answer honestly. my opinion is that I prefer Gina as a game animator than as a game master for both Gina's and TMW's interests.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

GMs are no longer just cops. We've actually made small changes to enable more live events. We are going further to improve this system as well. As the main problem with GMs is due to the limited number of them they always end up being the only one online and always playing cop. GMs should be part cop & part entertainment director. The more GMs available, the more GM events that happen. Ginaria is a perfect example of the entertainment director part. The players love their Pinkie Queen. Ginaria is often talking and entertaining people in Hurnscald.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Not just cops and entertainment, but observers. GMs, with their superpowers granted by both the community and TMWC tend to *really* know what's going on in the game and can(should?) provide valueable feedback into the development process!
Head of the TMW Illuminati