TMW chat client

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Re: TMW chat client

Post by Travolta »

Ledmitz wrote:I cannot find init file on Debian Emacs. did dir search for emacs and file search for init.el. what am I missing? ty
Emacs init file is usually located in ~/.emacs.d/init.el , if it doesn't exist, it should be created. Emacs is a whole new world, some concepts might be unusual, but all questions are googlable.
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

I'm lost. I downloaded your repo. created init.el where you stated, added the lines:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/dedone/tmwchat") ... This is where I copied tmwchat to
(require 'tmwchat)

then I ran in terminal:
emacs M-x customize-group tmwchat ... as M-x on its own is not a command. At this point emacs runs but doesn't appear to have loaded anything. If I run the command without the 'emacs' while in the tmwchat folder, nothing happens. Also, I see an init.el file in this directory, but it has windows type dir structure. I just left it as is, where is.

So I seem to have the files, but can't configure them. ??? :?

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Version 1.0 brings various improvements to shop mode:
  • Prettify output of /inv command.
  • When in shop mode, rightclick=>trade is equivalent to rightclick=>buy.
  • Add option to show successful trade in main log.
  • Add option to whisper all shop admins about successful trade (see after-trade-hook in settings).
  • Add delay between outgoing messages (to prevent chatspam autoban).
  • Add option to auto-reconnect when connection is lost (see auto-reconnect-interval).
  • Shop mode is now disabled by default (enable it in settings).
Ledmitz
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Ledmitz »

finally. I found a way to quick launch tmwchat ... so here it is.
:D Make a link or shortcut. I chose a nice chat bubble as my icon. under properties I made the launch command as follows...

Code: Select all

emacs -f tmwchat
Voila! I can now logon with 1 double-click
8)

Ledmitz = Ardits = KillerBee = Mystic = Mystical_Servant = Tipsy Skeleton = BoomBoom = Cloak

omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Yeah~
I have successfully use tmwchat :3
Tomorrow i try shop mode.

Thank you for this client :)

Debian Jessie, GNU Emacs 24.4.1
warpspeed
Newly Registered User

Post by warpspeed »

This client is nice, and can certainly come in handy for having a character in TMW just to chat or watch chat activity rather than to play the game.

But what's even more interesting is the shop mode, which could be useful to be able to buy and sell stuff even while AFK, and looks to be what Hollywood Shop uses, based on whisper messages. But are player shops actually allowed to use this?
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

warpspeed wrote:This client is nice, and can certainly come in handy for having a character in TMW just to chat or watch chat activity rather than to play the game.

But what's even more interesting is the shop mode, which could be useful to be able to buy and sell stuff even while AFK, and looks to be what Hollywood Shop uses, based on whisper messages. But are player shops actually allowed to use this?
Of course I asked the GMs before starting to use an automatic shop. The answer was: if nobody complains, it's ok. There is no trade chat spam or anything like that coming from shop. On the countrary, people thank me for selling useful items.

And the coolest thing is: the shop is running (almost) 24/7 from my Android tablet! :D
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Version 1.1:
  • Shop command !invlist to show all items in shop inventory.
  • Shop admins now can retrieve any item from shop.
  • Command /where to show current location.
  • Command /goto <x> <y> to walk!
  • Other small bug fixes and improvements.
I made a video tutorial for Windows users about setting up TMWChat. The ending is a bit sloppy, I had to cut it, 'cos I accidently "flashed" my password :P https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkF7XXOv-ew
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Version 1.2 brings new whisper commands and performance improvements:
  • In settings password is masked with asterics
  • In settings for item IDs a tooltip shows item name
  • Hook-based system to process whispers.
  • New whisper commands: !info, !w (whisper), !say
  • Shop can give a random item to trade from given list (configurable, optional)
  • Fix bugs, improve performance.
While TMWChat is still being developed and improved, in parallel I'm working on a similar project ( https://bitbucket.org/rumly111/manachat ). It's also a chat client, written in python, not ready for release, but you can already play around with the code. There is a core library to connect to TMWA servers, and 3 programs that use it: a headless client (doesn't really do much, only connects to TMW and logs network packets), a Curses (console) client, and a Kivy GUI. All 3 work (with a little effort), feel free ty try it.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

+1 thanks for the work Travolta.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

Good works Travolta, I have a question with the whisper command, when I enter the mode whisper, I don't know how to quit this mode. Do they have keyboard shortcut for this ?( I have emacs in full console mode)
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

monwarez wrote:Good works Travolta, I have a question with the whisper command, when I enter the mode whisper, I don't know how to quit this mode. Do they have keyboard shortcut for this ?( I have emacs in full console mode)
There isn't really such thing as whisper mode. The client simply inserts /w NickName to command prompt after each whisper. If you want it removed, you can delete it, then say something in general chat (for example @servertime). It's a workaround, but makes life simple.
monwarez
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by monwarez »

Thanks for the tips
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

Travolta wrote:Version 1.2 brings new whisper commands and performance improvements:
  • In settings password is masked with asterics
  • In settings for item IDs a tooltip shows item name
  • Hook-based system to process whispers.
  • New whisper commands: !info, !w (whisper), !say
  • Shop can give a random item to trade from given list (configurable, optional)
  • Fix bugs, improve performance.
While TMWChat is still being developed and improved, in parallel I'm working on a similar project ( https://bitbucket.org/rumly111/manachat ). It's also a chat client, written in python, not ready for release, but you can already play around with the code. There is a core library to connect to TMWA servers, and 3 programs that use it: a headless client (doesn't really do much, only connects to TMW and logs network packets), a Curses (console) client, and a Kivy GUI. All 3 work (with a little effort), feel free ty try it.
Care to explain how manachat works?
It looks like a great project, will it support android devices or maybe ipads too ?
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

soseki wrote:Care to explain how manachat works?
It looks like a great project, will it support android devices or maybe ipads too ?
I think yes :
Travolta wrote:I can't believe it! I managed to run TMWChat on Android! Few things don't work (online list, notifications etc), but otherwise it's fully functional chat client :-)