Community Paid hosting vs. relying on an individual

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Community Paid hosting vs. relying on an individual

Post by veryape »

soseki wrote:I thought veryape was a GM. Now he is an Admin. How did that happen and why was he given this kind of administration power?
I am a GM with admin powers. I mostly use my admin rights to help fellow gm's with gming decisions.
And yeah, I've been an admin for some time now. I don't do anything with server restarts etc - I leave that to the more dev-oriented admins.

Anyhow, if you havn't noticed me being a admin thus far i guess it can't be a big problem. :)
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote: Platyna, your condescending belligerent posts only reinforce why we had to leave your hosting environment.
It doesn't suprise me as you all desperately need an excuse for abusing my trust. Thanks God community is not that stupid and your propaganda doesn't work well. You had a great hosting completely free, with a competent admin, then you deceived the admin, stolen the data and now you ask the community for fund you commercial hostings because you are not able to fund it yourself? You have no shame and no honour.

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

veryape wrote:
soseki wrote:I thought veryape was a GM. Now he is an Admin. How did that happen and why was he given this kind of administration power?
I am a GM with admin powers. I mostly use my admin rights to help fellow gm's with gming decisions.
And yeah, I've been an admin for some time now. I don't do anything with server restarts etc - I leave that to the more dev-oriented admins.

Anyhow, if you havn't noticed me being a admin thus far i guess it can't be a big problem. :)
I don't know if I have a problem. If the files would be returned to Platinum I would of course demote all the people who were actively participating in the data theft, and of course I would demote all developers to uphold decent project principles. About other people I would review them and leave in positions these who are useful on the positions and do well. If you are developer and a community admin then of course I have a problem with that. Despite the propaganda I do not hate nor seek revenge. I simply want my project back before some uncompetent kids will destroy it.

Regards.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

I was allowed to speak on behalf of TMWCP (tmw communist party). Our supreme leader, oh right we got no supreme leader. anyway his message was, "give me all your freedoms and i'll protect and provide you with everything you need", or was it your message? i am getting confused.
He continued, in order to make a proper communist MMO, we had to steal the DATA from the people who had it, thats why we left a copy of the data to the people who held it before. (i am starting to doubt the none existent supreme leader leadership, what kind of communist takes the wealth from the people who have it and leaves them exact copy of that wealth).
Yes it was hard decision but we had to eradicate all competitors, in order for the revolution to succeed, thats why we banned tmw.net from the internet (oh we didn't, wait what?). we couldn't probably succeed in the free market of MMO against such determined competitors, so we had to resort bullying and sanctions. anyway ends justifies the means for the revolution to succeed.

Remind me again who speaks and act like a dictator?

Relying on a bully dictator wasn't a healthy thing for the project, development would be stalled completely if it happened.
Donating to the project is VOLUNTARY , no one is forcing you. anyone can get to a position of influence (not god damn power) on the project, you just need to dev or be elected as GM, i doubt it can happen under platyna's rule.

We don't rely on community of paid hosting, we rely on community of volunteers who care about the well being of the project. One of them could provide us with free hosting for more than 2 year. now it was decided that we'll move to commercial server, so we did, we also relied solely on one admin for about a month to pay for the services before we opened the patreon page. btw if you look at the patreon page you'll see the people who donate for this project are mostly tmwc. If we'll have other options for hosting for the future and they'll be decent enough we'll consider them too.
So instead of relying on a dictator who says "give me all your freedoms and i'll provide you with everything you need", we rely on a community who cares about the well being of the project is opened to new idea's in order to advance the project.

P.S the only one who acts like a child that someone took their candy is you
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

SriNitayanda wrote:I was allowed to speak on behalf of TMWCP (tmw communist party). Our supreme leader, oh right we got no supreme leader. anyway his message was, "give me all your freedoms and i'll protect and provide you with everything you need", or was it your message? i am getting confused.
He continued, in order to make a proper communist MMO, we had to steal the DATA from the people who had it, thats why we left a copy of the data to the people who held it before. (i am starting to doubt the none existent supreme leader leadership, what kind of communist takes the wealth from the people who have it and leaves them exact copy of that wealth).
Yes it was hard decision but we had to eradicate all competitors, in order for the revolution to succeed, thats why we banned tmw.net from the internet (oh we didn't, wait what?). we couldn't probably succeed in the free market of MMO against such determined competitors, so we had to resort bullying and sanctions. anyway ends justifies the means for the revolution to succeed.

Remind me again who speaks and act like a dictator?

Relying on a bully dictator wasn't a healthy thing for the project, development would be stalled completely if it happened.
Donating to the project is VOLUNTARY , no one is forcing you. anyone can get to a position of influence (not god damn power) on the project, you just need to dev or be elected as GM, i doubt it can happen under platyna's rule.

We don't rely on community of paid hosting, we rely on community of volunteers who care about the well being of the project. One of them could provide us with free hosting for more than 2 year. now it was decided that we'll move to commercial server, so we did, we also relied solely on one admin for about a month to pay for the services before we opened the patreon page. btw if you look at the patreon page you'll see the people who donate for this project are mostly tmwc. If we'll have other options for hosting for the future and they'll be decent enough we'll consider them too.
So instead of relying on a dictator who says "give me all your freedoms and i'll provide you with everything you need", we rely on a community who cares about the well being of the project is opened to new idea's in order to advance the project.

P.S the only one who acts like a child that someone took their candy is you
That freedom and community propaganda has become boring like a year ago and no one is buying that, this is the reason why I keep being called out by the community. You didn't ask the community if they want to move. And you made an unauthorized copy of the data which is, under the law of any civilized country, a theft. It is simple. You (ab)used the fact I have non profit project and bad health thefore I will not sue you for that theft, yet still theft is a theft. I do speak simple words. And so called TMWC lacks morals and honour.

Regards,
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

First the back-ups weren't yours but the community. They spoke by continuing to follow us and not joining your server or backing you. If the community or the developers had more faith in you then the Fork, dot net would still be around, but it failed.

Sad truth your fork failed because of you Platyna, learn to accept it. I should know, Nard and I tried to help you and you did nothing. Any more posts about Theft or Stealing (an open source project...) or the character of the current project, will be considered Ad hominem attacks and removed. Time has passed and shown who made the right move by having a continuing project with updates and a functioning community.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. You want to make your own server fine, fork it. We will not have our forums filled with 1/2 truths and lies pertaining to people who no longer even work on this project. So far it's you and your sock puppets and you attacking people who have nothing to do with what you say. Platyna your continued behavior on this forum only further backs why we won't go back to platinum.

Second there is Zero wrong open source wise with making money off Open Source. I get paid to work on open source at my job. Linus Torvalds gets paid to consult with companies about the Linux Kernel. Richard Stallman makes bank giving Open Source speeches. You can buy any project on almost any t-shirt. The game will always be Free of Charge we only set-up the donations as people asked if there was any place they could give money.

Good Day.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I didn't fork anything and nobody buys that propaganda, you keep reaching new and new levels of immorality, anyway I expected that you will sooner or later start to try to suck money of out people.

Regards.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

my posts on this thread have been deleted.
Enga
Peon
Peon

Post by Enga »

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Counter Promise. "We are all doomed, but it's not doomsday."

https://youtu.be/k-lyPBro7fw
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.