the exotic trader prices

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Would you like to see the prices reduced?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 38
soseki
Novice
Novice

the exotic trader prices

Post by soseki »

We all know that this shop was introduced to reduce the money that some players got by exploiting some bugs years ago, maybe its time to decrease those prices and make them cheaper so newer players have a chance to get them too.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: the exotic trader prices

Post by mas886 »

It's supposed to be expensive.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Those items are ridiculous. Toy sabre for 20kk, yeh. Better put old unobtainables into those shops, and the price should depend on how old and rare they are. It would at least give some purpose to the grinding in game.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

mas886 wrote:It's supposed to be expensive.
Expensive is one thing, but 90kk is too much :alt-2: .
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Travolta wrote:Those items are ridiculous. Toy sabre for 20kk, yeh. Better put old unobtainables into those shops, and the price should depend on how old and rare they are. It would at least give some purpose to the grinding in game.
+ 1
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I have made a list of all the no longer obtainable items.
Each one has a price based on how long ago it was released and on how it looks (cooler items should be more expensive).
Paper Bag: 15kk
Bunch of Parsley: 3kk
Mouboo Head: 15kk
Goggles: 10kk
Chef Hat: 5kk
Christmas Tree Hat: 15kk
Sunglasses: 10kk
Leather Goggles: 10kk
Eye Patch: 100kk
Guy Fawkes Mask: 10kk
Opera Mask: 15kk
Jester Mask: 15kk
Witch Hat: 15kk
Goblin Mask: 10kk
Elf Nightcap: 5kk
Skull Mask: 15kk
Antler Hat: 15kk
Heart Glasses: 5kk
Snow Goggles: 5kk
Santa Beard Hat: 15kk
White Rabbit Ears: 10kk
Mush Hat: 15kk
Face Mask: 15kk
Bunny Ears: 15kk
Top Hat: 15kk
Eggshell Hat: 5kk
Pan Hat: 5kk
Shroom Hat: 15kk
Funky Hat: 30kk
Christmas Elf Hat: 35kk
If the community agrees I can make a Pull Request and include them into the Exotic Trader shop.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Big fan of rotating Items Available. Possibly even add a boss points vendor that sells some other things as well.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

wushin wrote:Big fan of rotating Items Available. Possibly even add a boss points vendor that sells some other things as well.
I agree with adding more annual quests too, but we shouldn't use old items on those new quests. And the prices I suggested up there are pretty fair, old players won't feel bad because they will still have items that cost a lot of GP (which is like a social status :wink: ).
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Voted yes :D for prices reduced.

Also +1 on current unobtainables being reintroduced.

Both will benefit newer players.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

I recommend a simple formula to calculate the price of a rare hat. For every month the item is in game, the value increases by 700k gold. The resulting price is rounded to 5 million. And every 6 months the prices at exotic trader are adjusted.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

mas886 wrote:It's supposed to be expensive.

+1

if items are gonna be on the exotic trader that are already in game they should be more expensive than 15KK, 25KK-30KK sound more fair especially since other people took the time to market and trade in this game for a long time for those items. This also allows players to be more flexible with their item prices when they sell/trade to others.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't think they should be on the NPC it's also going to take away the term "collectables" in this game since anybody can get them.

~Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

Why not use a shop that appears once a year (Christmas time) with all those hats but really expensive?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I like the idea of having the Exotic Trader change his offers like every month.
Of course the current unobtainable items should be really, really expensive.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

soseki wrote:I have made a list of all the no longer obtainable items.
Each one has a price based on how long ago it was released and on how it looks (cooler items should be more expensive).
Paper Bag: 15kk
Bunch of Parsley: 3kk
Mouboo Head: 15kk
Goggles: 10kk
Chef Hat: 5kk
Christmas Tree Hat: 15kk
Sunglasses: 10kk
Leather Goggles: 10kk
Eye Patch: 100kk
Guy Fawkes Mask: 10kk
Opera Mask: 15kk
Jester Mask: 15kk
Witch Hat: 15kk
Goblin Mask: 10kk
Elf Nightcap: 5kk
Skull Mask: 15kk
Antler Hat: 15kk
Heart Glasses: 5kk
Snow Goggles: 5kk
Santa Beard Hat: 15kk
White Rabbit Ears: 10kk
Mush Hat: 15kk
Face Mask: 15kk
Bunny Ears: 15kk
Top Hat: 15kk
Eggshell Hat: 5kk
Pan Hat: 5kk
Shroom Hat: 15kk
Funky Hat: 30kk
Christmas Elf Hat: 35kk
If the community agrees I can make a Pull Request and include them into the Exotic Trader shop.
Players who already have the items in the above list got them in one of three ways: 1.) from long-ago quests, probably at little or no expense; 2.) by purchasing them on ManaMarket; or, 3.) in private sales or trades.

While the suggested prices may seem high to some and low to others, in my opinion, and for the most part, they appear to be fair, considering the scarcity and desirability of the items. As far as I know, players who bought items on ManaMarket or in private sales or trades have gotten them at prices less than those listed. So if there are players who want to sell their existing rares, they would still be able to do so at a profit.

At the prices listed, it will still take a considerable amount of time and effort to amass the gp (or possibly boss points, if that option is included) needed for these rares. But for players like those who have reached level 99 and completed all quests, it gives them a new goal to look forward to achieving.

It is for these reasons that I support the proposal to list the rares at the above-stated prices for sale by a NPC, on a year-round basis.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Cassy wrote:I like the idea of having the Exotic Trader change his offers like every month.
Of course the current unobtainable items should be really, really expensive.
+1

They should be really expensive or not obtainable through an NPC at all 25KK-30KK for some of them should be the *MINIMUM* 10-15kK is way too low.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.