the exotic trader prices

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Would you like to see the prices reduced?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 38
soseki
Novice
Novice

Re: the exotic trader prices

Post by soseki »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Cassy wrote:I like the idea of having the Exotic Trader change his offers like every month.
Of course the current unobtainable items should be really, really expensive.
+1

They should be really expensive or not obtainable through an NPC at all 25KK-30KK for some of them should be the *MINIMUM* 10-15kK is way too low.
10 or 15 million gps low?
Do you even know how long it takes to get a single million?
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

soseki wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:
Cassy wrote:I like the idea of having the Exotic Trader change his offers like every month.
Of course the current unobtainable items should be really, really expensive.
+1

They should be really expensive or not obtainable through an NPC at all 25KK-30KK for some of them should be the *MINIMUM* 10-15kK is way too low.
10 or 15 million gps low?
Do you even know how long it takes to get a single million?
Yeah I do because I earned all the gil that I have. I also earned the rare unobtainables that I have that took me a while to collect, 10-15kk is low compared to other things people have paid for, why should others have to pay less to an NPC that others paid more through actual trading and communication through game? I don't even agree that unobtainables should be put on an NPC because once it's on an NPC people will just try to get it on there and theres no point in trading around anymore and trying to collect they won't be unobtainables anymore. SO yeah. If it's a bit higher on the NPC than it is in circulation it would more more sense for people to talk and trade with others rather than buy on a NPC. NPC should be a last resort and there for cost more money.

Chicka~
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Even though I agree that rares shouldn't be cheap, the prices shouldn't be ridiculously expensive either. Eyepatch for 100M, are you mad? Firs of all, for that price it can be bought from a player (so what's the point of putting them to Exotic Trader?). Second, it's nearly impossible to farm that amount of money. I believe only very few players have so much gp, and they collected it by either using old exploits, or buying rares and selling much more expensive later.

Another thing, that irritates me, is that prices for rare items were manipulated and highly increased in the last 2-3 years. I realise that there is inflation (due to 100k reward in Illia quest), collect GP is somewhat easier and it somewhat lost it's value. But if a player has tons of GP, he can afford to buy all cheap rares (even if he don't really need them), and sell them for much higher prices. The average price on market raises (because, who would want to sell Sunglasses for 2kk, if they were offered for 5kk by another player?), and the least fortunate suffer. As a result, the minimum price for a rare hat is now 2-3M, and if you want to buy something "cool", you can forget about <5M.

My message is: keep the prices within reasonable boundaries. Maybe a user DB scan could show, how many of each rare item is still in-game, it would help in estimating it's values.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Travolta wrote:Even though I agree that rares shouldn't be cheap, the prices shouldn't be ridiculously expensive either. Eyepatch for 100M, are you mad? Firs of all, for that price it can be bought from a player (so what's the point of putting them to Exotic Trader?). Second, it's nearly impossible to farm that amount of money. I believe only very few players have so much gp, and they collected it by either using old exploits, or buying rares and selling much more expensive later.

Another thing, that irritates me, is that prices for rare items were manipulated and highly increased in the last 2-3 years. I realise that there is inflation (due to 100k reward in Illia quest), collect GP is somewhat easier and it somewhat lost it's value. But if a player has tons of GP, he can afford to buy all cheap rares (even if he don't really need them), and sell them for much higher prices. The average price on market raises (because, who would want to sell Sunglasses for 2kk, if they were offered for 5kk by another player?), and the least fortunate suffer. As a result, the minimum price for a rare hat is now 2-3M, and if you want to buy something "cool", you can forget about <5M.

My message is: keep the prices within reasonable boundaries. Maybe a user DB scan could show, how many of each rare item is still in-game, it would help in estimating it's values.
People should be buying off other players before going to the NPC anyway, that way it doesn't stop circulating between players and they remain at least rares rather than unobtainables. This also makes it fair for people who still want to trade in the markets and bought it at the prices they did. If people don't wanna communicate then they can buy it off the NPC. the NPC really should be for the last resort options only hence the price should be higher than they are for the players trading other players. 50KK sounds better for eye patches rather than 100KK. 25KK-45KK for everything else on the NPC. It would make more sense and it wouldn't be a slap to the face for people who actually earned their unobtainables through trading, communicating, and finding them.

Honestly any unobtainable item should be shoved on the NPC for 25-45KK no matter how new it is that way the market game is still up for traders.
Yubaba
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

This topic started as a discussion about lowering available prices at exotic trader, but oh well...

With the passing of years it's getting harder and harder to get unobtainables. As a result, new players might feel getting a cool old item impossible, so they play few weeks/months, then abandon the game. We don't have that many quests to be attached to TMW for years, unless you have other reasons to stay.

Also there are many types of players. Some prefer to play in the caves, and not sit in the town and chat. Some even don't know English. Yet, they should still be able to get some nice items. Keeping NPC prices higher than average market prices? I think it should be the other way, NPC prices shouldn't be more than 20M for common rares, and 30-50 for the most rare ones. If NPC will sell them cheaper, the players start selling cheaper as well, and potentially more sales will happen, more players will have unobtainables, more players will enjoy what they achieved.

I'm bringing up an old subject. IMO it would make sense to bring back the snowglobes as rewards for xmas events. To make things more interesting, we could make some common items unobtainables. For example santa hats, or maybe some jacko drops?

Speaking of drops. Some mobs could drop rare items too, with a low (but not ridiculously low, like Dark Helm) drop rate. I know you'll speak about botting, but we have some nice GMs to watch over the players, and if they are lazy, we elect new GMs, who are more motivated. My recommendations:
  • Lady Skeleton drops Heart Glasses (0.01%)
  • Drunken skeleton drops Top Hat (0.005%)
  • Reinboo drops Antler Hat (0.01%)
  • Witches drop Witch Hat (0.007%) (unless Cassy plans witch hat as reward for the witch cult quest, and that quest will be released in this millenia)
  • Terranites drop Goblin Mask (0.005%)
  • Stalkers (or reaper?) drop Skull Mask (0.01%)
  • Mouboos drop Mouboo head (0.002%)
  • Mushrooms drop the corresponding hat, with low rate (0.001%)
  • Log Heads drop Bunch of Parsley (0.02%)
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Travolta wrote:My recommendations:

Lady Skeleton drops Heart Glasses (0.01%)
Drunken skeleton drops Top Hat (0.005%)
Reinboo drops Antler Hat (0.01%)
Witches drop Witch Hat (0.007%) (unless Cassy plans witch hat as reward for the witch cult quest, and that quest will be released in this millenia)
Terranites drop Goblin Mask (0.005%)
Stalkers (or reaper?) drop Skull Mask (0.01%)
Mouboos drop Mouboo head (0.002%)
Mushrooms drop the corresponding hat, with low rate (0.001%)
Log Heads drop Bunch of Parsley (0.02%)
I think is a good idea, because unobtainable become very rare drop.
I don't want scam players, or become a stingy players just for a nice hat. Who wants to be harassed by trade, or play with players always run after drop monsters and don't eat healing items for saving 250gp ?
If i want a heart glass. Ok, i go to hunt every time and buy food and potions (or iron/arrow ect). And become veeeery happy when the lady will drop the glasses :alt-8: A pleasure for a game.

Nitaclone, lol
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Making unobtainables a drop on a mob is a no no. If people are leaving the game because they can't get a hat theres a different issue there. Unobtainables should either be very very expensive on the exotic trader NPC or not added to the game at all IMO. That way it's not a slap to the face to the people who have been on this game for years to get what they have. If people want them they can get them the same ways through trade or a expensive gold NPC. definitely NOT a mob drop. That includes collectable items such as snow globes and items you listed. Collectors didn't collect and go through trade and time finding stuff so people can just add them in the game freely because they don't wanna do the work for them like others have.

If you want cool items perhaps help the development team make more for mob drops, but the items that are currently unobtainable should stay that way if not a very expensive price on the NPC.

~Chicka
Yubaba
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Making unobtainables a drop on a mob is a no no. If people are leaving the game because they can't get a hat theres a different issue there. Unobtainables should either be very very expensive on the exotic trader NPC or not added to the game at all IMO. That way it's not a slap to the face to the people who have been on this game for years to get what they have. If people want them they can get them the same ways through trade or a expensive gold NPC. definitely NOT a mob drop. That includes collectable items such as snow globes and items you listed. Collectors didn't collect and go through trade and time finding stuff so people can just add them in the game freely because they don't wanna do the work for them like others have.

If you want cool items perhaps help the development team make more for mob drops, but the items that are currently unobtainable should stay that way if not a very expensive price on the NPC.

~Chicka
Okay. Then start the game from scratch, and incognito. And collect all rares again. Then share your impressions. See you in 5 years.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Travolta wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:Making unobtainables a drop on a mob is a no no. If people are leaving the game because they can't get a hat theres a different issue there. Unobtainables should either be very very expensive on the exotic trader NPC or not added to the game at all IMO. That way it's not a slap to the face to the people who have been on this game for years to get what they have. If people want them they can get them the same ways through trade or a expensive gold NPC. definitely NOT a mob drop. That includes collectable items such as snow globes and items you listed. Collectors didn't collect and go through trade and time finding stuff so people can just add them in the game freely because they don't wanna do the work for them like others have.

~Chicka
Okay. Then start the game from scratch, and incognito. And collect all rares again. Then share your impressions. See you in 5 years.
I don't need to do it again, I've earned gold to spend on plenty of rares through time. Traded, talked to others, etc. You should try it sometime instead of asking for a freebee. There is a talk here about putting unobtainables in game by NPC for a large price, that's a way I wouldn't have had before, and it's not impossible, clearly people bought the crowns/sabers/monster helmets. If those people can earn those items they want then so can anybody on the game with effort.

P.S I have a right to share my impressions since I put the effort.

~Chicka
Yubaba
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Travolta wrote:

~Chicka
I don't need to do it again, I've earned gold to spend on plenty of rares through time. Traded, talked to others, etc. You should try it sometime instead of asking for a freebee. There is a talk here about putting unobtainables in game by NPC for a large price, that's a way I wouldn't have had before, and it's not impossible, clearly people bought the crowns/sabers/monster helmets. If those people can earn those items they want then so can anybody on the game with effort.

P.S I have a right to share my impressions since I put the effort.

~Chicka
A quick search on your forum posts shows us how you actually got most of your rare things.
I doubt it was because of your hard work lol.
Also I don't understand why is Chicka-Maria the only "developer" that talks here what about the other ones or the GMs ?
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

IMO super rare drops are a better idea than simply putting the current unobtainable items on Exotic Trader.
Why? Because the Exotic Trader only makes you grind for money - for damn much money.
And grinding for money is boring since in most cases it means Daily Quests and Red Slimes.

There are already enough reasons for grinding for money, so personally I prefer adding reasons to do other things than grinding for money so people have more variety = less boredom = play more.

Yes, seeing that a current unobtainable item becomes a drop hurts somehow.
But they wouldn't become ordinary drops -> super rares.
If we carefully check which drop rates would make sense, the result will be similar to putting the items on Exotic Trader.

Checking Travolta's suggestions, my comments in red:
  • Lady Skeleton drops Heart Glasses (0.01%)
    -> That would mean you would have to kill about 10,000 Lady Skeletons to obtain one pair of Heart Glasses, sounds good to me
  • Drunken skeleton drops Top Hat (0.005%)
    -> 20,000
  • Reinboo drops Antler Hat (0.01%)
    -> 10,000
    -> IMO that's too low since the Antler Hat is quite rare and Reinboos are easily defeated, should be 20,000 (0.005%)
  • Witches drop Witch Hat (0.007%) (unless Cassy plans witch hat as reward for the witch cult quest, and that quest will be released in this millenia)
    -> first of all thanks for that last comment :roll:
    -> 14,286
    -> IMO that's too low since the Witch Hat is very rare, should be 20,000 (0.005%)
  • Terranites drop Goblin Mask (0.005%)
    -> 20,000
    -> not sure if that fits, is it okay for a Terranite to drop a Goblin Mask?
  • Stalkers (or reaper?) drop Skull Mask (0.01%)
    -> 10,000
    -> I'd prefer the Reaper to give people one more reason to do that quest once it's finished
    -> Should be lower then, maybe 1,000 (0.1%) (sounds low, but ask yourself if you already defeated Luvia 1,000 times)
  • Mouboos drop Mouboo head (0.002%)
    -> 50,000
  • Mushrooms drop the corresponding hat, with low rate (0.001%)
    -> 100,000
  • Log Heads drop Bunch of Parsley (0.02%)
    -> 5,000
Regarding luck remember the Forest Bow quest: sometimes you only need 2 Raw Logs to complete it, but sometimes you need over 100.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

soseki wrote:Also I don't understand why is Chicka-Maria the only "developer" that talks here what about the other ones or the GMs ?
Heh I just posted^^
Well to be fair we had that topic like 123 times already, so it's running in circles until this point.
The problem with most developers is, that they are so busy with developing stuff that they don't have time to play the game and can hardly estimate things like how hard it is to gain millions of GP ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I'm still strongly against it, these items shouldn't suddenly be monster drops its still a slap to the face.
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Cassy wrote:
soseki wrote:Also I don't understand why is Chicka-Maria the only "developer" that talks here what about the other ones or the GMs ?
Heh I just posted^^
Well to be fair we had that topic like 123 times already, so it's running in circles until this point.
The problem with most developers is, that they are so busy with developing stuff that they don't have time to play the game and can hardly estimate things like how hard it is to gain millions of GP ;)

I'm posting as a player whos played the game for 6 years not a developer. I have always been against putting these items in game. also if they can grind a monster for a drop they can do the same for gold like a lot of others did.
Yubaba
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Cassy wrote:
Heh I just posted^^

I'm posting as a player whos played the game for 6 years not a developer. I have always been against putting these items in game. also if they can grind a monster for a drop they can do the same for gold like a lot of others did.
Well... the game has changed a lot in the last six years, drastically in this last 2 ones.