[DIS] New logo

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: [DIS] New logo

Post by Micksha »

Sure, no problem. Then I wont disturb any more and leave this in the skilled hands of Alige - happy to hear from you though, mr mana weed! :alt-6:
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

The more contributions the better. We even tried to make this into a competition at some point. We've been trying to get a logo for years now D:

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Being the old guy here ........

seriously, with all the stuff we need to get done ..... we are talking logo.

in the midst of a move of servers, and a merge, logos is the newest topic!

its like that movie "Up", look a squirrel!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Merlin
Developer
Developer

Post by Merlin »

Prsm couldn't be anymore correct on that one. However I found I had to do the same right away. Mainly because I had NO logo. You could just keep the old tmw one around. I do like the mana seed idea and the first concept by Alige. I think we should keep the old logo for uses thou. I will also. It can represent the long past of tmw. Just run with those two and don't spend anymore time the necessary on it. Many things never get done because they get nick-picked to death. 2 drafts of my logo and i was basically done.
Attachments
logowithphpbbbackground.png
logowithphpbbbackground.png (65.48 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
MerlinX420
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. Has anybody seen this princess I'm looking for?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I've been told the same thing before, that it's too soon for a logo. I can't understand that argument. Most startups have a logo before they even put an actual company together. I just think it's about time. It would be a shame to have a release ready and not be able to use a new logo when marketing it because we didn't think about it until the last minute. It's just basic marketing strategy.

TMW Team member

TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by TeZeR.D »

WildX wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 08:21 I've been told the same thing before, that it's too soon for a logo. I can't understand that argument. Most startups have a logo before they even put an actual company together. I just think it's about time. It would be a shame to have a release ready and not be able to use a new logo when marketing it because we didn't think about it until the last minute. It's just basic marketing strategy.
I think the point is we already have a perfectly passable logo currently - most startups need a logo because they don't have one at all before, therefore it is necessary.
IMO, the current is fine as a placeholder until more important/pressing matters are moved out of the way - but it is a small issue either way.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

prsm wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 00:09seriously, with all the stuff we need to get done ..... we are talking logo.
TeZeR.D wrote: 20 Mar 2018, 17:43IMO, the current is fine as a placeholder until more important/pressing matters are moved out of the way - but it is a small issue either way.
Better work on something than nothing. :D